Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st cycle after Miscarriage!!

I miscarried on 15/09 at 6 weeks and was told by my friend that my cycle is expected to return to normal. For that reason I just continued relying on my FLO app for my ‘ovulation’ date. If not, then I’m out anyway cos I only DTD until the assumed ‘ovulation date. If it’s correct, I ovulated on 30/08. I slept with my husband every other day from when I stopped bleeding until my assumed ovulation day. Apparently you’re supposed to be super fertile so I thought why not!

It’s been two weeks - I’m due on tomorrow. Since the 7th of October I’ve had really sore boobs (much earlier than usual if it was for AF). Today my boobs have stopped hurting. I did an FRER and it was negative. With my last pregnancy I had a positive from 6 days before my AF! Dreading AF is coming tomorrow...what does everyone reckon? Anyone else in the 2WW after m/c?

Replies

• Options
    Sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage last month as well on the 8th. I went based off a normal cycle as well and on dtd 3 times. Two days before ovulation, day of and day after as we didn’t really expect it to happen again. (Took 5 months to get pregnant with my son after a mc) and I didn’t get a faint positive until the day after af was due which was last week. Good luck hun. 
  • Options
    @Mom2alexis hey! Sorry to hear about your loss. So you just continued as if you were having a normal cycle too? Can I ask how many weeks you were when you miscarried? Do you track ovulation? I only go by an app! My AF is due tomorrow - I really really hope it doesn’t come but just feel like I won’t be lucky enough to fall pregnant so quickly. Especially when the last pregnancy took 6 months :(
  • Options
    @TTCafterMC I was 4 weeks 5 days. And I have used opk in the past but stopped because I always ovulate on cd 14. And so I just go by my app which is set for cd 14. Now when I had my mc before my son it was at 8 weeks and did mess with the length of my cycles but ovulation was still the same. 
  • Options
    @Mom2alexis I just realised what you said before - congratulations! I got confused. So happy for you. Gives me some home but I’m feeling a bit achey today so feel like AF is coming :(
  • Options
    @TTCafterMC thank you. Today I am 4w6d so I am one day past last cycle. And your not out until af shows up. And I hope she doesn’t for you. And btw all of all of the test I did before af were negative. I didn’t get a positive until a day late and it was super faint that you could barely make it out in the picture. 
  • Options
    @Mom2alexis AF showed today :(
    better luck next time!
  • Options
    oh no I’m sorry to hear that. Lots of baby dust to you!