Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

When should I test?

Hello everyone! I'm new to this. I have a 2 year old daughter, who was the result of a missed pill. 2 years on and we decided to give her a sibling. In July I had the implant removed and had a period strait away. Then nothing for 54 days. So I decided to use ovulation test kits from amazon. I started LH testing about a week after my period was due and got a positive on CD20 (I tested daily and the line got its darkest on that day). I'm now 10 days post the darkest line. Should I be counting it as 9DPO? I took my first HCG test this morning and negative. What's everyone's experience with an early negative? Did you get your BFP later on down the line?

Thanks ❤️

Replies

• Mom2alexisMom2alexis Regular
    edited Sep 28, 2020 6:21PM
    Sometimes you can get early positives and sometimes late ones. I took a test 2 days before af was due and it was neg the day after af didn’t show I got a positive. It just depends. I’ve been pregnant 4 times and each time was different. Two resulted in mc.  Good luck. 
  • Thank you for your reply! Honestly don't know much. I was 12 weeks when I found out with my daughter. Until 2 days before I took the test. 
  • I would recommend waiting until 14 dpo before testing again. 
  • Timing of implantation has a lot to do with when you get your positive too. 
  • I would recommend waiting until 14 dpo before testing again.

I plan to test this Saturday. Thank you so much!