Forum homeâ€ș Getting pregnantâ€ș Trying to conceive

TTC December 2020 đŸ€žđŸ’• hoping for BFPs for Christmas

Continuation from the October thread. Hopefully many of you won’t need this thread, keeping my fingers crossed for everyone. 

Currently CD 9 ovulation predicted in 13 days but cycles are all over the place so started taking opks today just to be cautious. This is my fourth cycle ttc baby number one. Anyone in similar timing? Xx

Replies

• Most likely I won’t be on november
    but I start letrozole soon đŸ€žđŸœÂ 
  • Hey gals, i was in the july group but had a chemical, then we took a pause cause of some family things and decided to try again this month... Af is due in 6 days, but im more than sure that im out cause we were seriously too tired too bd... We only managed to like 6 days before ov and 5 days after... It was a hectic month! (Mind you, i dont temp... I just go off what i see!).. good luck to everyone!
  • Good luck to you both xx
  • Hi guys I’m new here! Has anyone experienced implantation bleeding and then got a BFP? If so did you have any other symptoms and when did you tests? Xx
  • Welcome! @Amy1234x sorry I can’t help Amy as I’ve never been pregnant. Just wanted to say welcome! Perhaps try the November thread it’ll be more active than this one and a few ladies on there are trying for their 2nd/3rd etc baby sobthey may be able to help you :) 
  • @SP28 hi thank you so much I’ll try and find it xx
  • Cd8 here and af has finally stopped! Flo says I’ll ov in 15 days but that’s assuming I have another 37 day cycle which I’m hoping I don’t. So the plan is literally just to bd every other day while he’s off work and keep an eye out for any fertile signs. Good luck everyone! X
  • Hey everyone, 
    Hope everyone is well. Decided to join this forum after 17 months of trying to conceive. I just need somewhere to go where maybe some others can understand how I'm feeling. Trying to conceive is so difficult. If anyone is here reading this has any positive words, I could really do with hearing them right now. x
  • Welcome @Ami612 I love it here so many positive and supportive women all with the same goal in mind. Whereabouts are you in your cycle? X
  • @Lh8609 Thank you for the reply. So today is my cycle day 18. I had a peak clear blue advanced on cycle day 16 and have done the deed every other day from cycle day 8. In July i had my first set of bloods and my partner had his sperm analysis, which both came back fine. We have since been referred to a fertility clinic but due to covid i'm thinking its going to take forever for our first appointment to come through. Looking at the negative pregnancy tests have taken it toll. its heart breaking. Where are you in your journey? x
  • Bless your heart i hope you get somewhere with your appointment soon hun. When is af due? I’ve just had my first period after coming off the pill, so I’m not really sure what to expect regards ov date, cycle length etc. We’re just going to bd as much as possible and hope for the best this month! If we get to January and nothings happened I’m going to invest in some opks x
  • Aww thank you. AF is due around the 28th November but I'm not looking forward to it in the slightest. We will then be having a couple months break as we are due to get married in September next year and incase some miracle happens, we don't want the due date to land on it. Aww well good luck to you guys on your journey. Exciting times ahead. x
  • oh hopefully everything settles down so you can at least have your wedding. Good luck try and stay positive I know it’s not easy đŸ€žđŸœ X
  • Lh8609 said:
    Cd8 here and af has finally stopped! Flo says I’ll ov in 15 days but that’s assuming I have another 37 day cycle which I’m hoping I don’t. So the plan is literally just to bd every other day while he’s off work and keep an eye out for any fertile signs. Good luck everyone! X
    We’re so close together! Good luck xx
  • Ami612 said:
    Aww thank you. AF is due around the 28th November but I'm not looking forward to it in the slightest. We will then be having a couple months break as we are due to get married in September next year and incase some miracle happens, we don't want the due date to land on it. Aww well good luck to you guys on your journey. Exciting times ahead. x
    My af due the 26th this is my first month off the pill 
  • Ooooooh @SP28 testing buddy. Hopefully we get Christmas bfps! X
  • littlefiglittlefig Regular
    edited Nov 15, 2020 10:14PM
    Hi everyone, I had a break from the forums for last month- hope eventing is OK.
    AF has arrived in full swing so CD1 for me, month 5 of trying for #1. It's such a tiring process, I just want to see those 2 lines more than anything. Let's hope December is our month.
  • Good luck @littlefig
  • Ami612 said:
    Hey everyone, 
    Hope everyone is well. Decided to join this forum after 17 months of trying to conceive. I just need somewhere to go where maybe some others can understand how I'm feeling. Trying to conceive is so difficult. If anyone is here reading this has any positive words, I could really do with hearing them right now. x
    Hi @Ami612, I just wanted to pop by and give you some much needed support.  I’ve been trying for more than 2 1/2 years, so I understand the cruel monthly cycle of hope and depression/devastation you’re suffering through all too well!  I eventually got given the diagnosis of ‘unexplained secondary infertility’. Basically, they couldn’t find anything the f*#k wrong with me.  My first round of IVF ended in an early miscarriage and no frozen embryos.  Devastated, and told poor egg quality was likely to blame (frustratingly there is no test for this, it was just an assumption based on my first round results).  Had we not prepaid for two rounds of IVF, I probably would’ve given up on my own eggs at this point, and moved on to donor eggs or adoption.  I read up every promising clinical study could find on improving egg quality... I followed the recommended diet and supplement plan from the book ‘It Starts with the Egg’... and against all other shittiest of statistics,(at age 43 I had a less than 3% chance of conception even with IVF!  My chances were pretty darn bleak on paper!)  After 2 miscarriages and 2 suspected chemical pregnancies... I recently got my BFP with my 2nd round of IVF.  My results have been night and day compared to my first IVF round, and I have every confidence that this pregnancy is going to go the distance.  

So don’t give up! Read up, get tested, get scans, go see consultants, get fit, clean up your diet, explore (clinically proven) supplements, make yourself a plan.  Don’t let yourself drift through month after month indefinitely, feeling powerless.  Take control back!

I had an 18mth action plan (tight timeline because of my advancing age, and ever increasing age gap between my first born and their future sibling).  I decided I would either have a baby in my arms, be pregnant, or in the process of adoption by the end of next year.  That knowledge empowered and cheered me up no end!  It also took the pressure off TTC and my 2nd IVF cycle.  Suddenly, this wasn’t my ‘last chance’ to get pregnant, it was just another step along my journey.  

Straighten your crown!  You’ve got a lot of positive things going for you.  You WILL get your heart’s desire.  Just keep trying, exploring and educating yourself!  Tonnes of baby dust to you!  <3
  • Looks like I'll be in this one too! :) CD10 today - O due this weekend at some point and AF on 5th December! Here's to Xmas BFPs for everyone! :) xx
This discussion has been closed.