Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What time of day is best for opks?

Hi

I've been doing my opks for the last few days at about 4pm. I'm going to start doing them twice a day now, so is there a better time to do them or shall I go with 3.30pm and 7.30pm? 

Thank you!

Babydust to all x

Replies

• I do mine first thing in the morning and then later on at night because I’m obsessed haha 😂 
  • I’ve got an app called Clue which I’ve had for ages, usually just to track periods because of long cycles but now that I’m tracking my ovulation I’ve found it’s really accurate. You can add info to it and it’s really easy to use I would recommend downloading it to track everything :) is this your first baby your trying for?
    good luck xx
  • Haha, thank you @Emsy20.

This is mine and dh's first baby together but I've got children from a previous relationship. We've lost 2 together, most recently in May this year when I went for the 12 week scan and found that the baby had died a couple of weeks before. 

I've used the  Clearblue digital opk for the month we got pregnant last time, but it was expensive so I thought I'd try the easy@home ones with the 
    Premom app this time as lots of ladies on here recommended them.

I've been using fertility friend and charting for a long time x
  • @HippieMama4 aw sorry to hear that, must have been a very hard time for you. It’s one thing anxiety of ttc but then it’s everything that comes next!
    This is our first, been off contraception since last September so hoping it might be our time this month xx
  • Thank you @Emsy20. It was heartbreaking for us. Dh was so excited and making plans for prams, slings, holidays with the baby, talking about names....I had to go to the scan on my own due to lockdown, which was awful in itself not having him share it, then having to ring dh and tell him that the baby had died.... I had an ERPC a few days later and again had to be on my own, which was horrible.

It had taken us a year to get pregnant, so to then have it taken away from us was just devastating. I had grown a bump, was being sick, everything you'd expect to be happening for a normal pregnancy.

We're hoping that it will happen again soon and that maybe it was fate because dh couldn't share it with me properly, when we both so desperately wanted him to be able to.

Have you been charting your temps alongside the opks? 

Good luck to you too, fingers crossed August is a good month 🤞🤞 X
  • Oh that’s devastating @HippieMama4 what an awful thing to go through. I’m so sorry. Wishing you all the luck in the world this time round. 
    no I didn’t chart temps but think I will next month if no luck this time. First time I’ve used the clear blue tests this month. I had 2 days smileys, retested today and it’s gone back to a circle so I’m hoping we’ve done it at the right time! 
  • @Emsy20 Thank you, I really hope it's our time soon. 

It sounds good for you with the digital opks, fingers crossed for you 🤞 x