Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Confusing charts 😣

Hey! Was after some help working out where I'm at in my cycle if anyone would be willing 😊

Last month was my first month charting and using opks, and also my 3rd long cycle in a row. I had a long chart but had the unquestionable confirmation of ovulation (I think anyway) by an obvious temp rise 2 days after a positive opk and then af coming 14 days later.

This month, I was lazier charting and took a break over af. Started opks on cd 12 but due to being back at work could only test later in the day. Last month I learnt that I got good results when testing between 11-12, any later and the results were always fairly faint I guess due to dilating my wee. I got an almost positive on cds 15 and 16 and now it's back to being faint. My last 2 temps have been higher than normal, but not as high as last month. I know I need 3 in a row, but if I'm honest even if it's still up tomorrow I won't be entirely convinced that the big o has happened. I have no idea where I'm at this cycle. 
Ff predicts it was on the 29th which would be cd 14 but the temps following that look like a rise in this chart were really fairly average last month. Yesterday's and today's were higher than last months average though, but not amazingly. Only about 0.2° higher 🤷‍♀️ I don't know if that's enough. Also at work today I had my temperature taken with a non-contact thermometer and it gave me a lower reading than my raised morning bbt (despite it being 30° heat here today and me being active chasing children but whatevs) so I'm just after anyone else's opinion on my chart if pos?

I'm having a blood test around the 10th to check if I ovulate due to investigations regarding my 3long cycles and the possibility of me having PCOS. I really wanted an obvious chart like last month to help put my mind at ease but I'm so confused now 😣😣

Also the high temp on cd 11 this month was when I woke up in the middle of the night with a reeeeeally upset tummy. Don't even know if I should have bothered charting it as it throws off my average but I know the reason for it

Replies

• The month I got a rubbish chart was the month I got pregs... You never know! 
  • @Coconutfoxx good to know its somewhat normal to have wacky charts then! Congrats! 😊😊
  • Premom goes by the 3 over 6 rule. So once you've had 3 temps higher than the previous 6, it marks your ovulation day as the one before the 3 higher temps. Going by that, it would say you ovulated on cd17, which would also be correct with your darker opks. Do you use premom to log your opks? X