Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Positive cheapies and negative cb / frer

I am really starting to get angry and frustrated of HPT:s! I've had positive tests on cheapies for a week now (pic incl), DPO is maybe something between 13-16, not sure because did not test dor ovulation. 

So here's the deal: several positive tests on cheapies, (taking two every Morning), and all came back positive with a line that is not as dark as the control line but pretty clear. I have been anxious and moody for every two days (also other symptoms indicating pregnancy).

Although cheapies are positive, clearblue digital (weeks) came up negative dpo11 and this morning FRER game back bfn! Compared to the cheapies, there is a clear difference and that is making me very frustrated and even angry. I also asked my husband to take the cheapie-test and it came back negative. So the cheapies would'nt show false positives either? Perhaps.

What to believe!? 

Here in my area they don't test for hcg-level bloodworks, so the only thing to make sure that I'm pregnant right now is the tests. I truly want to believe I am pregnant with these cheapie results (pic taken within the time-frame and these two are from a week ago and yesterday). 
I have upcoming ultrasound at 6+2-6+3, and it is gonna be looooong two week wait.
Any advice or experiences? 

These tests were taken a week ago.

This is yesterdays test.

Replies

• Options
    Sorry didn’t want to read and run! 
    That is bizarre... the digital
    im not surprised at as they take a bit more hcg to work but frer should have shown! 
    Do you know how late you are for your period? 
  • Options
    This is very bizarre, I thought that frer should show... But I consider, that my sample was a it too short time in my bladder, because I woke up around 4am, to test with cheapie and frer 2hours later. My AF was due around somewhere this week, so very early testing… Panicing because I got the first positive week before AF due. 

But I can't really imagine that the negative tests are accurate - fake positives are quite rare (apart form vvvvvvfls) and accoring to my husband, bff, and my co-worker - they all said that these positives are not even faint lines, they are quite clear positive tests. 

I'm so glad that I spoke today about my anxiety and panicing to my co-worker, because she just sent me to hcg-level testing! Going today, but the result is probably ready somewhere between saturday-monday. She told me that normally these testings are not done (as I already knew) because HPT:s are reliable. 

When she heard my situation and my background (infertility and hormonetreatments in the past to get pregnant), she thought that I need that test to be done. She also made me promise that I wouldn't do any more tests after I get my results - because there is not going to be any doubt if my hcg-levels are in fact implying pregnancy...
  • Options
    Very bizarre (and I'm right there with you about being fed up with these *#€%& HPTs!) 
    Do you have a picture of the FRER?
  • Options
    Noup, I was so dissapointed this morning with frer, so I first took it apart and there still wasn’t anything to see. BFN I’d say. And then I threw it out and left for work - thank god I had a meeting with my co-worker nurse. 
    Bloodworks probably are available on monday... 

I have read tons of discussions this week about getting positive and negative tests at the same time - I’m starting to think that maybe there is a reason why some tests show positives and some don’t because there were soooo many experiences...

If I had believed the first test - I wouldn’t even know that some tests could be negative at the same time when others are positive... 

Even my hubby did one of the cheapies and it was BFN and mine still positive - what the ....?! And some days even the same urine sample gives two positives and they could even be little different colours, but positive both.
  • Options
    @mattam am glad you went and got a blood test as I agree there will be no doubting the results of that and at least that way you will know for sure one way or the other, good luck!!!  
  • Options
    Thanks!! I am so happy too, thought that I wouldn’t get to go, these measurings are ”too expencive” and ”not needed” according to health care providers (I live in Finland). 
    My prenatal-nurse told me that there is nothing that they can provide for me when I called (monday) and I should just rely on the positive test and wait for ultrasound at 12weeks. No way I’m gonna be sane after panicing two months..! 

My colleague is sooo happy that she could help me and no way I’m letting go of a friend like this. 

Of course I’m feeling nervous about the results, but I have a greatgreatgreat feeling that the negatives must be wrong. But the bloodworks just to be 100% sure.
  • Options
    @mattam well good luck with that keep us updated xx
  • Options
    Thanks, I will!  :) 
  • Options
    What a horror-monday! My hcg-level was 0,3 - so not pregnant according to that result. Cheapie from saturday still looked like this: 

So. Now I called my nurse and went to take another blood-test, when that result comes, I have to call her again. She said that she’d believe the cheapies and there is not many things that we could do - but to wait. 

• Options
    Cheapie still positive, and frer came up with vvvvfl/evap line. DH is not losing faith although I said that It’s nearly impossible for me to be pregnant according to the beta-hcg. 
    Still no AF, and moodswings, boobs swollen... I hate this! If I’m not pregnant and the cheapies are lying for some reason, how can I ever trust them again! Any urine test actually, bc if I have positive test I won’t be able to relax until I see something via ultrasound. 

The nurse told me yesterday that she made a reservation for the doctor to call me wednesday - I sure hope there could be a plan to finding out what the heck is happening. I think that maybe the doc says that def not pregnant and giving me meds that bring AF. Or continuing blood-tests and an ultrasound - but bc that is expensive, I think that no exams are made and just writing me a prescription of meds. Soooooo frustrating!
  • Options

Frer this morning. Took it apart, seeing a line and vvfl there is. Cheapie showing like this:

• Options
    Now I started having lower abdominal pain, and my mind set things in order soon as it started. Different than the pain/sensation I’ve been having for a week. Reminding menstrual pain.

Soon as I start bleeding (if it starts), and it resembles normal AF, it will be chemical pregnancy/early misscarriage. So the tests did not lie - hpt:s nor bloodtests.
    Something tried to happen and that is way more positive than having a looooong long cycle with negative tests and many symptoms. Something tried to happen so that means my body (and DHs) works and we may get pregnant some day, sooner or later (hopefully). 

If bleeding doesn’t occur, there is definately something happening and it reguires doctors exams - tomorrow I’ll be a little more wise with this situation. 

DH is torn and sad. This was going to be his first - so now I don’t have any other option but to be there for him. Comfort and listen. He still tries to keep his hopes up (no bleeding, no miscarriage). I am so afraid for him - I will manage to get through this... 
  • Options
    No more pain, no bleeding. No spotting either. I asked for experiences from local mother-group and there were some that had the same situation and they were pregnant.
    Dunno what to think, doctor should call me today...
  • Options
    They called me and the doctor thinks that first we should take another bloodtest (beta-hcg), and then if the results are the same, an ultrasound is provided for me. If there is hcg, then probably follow-up tests and ultrasound. Sounds good to me, although I thought that doc would think that ”nah, just wait for a bleed or if there isn’t in two weeks, call back”. 

No bleeding, no pain. Swollen boobs, tender nipples, excessive burps/reflux, loss of appetite/feeling a bit sick, moodswings, swollen lower stomach. 
  • Options
    Update; hcg still the same, but now they want to do an ultrasound to see what’s going on. Doctor called me today and gathered all information about my previous infertility, miscarriages and pregnancies, and what symptoms do I have. She called ob/gyn who is also stunned that there is 20 positive cheapies, no bleeding, but bloodtest is not showing. 

Ob/gyn said that they should do the ultrasound and then guide me to gyn IF there is no viable pregnancy. Then they apparently check my ovaries if general doctor does not see anything. That sounds like they are having doubts that the bloodtest is wrong and want to check the situation... 
  • Options
    I had the ultrasound and there was nothing. Doctor said that this was chemical pregnancy and bleeding should start any day now. She was right - started spotting this evening.