Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

PCOS help

Hey all
So today it was revealed I likely have PCOS. I am aware of the condition and considered years ago I may have had it as I've always had stray hairs on my chin I pluck regularly. Nothing too unmanageable and no other real symptoms. My periods were always regular 30 day cycles.
Then enter lockdown and boom! 3 late cycles in a row. Just as we decided ttc. 🤦‍♀️ Went for blood tests and just got the results and Google is both helpful but also daunting on the fertility side. Many sites claim it to be a big problem which I am really hoping it won't be but also trying to be realistic. I'm due another blood test on the 10th to see if I ovulate. Last month I tracked bbt and used opks and both seemed to indicate that I did ovulate last month at least, albeit on cd 32. I was feeling confident that hopefully the blood test would clarify that however I've just been researching on the clear blue website and it says opks aren't suitable for people with pcos as they can give false results and now I'm questioning everything.
To make matters worse I did a test after getting off the phone and it seems to show that a surge is building up but now I don't know what to think. I was initially really excited as I'm currently cd 15 and ovulating over the next couple of days would bring my cycle back to 30 days for the first time in 4 months! But now think it might be a false result? 
I'm sure there are many ladies on here suffering with pcos and I was just wondering if any of you ovulate regularly or have even been successful ttc without any medical interventions? 
Here are all my charts and tests. If anyone could help me to figure out if they truly did show ovulation or if it's all misleading results brought on by hormones I would really appreciate it (also I have made a handwritten chart for this months tests. I know my latest one is not positive but could be leading up to a positive in the next few days) 

Replies

• Hi I don't have pcos myself but know plenty of people that do and have children. A woman with pcos I went to university with has a daughter and my fiancé's sister has pcos and 3 children (she was also told she'd never have kids and didn't do ivf). Just track your cycles and be prepared to wait a little bit - but not impossible. 
  • @Coconutfoxx thank you that's really helpful to know! I wasn't feeling too bad when I got off the phone, like I said I sort of expected it and had done some research already. Strangely enough all the research I did prior to knowing was a lot more positive 😂 now I know with some certainty I have it the websites all seem to be leaning towards the more negative side of things. Hope it's not an omen 🤞🤞
  • Everyones pcos is different i healed mines this may help though https://dausel.co/ikkpUG