Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Was this implantation bleeding?

Hi ladies! I'm hoping you all can help with this. My hubby and I are TTC. I am very regular with a 28 day cycle. Had intercourse on day 11, with ovulation on day 13. On day 22 (9DPO and exactly 1 week before AF) I had 3 drops of light red blood in the toilet, and a very small amount of light pink when wiped. This only happened one more time later that same day. Could this be implantation bleeding??

Over the next 4 days, I had PMS-like symptoms with cramping and aching near ovaries. On day 25 (12 DPO) took a HPT and it came out negative. PMS-like symptoms continued (no blood). I also had extreme thirst and aversions to all food. Took another HPT (first response brand) on day 26 (13 DPO) which again came out negative. I have not tested since. Over the last 3 days, I've also been feeling car sick. I do not normally have these symptoms a week before my period, but there they were! Today, on day 28, I had some watery very light pink/pale discharge. Period due tomorrow, day 1 of new cycle, but I'm hoping it doesn't show.

Anyone else have this kind of discharge right before AF was supposed to come, but AFTER implantation bleeding? If another test is negative, what the heck was that tiny little bit of bleeding on day 22 of my cycle?? 

Thank you all so much for sharing guidance and your own experiences. <3 

Replies

• This happens to me every month between 6-9dpo I get very light spotting. It was only this month when I didn't get it I was pregnant. Some people don't get spotting, and then get it when they fall pregnant... But also get it and are not pregnant. Take a test and put your mind at ease. 
  • Thank you Coconutfoxx! In my 20+ years of having a period I've only had spotting once about 15 years ago and it was a because of a contraceptive pill I was taking at the time. So I was like 'what the heck is this!' when I saw the little drops earlier this month. I'm glad to hear it's not so uncommon! Taking another test today. :)