Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hoping for a BFP in August 2020

Replies

• Good Morning! I'm new to these threads after reading them every month on end now I feel like I need someone to speak to! My partner and I decided to TTC this year. I quickly became obsessed with ovulation tests and dtd like clockwork only to be left disappointed come time of month. When I first started tracking cycle was around 26 days until I came on 1st of June and that month I got excited period ended up being on cd31 come on again 1st of July currently on cd35 with no sign of period and also BFN I know this can be normal but I am starting to get really worried and down every month that it doesn't happen i feel like im getting my partners hopes up too only for them to be crushed with BFN. I did purchase pregnicare for conception but I ended up not taking them because I read that they could alter your monthly cycle should me and my parter think about taking these again also when would you speak to your doctor if my period doesn't come this month at all? Thanks in advance and I look forward to communicating with you ladies 
  • Fairycakes88Fairycakes88 Regular
    edited Aug 5, 2020 7:09AM
    @Anon2020 Welcome! I would recommend BBT alongside your OPKs so you can see when you ovulate and figure out your luteal phase. OPKs had peaks for me at CD12 but BBT shows I ovulate later, around 13-14, sometimes even 15. 

Had a big temp spike yesterday, today a massive drop below coverline at 7dpo. Not feeling the best but would have thought that would make my temp higher rather than lower? Who knows. Having AF style cramps too, not sure what to make of it.

• @Anon2020 Welcome! I would recommend BBT alongside your OPKs so you can see when you ovulate and figure out your luteal phase. OPKs had peaks for me at CD12 but BBT shows I ovulate later, around 13-14, sometimes even 15. 

Had a big temp spike yesterday, today a massive drop below coverline at 7dpo. Not feeling the best but would have thought that would make my temp higher rather than lower? Who knows. Having AF style cramps too, not sure what to make of it.

It all just seemed so confusing thats why I tried opks but I will looking it bbts today just at the stage that I would rather my period would appear so I can get a grasp on what's going on and start cycle over! 

Yes you would think having the spike would make you feel unwell! Hope you start feeling better soon! I never imagine ttc to be so stressful but we have been together for 9 years and feel like this is the final piece of our jigsaw im also just worried I am putting pressure on my partner as he thinks I'm worrying too much about nothing Thanks for your help 
  • @Anon2020 it is very confusing at times. I do BBT and OPK and Bd at the correct time and still bfn’s - they are so disheartening. Just have to keep going. I am going to get help this month as I know I have a few things in need help with like low progesterone. But I am in the older age bracket so feel like I don’t want to leave things to chance. I want to give us the best chance of getting pregnant. Wishing u all the best and babydust 😊
  • Good morning all.. I posted my test yesterday which couldn't see another line.   I've taken another this morning.. Too impatient to wait until tomorrow 🤭.. Please can you see this line? Original photo and then one I edited.. Thank you so much 😊
  • oops.. Here's the edited x 
  • @Crxx on the edited one I can see a line, fingers crossed for you. 

• @Crxx I can see a line, fingers crossed it keeps getting darker!!!x
  • when is the best time to test with a early response test? im dying to test but i dont want to keep wasting them - thank you xx
  • @Clarissa78 think im going to need to spend time doing some research again on it all. I just get so engrossed in it all and get very disheartened with a BFN. I am never late on (always kept track as I had come off bc) and now ttc been late 2 months in a row.  Good wishes sent to you too!! 

@Crxx I can see the line on the edited picture fingers crossed for you! 
  • Thank you so much, fingers crossed for all who are TTC ❤️
  • @Crxx I can see a line on both ! :) 
  • @Anon2020 I know stress can cause cycles to lengthen so keep an eye on that. I know I stress alot about the process which in turn does not help at all. Hopefully we will get our bfp’s soon x 
  • His ladies, 1 day late, i took another test just now (not fmu as i didn't have a test). I feel like its not darker at all... I feel totally sick though today... What are your thought? Ill post yesterday's test too to compare... The first response was yesterday.. today i took just a normal one from the chemist...
  • @EmPa there are def lines. Give it a few days and I bet it will get darker - congrats 🎉
  • Hi everyone. 

Wow, it looks like we've already got some great bfps and also have some good symptoms this month, so fingers crossed we have lots of sticky babies this month! 🤞😊💗

Congratulations to the ladies who have already got their bfps! 

@Chloe888 your chart looks good! Fingers crossed for you 🤞

@Ashwee2428 and @Mary58 that's exactly what it it's like. They only have to contribute so little, so just get on with it for goodness sake!

I'm currently 5dpo according to ff and premom, but I don't know if I ovulated on cd15 rather than cd14 as they predict, as I had ovulation pains on cd15 as well as more cm.

But either way, I've had the most painful stabbing pains in my boobs, especially my left one, yesterday and Monday. Also cramping today which I don't normally get. So we'll see what next week brings.

Good luck to everyone else, babydust to all! X
  • @HippieMama4 good luck sweetheart i have everything crossed for you! 

im just waiting to take a test not sure when to do it tho xx
  • @Ashwee2428 thank you. I'm going to look at my chart from when I got pregnant in February; I didn't temp, but I logged symptoms so I'll compare those to how I feel now.

What dpo are you? X
  • @HippieMama4 5DPO of i go by the app i havent tracked it but i think it may have been around the tuesday last week so 8DPO if i go with my gut xx

• In that case I would maybe say test in about 5 days. That way you'll either be 10dpo or 13dpo, so using a frer you might see something? X
This discussion has been closed.