Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Does anyone have long irregular cycles?

just been looking on an app i use to track my period and it says my cycle is irregular and not in the expected bracket for my age. Is this going to affect us TTC? Im a little worried now

Replies

• I had long irregular cycles after a miscarriage in oct , got pregnant 1st cycle then unfortunately miscarried at 5 weeks. I am now 8 weeks pregnant after 5 months of trying so dont worry itll happen. Do you track ovulation? That helped us as I didnt know where my cycles were at x
  • @Lucky7188 we have only just started trying this month and was feeling hopeful reading stories from ladies who fell first month! But then when i read that it can be more difficult for ladies with irregular cycles TC i just felt so disheartened. I sort of know when im ovulating due to CM and generally feeling unwell, but next month i will be getting ovulation strips x
  • @Bethanyjean I think what they mean is due to having irregular cycles, ovulation dates aren’t consistent or regular hence why it’s harder to get pregnant. But if you’re tracking your cycle and ovulation then you’ll be ok and you’re not at a massive disadvantage so don’t worry x
  • KarmaDKarmaD Regular
    edited Aug 24, 2020 1:16PM
    @Bethanyjean
    I had VERY irregular periods. So much so that for years I never wore condoms bit only ever got pregnant once and Misscarried. But in May (when I actually decided to try) I detected my ovulation and conceived that very day, and are now 15wks preg.
    So don't be disheartened.  As long as you have ovulating days it will happen. 

Just believe and 'know ' it'll work bcuz it's all about mindset. Negative worrying feeling affect the bodies natural metabolism, envioirment and endocrine system more than ppl realise. Good luck beaut. 
  • Unfortunately I don’t even get my period