Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to conceive -

Hi, I’m new on here but looking for some advice if possible. 
Me and my husband are trying to conceive, I’ve been off my contraceptive pill since December and returned to a normal monthly cycle in January. Clockwork every month until last month when I was 5 days late. Did a test which was negative. Then started my period the next day. 

This month I’m now 7 days late. Had all the cramps, sore breasts and horrible feeling that I would have before my period, but nothing. Again a negative test. I generally don’t sleep much but all I want to do at the moment is sleep. And I have a funny taste in my mouth after everything I eat. 
Has anyone experienced anything similar? 
Any advice or thoughts appreciated. 

Replies

• Hi. Have you been charting your temps at all? I'm wondering if you've had a couple of months where you ovulated later, which will make your af be due later.

Or this month, with the extra signs, it could be a potential pregnancy? Good luck and lots of babydust to you! X
  • edited Jul 9, 2020 9:51AM
    I haven’t been charting my temp but I think I will start. 
    thank you for commenting. I don’t have any close family I can talk to so it’s good to know friendly advice is out there.xx
  • @Vixster2020 Sometimes lifestyle related factors can affect your cycle and cause a later ovulation. Stress, exercise, being unwell. For most people they will have 14 DPO before AF arrives. So maybe try Opks. They can be really helpful figuring out when you’re ovulating and then when you can expect AF. Hope that helps!