Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Light spotting - 14dpo period or early pregnancy ? Any experience

Hi ladies 
I’m currently 14dpo give or take yesterday and today I’ve had very light brown spotting tiny amounts in my cm when I wipe , I’ve not done a test since Tuesday which was bfn . 
Is this my period on its way or possible pregnancy ? 
Never usually get this before my period x

Replies

• Sorry for tmi !! 
  • I had a bit of that the night before I was due on, so I thought AF was on the way and I was out again for another month.. even had a little cry about it.. next day I got my BFP!
  • I had a bit of that the night before I was due on, so I thought AF was on the way and I was out again for another month.. even had a little cry about it.. next day I got my BFP!
    Oh wow ! Had it a little bit yesterday as well. Been feeling very strange today, could go either way I suppose. Thanks for giving me a bit of hope ! Did you get any cramps as well? X
    Oh wow ! Had it a little bit yesterday as well. Been feeling very strange today, could go either way I suppose. Thanks for giving me a bit of hope ! Did you get any cramps as well? X

Yeah I did, I felt exactly as I would normally feel coming on, that's why I got so upset about it, I genuinely thought AF had arrived! I had a light colour when I wiped, and I felt bloaty and had a really dull ache, like someone is squeezing you.. It was only that the next day I didn't actually come on so I figured I would do a test.
    It was then over the next week or two that I started getting more sharp cramps which was all the stretching. My real pregnancy symptoms, nausea etc didn't start till week 7.

Yeah I did, I felt exactly as I would normally feel coming on, that's why I got so upset about it, I genuinely thought AF had arrived! I had a light colour when I wiped, and I felt bloaty and had a really dull ache, like someone is squeezing you.. It was only that the next day I didn't actually come on so I figured I would do a test.
    It was then over the next week or two that I started getting more sharp cramps which was all the stretching. My real pregnancy symptoms, nausea etc didn't start till week 7.
    Ahh good to know , thank you !! 
    I’ve had cramps on and off for the past 3 days , every day I think yeah period is deffo going to arrive but nothing as of yet ! How many weeks are you now ? Congrats btw!! X
  • Hi. Sorry to jump in but have you any updates? I'm going through exactly the same thing now! My AF is due in 3 days but I've had cramps, back pain, nausea and spotting on and off since 5dpo! I've caved and done a few tests not with BFN! I'm so confused I've never had this before! 
  • Yes how did it turn out? I’m either on cd27 or cd3, spotting for 2 days and cramps, sore boobs and nausea but now nothing and a big fat bfn this morning x