Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Hoping for a BFP in August 2020

Replies

• @EmPa agree with @Vikster82, you're not out until the witch arrives, so fingers crossed for you.

@Sheera welcome! 👋

@Fairycakes88 and @Chloe888 both my apps now say I'm 3dpo. Which means we bd 2 days before and then the day after ovulation, so not holding out any hope for this month. 😔 

Babydust to all! X
  • @Chloe888 Fingers crossed! 

@HippieMama4 Aww I'm sorry but you still never know, 2 days before isn't too bad either!
  • So lovely to already see positive tests this month! I've come off the pill now so just waiting for the withdrawal bleed and feel then I can get focused. Good luck all xx 
  • Morning all, period just started - always find I’m a bit off this day but back into a new month new - so fingers crossed for all of us for this month.

congrats to the ladies who got bfp’s 
  • @Mrs_T. the withdrawl bleed is horrible i came off mine on the 10th June, bled on the 18th till the 25th but it was a horrible bleed, very dark and long for me usually i only bleed for 5 days. i have been on the pill since the birth of my little one so just over 3 years Good Luck! 

Good Morning to everyone i hope you are all feeling well.

congrats to everyone who has has there BFP's 

im symptom spotting like no tomorrow by my app im 1dpo but in my mind i think i ovulated on the 28th so i would be 6dpo and my boobs are so sore, i feel heavy and i feel very hungry which is so unlike me. trying not to get it stuck in my mind but you cant help it! seems to take over everything

DH is quite a bit older than me so getting him to BD as much as i would like, is proving difficult! he works long hours and falls asleep in a heartbeat when he does get home.

• I'm only on CD5 so AF is on its way out. It will be such a loong month! I have my clearlue ovulation kit ready. I'm usually on a 27-28 days cycle but it was 25 days last month. When do you think I should start testing? CD10? 

@vikster: Congrats! Hope it's sticky bean for you :)  

When I conceived my son we didn't have a very active month as we were staying at my family. I thought we missed the window too. I had no symptoms either so wrote off the month so it was a huge surprise when I had the positive test! 
    When I think about it because I kind of wrote off the month we were probably more relaxed about it, which may have helped (?). I'll never know for sure of course. 

@HippieMama4 : Sorry to hear there you feel you missed your fertility window but as other people have said the body works in a funny way and it's not like you didn't bd at all. I wouldn't worry too much about it, these things happen. Conceiving can take its stoll on your relationship (I think many of us have been there). Sending you lots of positive vibes, I'm sure you'll get your bfp soon :) 

@EmPa: I hope AF stays away for you! Keep us posted. 

@Chloe888 : I was conceived on New Year's Eve by very tipsy parents haha, so I wouldn't worry too much :D

@Clarissa78 : So sorry to hear about AF turning up :( How long is your cycle? You might still get your BFP this month. Think positive :) 

• @Mary58 Hi Mary, I would be 27/28 day cycle. I take cyclogest at the end of my cycle so that regulates it - once get BFN at day 14 I go off it and then get a bleed. I do worry sometimes what if I implanted late and came off it tho am I causing the bleed. Anyway this month I start with NeoFertility - i have been with these for 5 years for PMS and women’s health - I have low progesterone so will def need support on that when I get pregnant. App 13th this month - I will be seeing if ovulation is occurring ok and also doing some follicle tracking. Turning 42
    in a few months so feel the huge pressure of my age. I really hope
    i can get pregnant this year. 
  • @Ashwee2428 oh no! Dreading it now 🤣. What pill were you on? I was on the mini pill so not had a period in nearly 3.5 years so not sure what to expect xx
  • @Clarissa78 sorry to hear AF has arrived xx
  • @Mrs_T. that was the same one i was on! it takes longer to come out of peoples systems than others, but it was quick for me i hadnt bled for around that long too! 

oh man be prepared for black/brown blood that looks like gravy with some thickner still left in - it was awful 
  • @Mrs_T. thank you .... keep going eh. 
  • Ladies help!!!
    Am I going crazy! 
    So I’ve had three consequtive miscarriages and never had implantation bleeding. I ovulated around 25th July this month. Doctors have asked me to take baby aspirin 75mcg every day whilst TTC. 
    Not due on my period until 9th September. Woke up this morning slight cramp (nothing like the pain I usually get prior to AF) 
    and when I wiped a light brown which has stayed most of the morning not enough to be like ohhh but enough to be noticed I have uploaded a picture. Could this be implantation and my baby dust sprinkle? Darent take a test as I’m worried it would be negative even if i were because it’s too early given I’m not due AF till 9th any thoughts on picture would be appreciated :) 
  • Just had an ugly cry about getting my af.. sometimes I feel partner doesn’t understand probably because we have to physically go through it
  • @Ashwee2428 I'm scared! I heard mini pill comes out of your system quicker than combined pill as it's only 1 hormone. A lovely thick gravy period sounds delightful 🤣. I hope it comes sooner rather than later! Thanks for the heads up xx

@Clarissa78 definitely! Sending love xx

@Kieneyl it could well be! If it is implantation a test wouldn't be positive yet. Good luck xx

• @MRS_T. I thought it was never going to end and it was the worst thing ever. mine only took a week to come so fingers crossed it comes and goes quickly for you :) 

@Clarissa78 sending you love and hugs, i find some men just dont understand, not just AF but the whole process they expect it just to happen and dont know the strain we put on ourselves to try and make it happen, from the tracking, testing and the mental strain we put our selves through, they just have one job to do, and sometimes that seems to be too much for them when we need them. You have all of us to fall back on - we all understand and are in the same boat. 
  • @Kieneyl it could very well be! It's probably too early to test but would be good timing. Baby dust to you 😊

I have a query. I've had 2 days of slightly raised temps, not as high as last month but still high enough I may have ovulated. I'm confused cos I never got a positive opk but I did get 2 days of dark lines before it went pale so not sure if I missed my peak. Anyway, we have to have our temps taken everyday at work cos of corona and mine was 36.00 bang on this morning, whereas my bbt was 36.37 this morning. How accurate are the zappy thermometers? The ones that don't actually touch you? And I'm guessing your temp shouldn't dip below your bbt throughout the day or it might mean I haven't actually ovulated? Sorry it's long winded 😂😂
  • @Ashwee2428 thank you... feel better after the cry - it does take its toll. But to be fair to him he is so good.. I think sometimes he just doesn’t know what to say... on to the next month new x 
  • @Clarissa78 sending you lots of positive vibes for next month! keep your head up and keep strong. Give yourself lots of love and you time, nice bath, chocolate and cuddles from your OH 

xx

• Hey ladies, so i was right, af is coming... I've started spotting which i get the day before af. Im ok about it though cause it's our first cycle trying so its ok! According to my app (image below) if i get pregnant next cycle, ill still be part of this group before next af arrives! I wish you all the best of luck ladies!!! See you all in a few weeks!

This discussion has been closed.