Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

15dpo, period due yesterday, lots of symptoms but negative test

I’m currently 15dpo and due for my period yesterday (or MAYBE today but I don’t think I’ve ever gone to 15dpo without one). We’ve been trying our 3rd baby (although I’ve had 3 losses) and I was/am convinced I am pregnant this month. I’ve had a LOT of symptoms, I’ve needed to pee constantly, I’ve felt sick, I’ve had a lot of ‘gas’ and I’ve had lots of cervical mucus which is odd for this time of the month.

I took a test this morning and it was negative 😟 it was one of those cheap dip tests though (I got them in a pack of 20, there ‘Femometer’ ones), and although it was my first morning urine at 7.30am I did have to wake up at 5am to pee too.

As the day goes on there’s still no sign of my period, and I’m so confused by all these symptoms I have. Could the test I have used been faulty? It definitely wasn’t expired! I’m thinking of buying a Clear Blue or First Response on. Has anyone else been pregnant despite having a negative test after the period due date?

Replies

• I am having the same issue. How did things turn out?
  • Period came the next day unfortunately 😟 hopefully you get the result you want!
  • Progesterone causes all of the symptoms that you experience in the two week wait so it’s impossible to distinguish between pms or early pregnancy symptoms hence why they recommend not to symptom spot. I was the exact same where every cycle I had a new symptom and then af still turned up and when I got my bfp I had absolutely no symptoms other than sore boobs but I get that every cycle anyway. So yea, progesterone is devious but good luck for next cycle xx
  • good luck with your next cycle!