Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How long do everyone’s lh surges last for on tests ?

I’ve had positive ovulation tests for 2 days now is this normal? And when would you think I am likely to ovulate with it being positive for 2 days ? 
Thanks ladies. X

Replies

• Options
    Hi. Which opks are you using? I used the easy@home tests and input them into the premom app. Here is my chart from the last couple of months so you can see what my hormones do.

• Options
    This is last month, when I got pregnant x

• Options
    And this is my bbt chart to confirm when I ovulated on fertility friend x

I hope they help! X
  • Options

These are mine also using easy@home test and premom app. I’ve had positives for 3 days now and don’t know if it’s normal to have it for that long ? Xx
  • Options
    I think it looks like a lot because you seem to be doing a lot of tests each day. They say you only need to test twice a day, so maybe try doing one test after lunch and one more around teatime? X
  • Options
    I think it looks like a lot because you seem to be doing a lot of tests each day. They say you only need to test twice a day, so maybe try doing one test after lunch and one more around teatime? X
    Oops I know a lot of them are the same tests , but took a pic of it a few times cause I never waited the right time / or bad lighting ! Need to delete some , I normally test twice a day or3 if I think wee was a bit diluted x
  • Options

Sorted it haha ! Makes it seem less confusing now . Thanks for your help x
  • Options

I heard that some women can have elevated LH for 6 days, so it should be normal if you have positive results for 3 days in a row. I would say keep testing, it may go down the next day. But the HCG also would cause false positive in the ovulation test. How long is your cycle usually? If the AF comes late, I think you may want to take an HCG test.

• Options
    Louisa199 said:

I heard that some women can have elevated LH for 6 days, so it should be normal if you have positive results for 3 days in a row. I would say keep testing, it may go down the next day. But the HCG also would cause false positive in the ovulation test. How long is your cycle usually? If the AF comes late, I think you may want to take an HCG test.

Well that’s a complicated one , basically I’ve completely skipped my period not had one since July 30th . Usually 32 dc , I’ve taken many tests but bfn. X