Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Ovulation pain

Hey all! So I am new to this, I hopped on here because I need answers and this is always my go-to website for answers! I am on my third cycle of TTC. I had a chemical pregnancy on cycle 2. This cycle I confirmed ovulation with OPKs and got my peak around noon today on CD14. Later on in the day I had pain in my right lower abdomen (which I have never noticed before) it lasted for about 2 hours and got progressively worse before it got better. Along with the cramping I also felt some slight sharp pains here and there. Heating pad and hot shower seemed to help a bit. Also noticed my cervix is hard to reach and pretty soft. My question is is it possible to have ovulation pains on the same day as your peak LH surge? And if so does that mean the egg was released? 

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Regular
    edited Sep 21, 2020 11:56PM
    Post withdrawn
  • Ok. I also had a cyst removed from the same ovary about 9 years ago.. I wasn’t sure if that could be it as I have never felt ovulation pain before. The other symptoms make more sense for it to be ovulation; sore breasts, pelvic pain, high soft cervix, and positive OPK. The only thing I haven’t noticed yet is the EWCM which I also don’t think is normal for me as I have never really noticed that before either. Thank you for your response!