Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

5 weeks and second line is getting more faint

Hi everyone, period is 5 days late so took a test last night and while faint it was clearly visible. This morning I took another test and the second line is hard to see. Would be my first pregnancy and have lower stomach cramps, back ache and a dry mouth. Any advice would be welcome!

Replies

• Hi, congratulations. Cramps are normal in early pregnancy. I’d suggest maybe testing in a few days time maybe? And hopefully it’ll get darker for you but they definitely look like positives even though the latest one was faint x
  • Hello lovely, that's a dye stealer of a line which means you're very pregnant. They test line is darker than the control line! Congrats. Xx
  • This happens because your HCG levels are so high it steals all the dye from the control line for the test line. Hope that makes sense 🙂
  • I was just about to say. That strong line is your positive line as it’s so strong it’s stole dye from the control line, you’re very pregnant lol congratulations xxx
  • Oh yeah I was looking at it the wrong way round! Yes definitely a very strong positive, congrats!! X
  • Thank you all so much for the reassurance, I had myself convinced it was a chemical pregnancy x
  • u r very much pregnant!!...this happens when u r about 5_6 weeks gone already...congrats