Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help. Losing hope testing

Hi. Has anyone had a slight positive with first response early test and then had negatives on other tests and still been pregnant? Xx

Replies

• I think it can happen as if it is very early your HCG levels might not be high enough to be picked up on other (cheaper) tests. 

There is also a risk of chemical pregnancy (essentially a very very early miscarriage only detected if you test early). 
  • I miscarried on the 4th July so have been waiting for my next period to arrive so I had hope that the slight faint positive meant I was pregnant. As I don’t know when or if I’ve ovulated I don’t know how early the test is? Xx
  • Yes it can happen. I'd wait for a couple of days then. If you had a faint positive on First response this should get darker then (HCG levels double up every 48 hours I think). Good luck and keep us posted. xx
  • I took one yesterday and 2 more arrive today so fingers crossed! Will keep you updated. Thanks for replying 🤞🏼☺️
  • This was my faint faint first response test... you could see it better in person and like I said it’s only slight but what do you think? Xx

• I feel like i can see a line but my eyes arnt the best so i dont know if they are playing tricks on me!x
  • I think I can see it but as you don't know your cycle it may be too early which would explain that it is faint :) 
    I think first morning urine is best so I'd wait until tomorrow to compare. 
  • Thank you both. I’m glad it’s not just mine. I took one the day before and it was the same so I’ll try tomorrow and see how it is! Fingers crossed! Xx
  • As I said it usually takes 48 hours for hcg to really increase. I know it's hard to wait (especially after your loss :( ). 

On the positive side the loss indicates you are able to conceive and you are likely to be more fertile in the next few months. 

Took me 4 regular cycles to conceive after an early miscarriage. Don't lose hope :) 
  • Aww thanks for being so nice and understanding! I kind of either want a clear positive or a period just so in know where I am if you know what I mean? 

Least if I get a period then I know when to track etc but now it’s like trying to see in the dark!

if I’m pregnant it’ll just be the best need! My miscarriage was at 12 weeks and was so traumatic as I’m sure it is for anyone! 🤞🏼💜
  • Just taken this one? 

• Taken this one with fmu. Am I going insane? Xx

• Hey Emma, I've been looking at your posts on a few discussions but i really can't see anything in them unfortunately.. maybe you're still testing a little early? Maybe wait a few days to test and try again... Fingers crossed for you! 
  • Hi @EmPa. That’s for your reply! You can see them more in person I swear I’m not going mental! I’ve compared them to a negative I got as well and they are different. 

I’m going to test again Saturday 🤞🏼
  • Just don’t a little edit and you can slightly see something? Xx

• Hi Emma. Omg it’s so hard not to get fixated on faint lines. I can see a shadow in the last piccy so fingers crossed it might be a really early pregnancy. This was me last week. I had 3 days of faint positives then a negative 3 days later. But I still haven’t got my period yet. So I have no clue what’s going on. My doctor has sent  me for a blood test but I haven’t had the guts to go get it yet. 

I would try and wait 2-3 days to retest as hcg can take 48-78 hours to double so you should get a clearer positive. Good luck and keep us posted 🙂
  • @KristyH I really hope it gets darker. Going to re test Saturday! I don’t know what I’m going to do if it goes negative! Surely my levels have gone since my pregnancy was 6 weeks ago and I had a D&C. The nurses I have spoke to seem to think it’ll be a new pregnancy but not sure as it’s not got much dark over 3 days. 

Aww go and get them and put yourself out of the misery of what if. It’s the worst part! It could be good news! 🤞🏼 Let me know xxx
  • I would think so after 6 weeks they should have returned to normal. Although I guess it depends on how far you were. How far were you when you miscarried? Saturday’s test should be a good indicator for you then! Hoping is good news. 

Yes I think I’ll go tomorrow but I have a gut feeling it’s negative. I wish AF would just hurry up! 
  • I was 12 weeks! But still the nurses did seem positive that it’s more than likely a new pregnancy. I’ve just taken this ovulation test and days 5 low. Not sure what that means do you? Picture below 

Aww you never know it could be positive! I know how you feel. I either want my period or a clear positive! 

• Oh yeah that’s really hard. I’m sorry that happened. 

I’m not really sure how these ovulation tests work. Sorry hun. Might just have to be patient which is not the easiest thing to do I know!