Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

How's everyone feeling? - Part 3

Replies

• @sas1101 That's brilliant! and dont worry about it I tested loads after my miscarriage! I made sure I got the 3+ the  I was adamant to get a dye stealer 😂😂 must of tested everyday and used about 20 tests 🙈🙈 x
  • @sas1101 Amazing news!!! Probably you implanted a day or so late and now you have the result you so wanted to have (yesterday)!!! I cannot tell you how happy I am for you!!! <3 

Thank you! I am just about to call my mum's doctor! Wish me luck and hope for a miracle! xx

• @Remedios how did HSG go??? 

I hope everything went well with the call to your mum's doctors. Xx
  • sas1101 said:
    Hi ladies, sorry for the test spam but I just thought I'd update. I just decided to test and got this 😆

That is the most beautiful sight @sas1101!!!!  I can almost feel your excitement emanating through my phone screen, and can relate completely!!!!  I’m so, so happy for you!!!  (And thank you for your lovely, kind words too!)

That’s really interesting what you said about frosties taking a little longer to ‘wake up’ properly - it makes perfect sense! With a fresh transfer, I got a slight head start, and even felt implantation ‘pricking’ only a few hours after the transfer.  I thought I was kidding myself, it felt too soon, until I read implantation was completely possible on the same day as transfer.

I’m so excited for you, and that we get to do this journey together!  @Remedios, it’s your turn very soon!!! X
  • Hi ladies @sas1101, @KiwiMoomin & @Katie2202xx

Thanks for thinking of me. Well, phone call was not great with the doctor. It is likely that my mum won't be able to walk again. I am not giving up on her. I will try my best to assist and help, everything I can do, I will! Awful news, but things still can change.

HSG...You won't believe this! 
    I have read my letter carefully. It says you are allowed to have sex as long as it is protected. Yes, we did, yes, it was.
    Nurse comes in into the changing room and starts on the questions. We got to do the sex bit. You know that we cannot do the test then? WTF? was my first thought (I never swear by the way). There is a chance that you can be pregnant, she says. I am 100% sure I am not! Well, these are the rules. No, in the letter it says. Oh, but they said something on the phone! Did they?! She says: we can rebook it... Then I burst out, I could not stop crying! I said about travelling to see my ill mother, I cannot rebook this. I could have travelled before, but she did not want me to cancel it. The nurse was hugging me and holding me in the end. I was in pieces. How embarrassing! 
    The lovely nurse talked to the radiologist and because it is cycle day 7/8 they can do it- she said, but do I understand that I would miscarry if I were pregnant. Yes, I do, I am not. The radiologist kept repeating that I have been told on the phone. I don't think so. Honestly, I cannot recall that I heard "no sex this month, before procedure". Why do they send a letter out with different info?! Anyway...

HSG is done! All clear, nothing was blocked. Lovely symmetrical fallopian tubes. Back to praying for miracles! <3 

How are you all doing? What is next? xx
  • sas1101sas1101 Regular
    edited Nov 17, 2020 9:52PM
    @Remedios I just want to reach into my phone and give you a big hug. Bless you, what an eventful day you've had. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum 😔 you are such a lovely daughter and it sounds like you are both extremely lucky to have each other. You are so strong, I have such admiration for you right now ❤️

I'm glad to hear everything was ok with your HSG despite the difficult start. Don't be embarrassed at all you've been through so much and on your mum's request attended the appointment today. It's seems that there can be some disparity between health care professionals and communication at times. I'm sorry it wasnt a good experience for you, I'm glad you had the lovely nurse to look after you and get it sorted with radiologist. We're a good bunch us nurses 😉 Hurray for your beautiful clear symmetrical fallopian tubes. It's the next step in your journey. As @KiwiMoomin has said it's your turn very soon 😘

I hope you are managing to get some much needed rest before you leave on Friday. Rest up lovely lady, feet up and get that hubby to give you some much needed TLC. Xxx
  • @KiwiMoomin thank you. I want planning on testing but decided to test on SMU and was so happy to see these numbers. I have definitely had some weird things happen today. My right nipple has felt like someone has been looking it with a hot rod all day. It's been annoying more than anything. I find it bizarre that it's just he right nipple 😆

I'm also happy to get to share this experience with you 😊 xx
  • Thank you for you lovely message @sas1101! <3

The nurse saved the day! I was thinking of you and have come up with the same conclusion: nurses are amazing! Just so human, unselfish, caring wonders! The way she said that "Who cares about Corona, you need a hug darling!" <3 

Oh boy the cramps last night! Wow! I couldn't really sleep, but I am OK at the moment, might flop later. :) I asked the radiologist, if we can try this month. The reply was "Yes, just make sure that you leave the hospital's car park" :D At least this experience ended on a lighter note. 

I am travelling next Friday, the 27th, so I will have enough time to pack, rest, spend quality time with my husband and the dogs! Gosh, how much I will miss them! But I will be busy in Hungary, for sure? 

Ouch! This nipple business sounds painful! Don't question why the right one only, be grateful that you don't have the same pain in your left one! ;) 
    Symptoms are good, right? Although they are uncomfortable, but you have been through so much, what is a burning nipple between friends?! 

Are you back to work or have you taken some more days off?
    What did your husband say? When are you going tell your mum the great news? xx
  • @Remedios that nurse was 100% right you needed that big in that moment. Ouch how are the cramps doing today? Haha I love that the radiologists cheeky comment. Hahah get bd'ing this month, they say you're more fertile after this procedure. 

Aww ill imagine they'll miss you too. Please take it easy up until then. The last thing you need is to burn out. Let your hubby look after you 😉

Haha I never thought that it could have been both nipples 😂 However, that little man poking my nipple went away after one day so all good. As far as symptoms go I'm pretty much feeling good. I woke this morning to some mild nausea but that could be anything. I had a horrendous bday at work yesterday. Was working with a poorly child so didn't stop all day, no break, lunch or time to drink! Lots of heavy lifting. I came home and cried my eyes out 😭 I'm going to speak to my manager about lighter duties until I can get to my first scan. Fingers crossed sshes on board with it 😬

My husband is really happy but thinks I should sit back and enjoy and stop stressing about symptoms. Oh to be in a man's mind 🤣 he keeps on giving me little cuddles. 

If all goes well with scan we plan on telling the family at Xmas as ill around 10 weeks then. Im spending Xmas (Covid permitting) at my brother's with my sister in law, Brice's, sister and my mum and dad. It's the first time we've all been together on Xmas day for over 15 years.(My parents for divorced 25 years ago and are now on better terms) so it will be lovely to surprise them all then 🤞🏻 xx
  • @KiwiMoomin I hope everything is good your end. Xx
  • Dearest @sas1101 Looking back on the HSG (although it was eventful) it has been done. Now, I really need to include that lovely nurse in my little prayers. ;) 
    You are right, the first 3 months after HSG are crucial. Our chances are increased! I am going to check BBT and use OPK this month. I better start temping as I am on CD 9 or 10 (First day (10th of Nov) was more than spotting, but not full flow, so very light period. What do you think which is day one then? Sorry! TMI!)

You are right, nice walks and quality time with my husband and dogs. 

I tried a jog yesterday. Oh the cramps! I was running on grass/filed kind of surface, not on concrete, but still!
    I had some more of my homemade kefir (from kefir grains), which is probiotic and should help with antibiotic's side effects. I found that so many people complaint about these tablets. Today, I am fine! 

I am glad that the symptoms have settled. They might come back, but I think it is part of it. Heavy lifting is not good at all and stress! Please, look after yourself and the Tiger(s)! Don't do anything, you would regret later! I am sure your manager will be OK with it. She must! It is vulnerable time for you. You really need to be extra careful, but you know that! ;) 

I love the sound of the little cuddles from your husband! <3 Ah! How cute! I am sure that he is over the moon too. This is his way of showing it! 

The perfect Christmas!!! <3 It made me very emotional when I was reading about your family being together after such a long time. My parents divorced when I was 2, the feeling is familiar... They were OK for a long time afterwards, but then things went wrong on our wedding day... 
    Anyway! Christmas will be the perfect occasion to announce the wonderful news! Times like that, I wish I could be a little fly on the wall! 
    How are you going to announce it that next Christmas they will need to have high chairs in the room? ;) 
    How exciting!!! xx
  • @Remedios definitely put your all into TTC this month. Use the OPKs and temp and get bd'ing! Try to do it every other day and then again when you get your positive opk. Does your hubby know what he's in for this month 😜 

For me I always count CD1 when I see red blood regardless of flow strength. My spotting is always pink/brown before AF. Hope that helps. 

Nice walks and quality time with hubby sounds like a perfect way to unwind and relax ❤️ you are a machine going running after your HSG! That's some going girl! Even if you didn't manage much I admire that determination!  

I said symptoms have subsided but tonight I have started to feel rather queasy 🤢 I had no appetite for my dinner but managed to get through it. However, the thought of sweet stuff is making me feel odd, didn't even fancy a bit of chocolate post dinner 😂 I'm hoping that doesn't stick around! 🙈

I have spoken to my manager today to explain the situation and she's going to make sure I'm not doing any heaving lifting/moving and handling. I'm happy to still get out there and work but I can't have a day like yesterday. I honestly have been so upset that I had to take a test today because I thought I'd done something. Well it seems everything is ok as I actually got my dye stealer. My test line was darker than the control line! So I'd say things are progressing well. 

Yes it will be so lovely if we can have some normality at Xmas. Sorry if typed that we haven't all been together for 15 years, I meant to type 25 years. Ohhh i haven't thought about how I will announce it, any ideas? I'll see if there any Xmas ideas online. Xx

• Bless you @sas1101! Yes, we are on the case! I did my first OPK this morning. Negative, no surprise there, just in case I started testing early. 
    Does my hubby know? :D He does now! ;) It was so funny; he said to me this morning; "Darling, I think I took my vitamins twice yesterday." :D Great! 1st BD is done! ;) 

Thank you for your help with CD and spotting vs light period. Let's put the 10th down as CD1. It doesn't matter if I am wrong as I chart and OPK anyway. 

Crazy, right? I can be like that. I bet the run has actually eased the pain, better circulation etc.

Uh! No chocolate?! You are definitely pregnant! ;) Anything new this afternoon? Any cravings? 

I am so glad that you had a word with your manager! You really need to be careful! 
    Yeah!!! Dye stealer! Excellent news! I know how much you wanted to achieve this stage. I would say celebrate with chocolate or wine, but one is not allowed & the other the Tiger(s) are not so keen on! :disappointed:

Wow! 25 years! Long time! It will be so special. Ideas, hm...? I am not a fan of the baby clothes ideas, but it depends how you present it, I guess. This would be a nice little project for you to work on. You could draw a family picture or baby ones. I need to think about it. Whatever you do, it will be lovely and unforgettable! <3

Are you going to have an appointment with the clinic? What is the next step? xx
  • @sas1101 yay for the dye stealer!! I'm so bloody happy for you! not going to lie it's going to be tough if your anything like I was with anxiety! try to stay calm and enjoy while been pregnant that's what I told myself :) x

@Remedios fingers crossed for this cycle!! try eating pineapple I did it apparently helps with implantation 😊 x
  • @Katie2202xx Thank you! ;) I put pineapple on the shopping list! :) xx
  • @Remedios Aww good 😁😁 x
  • @Remedios haha love that you've already got a bd in the bag 😜 you'll know when ovulation is coming around and you're temping so you're definitely on it 🤞🏻

I've had such a busy week at work and I actually thought yay it's the weekend but I'm doing a night shift tomorrow 🙈 good excuse to stay in my PJs and snooze the afternoon away 😂 I'm definitely off my food in the evening, in the morning I can't get enough of it but come dinner time and 🤢 I hope this doesn't be one a thing 🙈 although I shouldn't complain if take any symptom if it gave me my baby. 

I had a call from the clinic today for nurse support session which I thought was lovely. I definitely am having bouts of anxiety but trying my best to work through them. 

My lovely, I will have all my toes, fingers, ears, legs (no sex in this house atm 😂) arms crossed form you this cycle 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

@Katie2202xx thank you lovely, I had one more free left and took it tonight when I got in and my dye stealer is even better. I pray this continues. I think done well with the testing but I'm going to put them away now and wait until next week and fingers crossed I get my 3+ on digital. 

Hope things are good your end. Not long now. How are you feeling? Xx

@KiwiMoomin I hope everything is ok, I've been thinking about you. Xx
  • @sas1101 Cramps are gone, so I thought quick, BD! :) 
    OPK today was much darker than yesterday. There is a possibility that it will be positive tomorrow! 

I hope you had a lovely PJ day and tonight's shift is not too bad! 
    It is healthier anyway eating a bigger breakfast and small meal in the evening. ;) Exactly! All the injections and tests you had to go through... You can adjust to your new eating habits! ;) 

How lovely re nurse support session! <3 
    When are you testing next week? When is the first scan?
    Do you know your due date?

Thank you so much for keeping everything crossed for me! (I chuckled "No sex in this house atm" :D ). I will make sure that there will be plenty in ours! :D 

My mum will be transferred from the hospital to a rehabilitation centre next week. Thankfully the one in town has been re-opened! She will get more physio there, but no galvanic therapy. I might just buy a e-stim machine myself and if visitors are allowed, do the treatment on her daily.

I need to buy presents next... Can you believe that nurses and doctors do more for the patients if they receive something. It could be money, drink, chocolate etc. Probably it is not only their fault, could be the system. It is better if get some British goodies and spoil them, and then maybe they will take better care of my mother!
    xx
  • @sas1101 Positive OPK this morning! I better wake my husband up! :D 
    How was the night shift? xx
  • Morning @Remedios night shift went well. I started to feel yukky about 5am and the hunger was another level. Kept snacking throughout the night but felt sickly hungry when I got in that I made myself a big chicken, cheese and mayo wrap before I slept 🙈 I've found if I don't eat regularly then I will start to feel sick. 

I did a CB Digi now after sleeping for 3.5 hours and it's still saying 2-3 weeks. I'm not concerned as its not been a week yet since I first got my 2-3 and I've read that they are  unreliable getting to the 3+. I'll wait until Wednesday and do another one. My first responses were progressing lovely this week so that's made me feel better. It's an expensive game all this testing 🤪 

My EDD is 24th July ❤️ so a summer baby ☀️

Yay for a positive OPK! Get bd'ing for the next three days (if you can manage it!) Hahah I love that you loved the legs crossed comment. I've been given the all clear to have sex but my hubby doesn't want to do that just yet, which is good as I wasn't  near me just yet 🤣

That's good new about your mum getting into the rehab centre. Can you show then how to use the equipment and give them an extra gift? I was amazed that the better the gift the more the doctors and nurses would do. It's completely alien to me as my motivation to care is not based on money or gifts 🤷🏼‍♀️ but if that's what you've got to do then do it girl. Your mum deserves the best. British goodies sounds like a good plan 👌🏼

What are your plans today? I'm currently in bed with a cuppa watching As good as it gets on Netflix. I managed to sleep for 3.5 hours when I got in. It just means I'll sleep better tonight ready for a day shift tomorrow. Plus it's an excuse for another PJ day 😊 xx