Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Possible faint positive?

Hi ladies! I was hoping to get some insight into whether or not this might be a faint positive test? I took this picture about 8 minutes after taking the test, so it was still in the 10 minute time window (the faint second line started showing up after about 5 minutes). I’m probably going to retest in a few days, but just curious what others think! Took this test about 1 day before my expected period. 

Been trying to conceive for only a month, and just had some very light bleeding for 3 days, but it was fairly minimal compared to what my period should be, and it came about 5 days earlier than I expected it—I wasn’t sure if this was my period, or possibly implantation bleeding, so that’s why I took this test. Also been feeling nauseous lately and very tired despite getting 8 full hours of sleep at night.  

Replies

• Options
    Nothing sorry 
  • Options
    I see the line. Test again in a few days. Good luck. 
  • Options
    I see a very faint line too I think. Good luck
  • Options
    Thank y’all for your responses on this! I’m going to test again tomorrow morning and hopefully will get a more clear response! I originally took this test in the afternoon two days ago, so taking it in the morning should hopefully make the line darker if it’s a positive :smile:
  • Options
    I can see a faint line too and if it came up in the allocated time then it may well be a positive test, good luck!
  • Options
    I see it too x
  • Options

I took another test this morning..I’m thinking this test might be a little darker than the test I took three days ago, but what do y’all think? Should I go ahead and make an appointment with my OBGYN, or wait until the test gets darker? 
  • Options
    I'd wait for a bit. If you retest in a couple of days it should be much darker now as your HCG levels will increase rapidly. I had a postive test at 9dpo on 21 August and only made my referral to midwife on 6 September. They won't see you until you're at least 6 weeks pregnant anyway. Good luck !
  • Options
    Agree with @Mary58 retest in a few days. Good luck! X
  • Options

I took another test this morning..I’m thinking this test might be a little darker than the test I took three days ago, but what do y’all think? Should I go ahead and make an appointment with my OBGYN, or wait until the test gets darker? 
    Yayyyyy I def see it on this one 
  • Options
    That defo looks positive ✨  Take another test after ur af is due but ur last test & this one both look positive to me! Congratulations 🤩
  • Options
    Thank y’all so much for your replies! I went ahead and got a pregnancy blood test yesterday at the OBGYN, so I’m waiting to get the results back from them (hopefully before the weekend! 🤞) Going to take another urine test tomorrow, here’s to hoping I get the BFP :) I’ve still been feeling nauseous, now pretty much 24/7, but I’m happy for that if it means I’m pregnant haha! I’m not sure when my period would come, because this is my first month off of the pill (which I’ve been on for 15 years 😳), but based on a normal cycle my period probably would have come sometime this week. Will keep y’all posted! 
  • Options
    Good luck honey! X
  • Options
    This was the test from Saturday first thing in the morning..honestly the line is barely there, possibly lighter than even my first test I took on Monday. I’m wondering if what I thought was implantation bleeding a week ago was actually a chemical pregnancy? I read where chemical pregnancies can give a faint positive line even several weeks after it happens. I had taken a test before my bleeding that was a flat negative, then my faint positive test started showing up after very light bleeding and mild cramping that lasted 3 days. 
  • Options
    Maybe try again in a few days? I’ve never had a chem pregnancy but i feel like it would present more than just light bleeding? I can still see the line though x
  • Options
    Could be implantation
    id just wait and test