Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sex before positive OPK. When is it to late?

Hello, I get really confused with the opks compared to actual ovulation. The app says im fertile 3rd-9th with the the 8th(today) being the day I ovulate. We had sex at about 12 or 1am yesterday morning , I tested yesterday at 5am and had a negative OPK then tested again at 4pm and had a positive. My fiance and I didint have sex again yesterday after positive OPK or this morning. If we don't BD until this evening after 7pm is that to late?  Should we just not get our hopes up and wait until next month to try again?🙁

Replies

• Hi

I thought that the positive opks showed the rise just before you ovulate, so it is showing you're still fertile today if it's dark. Is it a digital opk? I used the Clearblue digital one before I got pregnant last time and it showed the two most fertile days, so the day before and the day of ovulation. You get up to about 12 hours after ovulation before it's too late, so once your temp rises you could bd once more after that just to be certain. X
  • A positive opk just means that you are due to ovulate in the next 24-48h so it is best to continue dtd for a few more days and a day after ovulation to make sure you’ve covered all grounds. You should try to follow the SMEP as that appears to be successful for many x
  • @Siiia What is SMEP please? X