Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Hoping for a BFP in August 2020

Replies

• @Emmagem ah that's fantastic xx
  • So pleased I went with my gut yesterday and took an opk ! My ovulation is usually CD21 to CD25 and was only CD16 yesterday! Wanted to be less stressed this cycle so only started the opks the other day and they were low ! I came home for lunch as I just had a feeling no idea why and it had jumped to peak ! Was DTD every other day anyway from CD12 so did it yesterday and today and will tomorrow! No idea why I have ovulated early! Had cramps all day today too which I have never had before assume maybe ovulation. 🤷‍♀️🌈 xx
  • @Chloe888 oh brilliant! You've definitely got it covered too! Fingers crossed for you xx
  • @HippieMama4
    I still think having a home birth is brave emotionally and physically! It sounds so much more intimate and and more centered around you and baby. the midwives are only there for you and your baby, unlike in the hospital, there are nurses running in and out of other patients rooms. 
    I went with a gynecologist with my first birth and it was good. I didnt like waiting in the waiting room forever each time but when I finally would get into to see her she was great. This time I defiantly want to go with a midwife, I have heard its a way different experience since you can call or text them at any time.. unlike a gyno, if you have concerned you just have to go straight to the hospital.
    Wow your ovulation tests look very positive on day 12 and 13. When I was using those I would have a peak for 2 days as well. Im not going to test again with the clearblue because i know it will be positive again. I'm going to BD for the next few days and hope for the best. CD 12 is kinda early for me, but my cycles have been short for a while now so I guess it makes sense.
    Guess you will have to see when fertility friend says you ovulate! 
  • @Chloe888 that fantastic that you caught that! Intuition is always right! Are you going to keep testing to see if you get 2 peaks? I wonder if it will peak again on CD21 like you said it normally does.
  • @Mrs_T. You think ? I hope so ! I've been asked about a few drinks tonight with the girls and a takeaway but I'm never sure if a few drinks is ok when ovulation is literally happening 🤷‍♀️ xx
  • @Emmagem yh i think that ! No idea why i thought I might have been haha ! I wasn't going to keep testing ! Wasn't sure you could peak again ? Should I? Xx
  • @Chloe888 yes definitely! Tbh I've never really thought of that! I guess it's personal preference really. You could always have soft drinks if you prefer. Go enjoy your girly time! Xx
  • @Mrs_T. I'm going defiantly need a good giggle i see what I feel like  when I'm there haha xx
  • @Chloe888
    I would keep testing for sure! I personally haven't had 2 peaks but there are tons on stories online where people have had more than one. 
    After reading that, I did test for an entire cycle to see if i peaked twice but I didn't so I no longer test everyday.

Also, to touch on the drinking topic, I have also wondered that myself. I feel like is is better not to drink but if your only having 1 or 2 I dont think it matters. However I had about 5 drinks yesterday and I am wishing I hadn't, so I wont be having any this weekend.
    Studies have shown that women that have more than 4 drinks a week (i think its 4, don't quote me) take slightly longer to conceive..
    I still have a few on weekends, but i have cut down for sure.

Anyone else drink while TTC????
  • @Chloe888 that's brilliant that you caught your peak - our instinct is never wrong! 👏😊 It looks like there will be a few of us ovulating at exactly the same time - how exciting! 😊 

It's totally up to you re the drinking. Some people say drink until you get a pink (line), others prefer not to drink. It's personal choice. Personally because we've been trying for so long and I'm an older mum, I want to try and ensure I do everything absolutely possible to give my eggs the best chance from the beginning. I have a drink during af and then I stop. I haven't been going out and aren't invited anywhere in the near future, so it doesn't matter for me haha.

@Emmagem it is very intimate, and definitely centred around the mum and baby. Dh is totally on board with it and when I was pregnant last time was looking at pools and planning where I would labour and how he'd make it lovely for me - he even keeps talking about a lotus birth, but I'm not convinced about that. 🤔

You have to go with what feels right for you and what your wishes are, as it's ultimately your body, your baby, your choice. 😊

Typically I've input this evening's test and it's gone back to saying my peak was yesterday! I hope I don't have to do this for many months, it's going to drive me mad. I'll do it until the tests run out then will move back to the digital one if I don't get pregnant in the meantime. 

I really hope the group has a good month of bfps this month, I think we deserve them! 🤞

Babydust to all x
  • @HippieMama4 the only thing I will say is that with the premom app and the sticks, really really try and take the photo in the exact same spot as one another, with no shadows on them at all, I can see some of yours have different shadows and brightness etc. I found it must easier the month that I took the opk photo in the same spot and made sure no shadows. Home birth is my dream 😍💓 read so many books on the statistics so you’re right there! But completely understand some people feel safer in hospital. @emmagem I really feel like I’m going to have a girl too! Or I just can’t imagine not ever having a girl... I’m tempted to get a medium reading too hehe! Also wahey for the smiley face lol it’s always exciting getting that! @Lexcy95 just amazing after all that time! Well done girl, so very deserved! ✨
  • @RiaMushk I struggle with the different times of day as the sun has moved around and it's hard to get it the same brightness. I altered the brightness on the last one so it looked more like it did in real life. 

Re home birth, have you watched any of the home birth diaries programme on YouTube? It's old so the quality of the episodes isn't hd lol, but they're really good and some are so inspiring - especially the VBAC episodes and women/couples who have fought the system to get their home births.

Struggling with dh now. He's got it in his head that bd this week has to be functional and robotic, "to get the job done." I tried to make it sexy on Tuesday and it didn't work, yesterday was functional and tonight it's not happening at all. I told him it is supposed to be fun, enjoyable and normal like it is the rest of the month, but he's not having it so I'm now sat downstairs crying that he clearly doesn't fancy me anymore or love me enough to actually want to bd with me. He has a low libido, but I can't help feeling it's just me. If I'm not pregnant this cycle I don't think I can do any more. I can't deal with his tiredness and lack of physical ability/action when I'm doing so much to try and make it happen 😥 x
  • @Emmagem I've always wondered it and think yesterday was my actual ovulation day so wasn't sure what to do! I did just have a few with the girls but when i got home my husband had the lads over and I had quite a few more ! Had a great night though and they have been few and far between after losing our little girl in april so I'll take them when I can haha ! X

@HippieMama4 im so pleased i caught it ! X
  • Absolutely take them while you can 👍😊 

Instinct. Never wrong x
  • @HippieMama4 I'm actually excited this month trying ! Not like stressed and anxious like I usually am ! X
  • That's brilliant. Positive vibes, fingers crossed this is the month 😊 x
  • @HippieMama4 I’m so sorry you had a rubbish evening and felt that Dh doesn’t fancy you. I’ve had that once and it was awful! I didnt let my dh forget abut it thougj the next day I was upset still and he apologised and said honestly he was just too tired. 
    I’m so so sure it’s not personal and you still make his heart go badooom! It’s just harder for guys I think they not up for it because physicallly they need certain things to go up... hahah! Whereas we can fake it a bit and just go with it if we really want to but don’t actually want to! 

I’ve really looked into the girl method... a more up to date one which basically says bd ONCE 2-3 days before ovulation day. So using my average peak day, I would need to calculate. 
    This reduces my chance of actually getting pregnant though. 
    Although I have bd every other day and then 3 days in my other cycles and still didn’t get pregnant so I just think well what harm will
    it be to try that this month!? 
    The month I got pregnant with my son I think I only bd once or maybe twice in my fertile week so it is possible to have sex once and her pregnant obviously! I think we forget this hahaha 

• Also, @Chloe888 Woop Woop! I had that one month just got a funny feeling and bam peak! So good you checked, your cycles are definitely coming back down to normal. I don’t think you’ll get a second peak, jusr check for a few days to see that the line has done faint again and then stop i would say! 
    I know once a while back you did get two peaks but I’m wondering if that first peak actually was a peak? Perhaps just a dark line. 
  • Hi ladies. What you think of these as I'm even more confused now! :neutral:
This discussion has been closed.