Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hoping for a BFP in August 2020

Replies

• Options

@HippieMama4    That is exactly why I moved to the digital tests, I was sick of squinting to be sure of my results.. I stress enough about TTC, I don’t want to stress about anything else!

I’m sorry you had a rough night with DH. I can defiantly sympathize with you, my hubby and I have had several nights like that too… I find it overwhelms him when I talk about ovulating or ttc.. I just don’t tell him now but I’m sure he knows when I’m all over him a few nights in a row lol but it seems to work better when I keep it to myself. Yesterday he got out of the shower and I offered to rub him down with cream.. Obviously to turn him on lol but it worked. He was tired and not really in the mood but just doing that for him helped to get in the mood and me too!

Don’t stress yourself out, he loves you, finds you attractive and wants a baby with you! He said the exact same thing my hubby said to me, it felt robotic or forced. It’s just hard for them to get in the mood when they feel that way. Just try waiting until he has relaxed all night and be willing to do “the work” for him in bed when he’s tired.

@Chloe888 lol! That’s what I did the other night when I had few too many. I just wanted to have a fun night and relax. It was nice to do, but I’m back on track now… Let’s hope I make it through the weekend with no drinks!!

• Options
    Mrs_T. said:
    @Emmagem ah that's fantastic xx
    almost missed this! thank you!
  • Options
    @RiaMushk yh they are getting back to normal i think ! Yh i will its starting to fade now x
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, I’m a newbie - been ttc for 5 mths now and again I think I am out this month - af seems to be coming.
    next month August I will be going to my gyne to get assistance as I feel we have tried on our own for 5 mths with no luck. I have low progesterone and may need some help with balancing of hormones... gutted to be out again this month 😞
  • Options
    @RiaMushk and @Emmagem thank you. I'm still upset now. Currently sat on opposite ends of the sofa, both on our phones. Nobody else in the house for 2-3 hours so the perfect opportunity to bd, but again nothing. Earlier today I showered and got ready to go for a walk on my own and I'd put a tiny bit of eyeshadow, mascara and coloured lip balm on and he popped in from work to get something from the garage. Asked me why I had "loads of makeup on" and questioned who I was going out with (nobody as there is nobody!) then announced he was going back to work and walked out. Got a text from him while I was out saying he was sorry about earlier (no mention of last night) and that he was just worried that I'd find someone else. Told him I love him and that even he doesn't fancy me, so nobody else is going to. No comment back to that. 😔

I never mention when I'm ovulating to him, but he questions me every day about it, asking if we need to do it that night. He texted me earlier saying shall we try again tonight. I'm f**king sat next to him right now in nice summer (ie skimpy) clothes, hair and makeup done and there's no interest in the slightest from him. I feel like absolute shit. Sorry for the swearing.

@Clarissa78 welcome! 👋 What signs have you got that af is on her way? When is af due? X
  • Options
    @RiaMushk I meant to say, is it the Babydust Method that you are talking about as being the recent one? I read about that too x
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 your man sounds like mine... frustrating lol!
    It sounds like he doesn't know how to handle the situation and by both of your ignoring one and other he probably thinks your still mad. he did ask if you wanted to bd so it sounds like he is willing but doesnt know how to fix the situation from here.

I hate doing it cuz i always have to but it sounds like you have to make the first move like I do with my hubby... Just talk with him and let him know you appreciate his apology and you just want to move on and have fun with him,then get a little flirty, smooth things over and get in a bd!!
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 100% what @Emmagem said - if he text you that... he probably thinks that’s his part done 🤣 and you’re going to have to sort of do the rest... I completely know where you’re coming from. Maybe he’s suffering mentally too?
    i remember. A few years back my husband was struggling mentally and he really wasn’t interested in me, I would sit there and feel so so awful and low, but he didn’t have a clue and was shocked to thing that I thought he didn’t fancy me! 
    I’d say keep communication going, so important to not bottle things up. 
    I hope you get to bd! Maybe say to him.... hmm house is empty... wonder what shall we do with this time!? 😉🙃👀 

and yes it was the baby dust method! Just seems a little risky doing it only once in the fertile week though... 
  • Options

Lush rainbow 🌈 💕 xx
  • Options
    Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well!
    I’m roughly 4DPO, don’t think we did it at the right times so I’m probably out this month. Got my peak on the 26th CD13, we was active that morning but was probs too early, am I right in thinking you need to get going after your peak?
    ah well onwards and upwards!
    @Kd050811 I had a funny month like that, never got a strong peak.

Baby dust to us all ***

• Options

Just got my first positive ovulation since MC! Me and my hubby BD on Tuesday and plan to this afternoon and tonight. Is that enough or should we BD on Saturday too? 
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 bad cramps, a little bit of pink blood and temp drop this morning 😞

never thought be such hard working getting pregnant... 

hope you ok, sounds like ye just need to have a chat.. it so tough 
  • Options
    I just can't do it anymore. I can't cope with feeling crap about myself every month. He must clearly see that I'm still upset, I've been out to the shops and then been sat upstairs on my own since tea. He's stayed downstairs and made no attempt at all to talk to me or ask if I'm ok. I've had enough, it's not working me feeling like this every month. I don't even have anyone to talk to and it's my son's birthday today so I should be happy. But he's with his dad and I'm waiting for him to come home, otherwise I'd go out for a drive. 

I'm so sorry I'm bringing the thread down when everything is going so well for everyone else.

Babydust to you all x
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 keep that chin up I know it is tough, guys are clueless sometimes - you have to spell things out to them. 

I understand the feeling crap bit - I feel the same and this is consuming me all the time-TTC 
    I feel like that is all my life is about counting days to ovulate, 2 wk wait - period and back on the cycle again... it is not good for us to be so consumed with it... 
    I know for me it could take a few more months to get pregnant so need to find a way to live and TTC
  • Options
    Didn't check BBT today as I was up early for work and forgot 🙈 But think I am 2dpo. Just been plodding along really. Work work work! 
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 I almost guarantee he still wants you. Men are simple creatures and hes probably doing the whole she needs space thing. I have to apologise for my 'mood' a lots just to allow my bf that opportunity to relax, when I explain why I have been acting like I have (mostly it's because he doesn't know when a joke is no longer funny and I start taking it to heart) he will also apologise. It's like black and white thinking in their heads its either we are good or we are breaking up. Honestly just break the ice then tell him how you feel. 
  • Options
    @HippieMama4, agree with previous posters, definitely have a chat with your oh, be open and let him know that this is hard for you. You’re not alone! My oh also was too tired somedays and it’s oh so frustrating, especially how much time and effort we all put into TTC and it’s on our minds 100% of the time and they don’t even realize it. I find open communication is best so he understands exactly how you’re feeling. 

@CountryMumkins Don’t count yourself out! You managed to bd on peak day so that’s great! As you probably know, sperm can live for 3-5 days! So if you ovulated 12-24 hr after you’re still golden!

goodluck! Xx

my temps aren’t really going up too much, hovering at coverline. I feel really heavy in the uterus area, almost like AF is coming, but I’m only 6dpo. Have no idea what’s going on! 

• Options
    hi everyone. This is my very first month TTC ever. I'm 28 and in grad school and trying to time this pregnancy with a due date for my expected graduation next year. I just came off the pill at the end of my pack in mid-july. I'm using OPK's and got positives for 7/29 and 7/30 with a peak between those two dates. I also believe I ovulated the night of 7/30 as I had serious knife-jabbing pain in my uterus for about 5-10 mins that night and a negative OPK test. I know getting pregnant on the first try doesn't always happen but still hoping and trying not to think about all the future times this pregnancy could fail even if i do get pregnant. Currently 2 DPO and impatiently doing my TWW.
  • Options
    I took a early test today just out of curiosity and there is a very faint line. What’s the chances it’s not true? AF due on the 15th but I just feel different to normal.
  • Options
    hi ladies. Haven’t been on for a while. Just got a referral through for fertility clinic. Felt sickly this morning and sore boobs so decided to take a test. I’m 10dpo so still very early but have now had faint positives on 3 brands but neg on digital. I’m posting the frer as this one seems clearest. I would only be 3 weeks today. 
This discussion has been closed.