Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Implantation bleeding or period? help!

Hi ladies 

I’m meant to be on my period today and not sure what’s going on really...
ive has light brown mixes in with my discharge and after that was just like a pinky colour or light red comes and goes.. does anyone know if it’s period or implantation? I’ve have had some light cramping and discomfort and my hips have been aching Round my lower back and just under my chest? I will send a picture so you can see. 

Replies

• This is very light and looks like implantation. But if u have fresh blood u r likely to have your period. 
  • Thank you for replying Ayana. It’s been like this all day well comes and goes had it in the morning and now this evening. feel cramps on my left and right side of lower stomach as well as the few symptoms I said above. im
    not gonna get my hopes up at this point just going to see that happens fingers crossed. 
  • Only you yourself can notice changes in your normal period. Because if your period is normally bright and heavy from the day 1 then it would be unusual for you to have such a light spotting throughout the day 1 of your period. I hope that you will get your bfp if you are trying to conceive x remain hopeful💜💜 but at the same time if you are expecting your period and have only light spotting you still might be pregnant because some women still get light spotting in first few months. You might as well get a test and check if its positive x 
  • Yeah it is unusual as I’ve ever experienced this light spotting before - when my period is due I normally get dark brown discharge then it’s fresh blood after but nothing like like this before that I got today and my whole tummy area feels discomfort and dull ache. I may wait a few days as I don’t want to get my hopes up yet as it could be period in the end. Last 2 months I’ve had my period a day or so early I’m actually due and this time in a day late. we will see hopefully it’s good news soon. 
  • Yeah some women prefer to wait for few days until they are late. I got my bfp 3 days before my period was due x So you never until you test all the luck
  • My period is scheduled to finish on Monday so probably wait until then. my stomach feels like bruised not sure if that’s normal?  with food this evening I wasn’t even full up normally I get full quickly but today I wasn’t lol not sure if that’s got anything to do with it. Day 2 no sign of my period. Hmmm..

• @Ayana just thinking about symptoms when should they usually arrive in early pregnancy. 3 days no sign of my period erm just thinking really hmmm...no sign of any other symptoms yet? 
  • Well symptoms of early pregnancy for me included sore breasts, bloating, slight cramps, headache... but reap symptoms start at week 8 - 10 some people dont get any until 12 weeks... so it depends. From the beginning I didnt feel much except being bloated badly and having food aversions.  Also my sickness started around 8 9 weeks and it was the worst thing ever. 
  • Ahh okay what about doing a test when do you reckon for accurate results I’m thinking may next week end? 
  • I'm not saying this is normal for everyone but in my usual menstrual cycle, I get spotting about 6 days after ovulation. This cycle I didn't and I am pregnant now. People who don't get spotting and then get it randomly, could be a sign of implantation. 
  • Yeah true. I don’t normally get spotting at all in my cycles and when my period is due I’d say 2nd day in I’m medium to heavy flow then eases down after but day 4 no sign yet. 
  • If its after your period is due... Take a test!! 
  • Okay so now I’m really confused I put a tampon on just in case my period does come and just took it out and this happened il send a picture. So confused now don’t know what to think. Day 4 now I should of been on my period. Looks like fresh blood??? 

• Just take a test Jess 😊
  • This is what’s confusing is it spotting or fresh?? I wouldn’t take a test yet just in case my period still comes and it ends up been negative Test. 
  • @Jess24 the exact same thing has happened to me this weekend....I’m 12 DPO and my period isn’t due until Wednesday but yesterday evening I noticed spotting that looks very similar to what you have shared....it stopped this morning but started again this afternoon and then stopped again! It is very unusual for me to have spotting prior to my period and tbh it doesn’t look like how the start of my period looks....I guess time will tell but I feel like I’m going to wait until next week to see if my period comes and goes before I take a test. Really confusing I’ve never had this before. 
  • @Balts1 it’s unusual for me as well. I had spotting day 1 of my period should be on day 4 now and nearly about to finish in a day or so. My spotting has been on and off but today was a little bit now more then but still light. we will see I guess don’t want to get my hopes up and think I am pregnant and then get false hope. 
  • CoconutfoxxCoconutfoxx Regular
    edited Jul 12, 2020 6:14PM
    If you're 4 days late, pretty likely you're pregnant... Unless you have irregular periods? 
  • Possibly I am then and I’m always regular. I will do a test by the end of the week if my period doesn’t come on. 
  • @Jess24 fingers crossed for you. I understand completely it’s so difficult not to get your hopes and then face disappointment