Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How's everyone feeling? - Part 3

Replies

• @KiwiMoomin have been thinking about you. Hope the scan went well. Xx
  • @Remedios I hope things are going ok in Hungary with you mum 😘 xx
  • @sas1101 I am sorry that I have gone quiet. It is very difficult being here, in my mum's flat...
    She has pneumonia and her roommate had Covid. Yesterday, I found out that her PCR test was positive as well. I am in pieces. In quarantine, couldn't speak to her. Her temperature is not high, does not need ventilation, gets some oxygen if/when she needed, corresponded with the doctor... I am awfully worried: cannot sleep or eat properly, but hopeful! 

How are you? New symptoms? I was thinking about you a lot, as the nurses are so overworked here, especially in the Covid department.  I felt so sorry for them. I really want to become a volunteer and help, would be better than just sitting here on my on own bored and worried sick. I know that I don't have the right qualifications, but I don't think that everybody who helped in the 1st and 2nd WW were medically trained either! 

Anyway...
    I hope you have doing well, looking after yourself and the Tiger(s)!!! <3 xx 
  • @Katie2202xx I love your scan! <3 Amazing picture!!! How are you feeling? When do you start Maternity?
    xx
  • sas1101sas1101 Regular
    edited Nov 28, 2020 8:07PM
    @Remedios I'm so sorry to read what you're going through 💔 it no wonder that your not eating/sleeping. It's a good sign that she hasn't got any temperatures or needing a ventilator. My friends grandmother got Covid at 99 years old and survived it. I know it's probably not a reassuring bstory so much but I wanted to let you know that there are many people fighting it well. Big big hugs. Please try to eat a little, even if it's just small and often. How long are you in Hungary for? 

That's so sweet that you want to volunteer, would it be something you would do over in Hungary? This Covid business is just awful. 

I'm good thanks, symptoms have eased quite a lot in the last 3/4 days and I suddenly feel quite normal. I'm worried sick that something has happened 😩 I'm gearing myself up for a bad outcome at my scan next week. I'll try and drag myself out of this hole though. My hubby has been lovely trying to cheer me up ❤️ xx
  • Thanks @sas1101! Your message meant a lot! It is reassuring! Wow what a strong lady! Everybody tells me that my mum is strong, determined and will come out of this! I need to hope for the best! 
    I managed to snooze in the afternoon, had a bit of porridge and fruit, and for dinner I had smoked salmon and eggs (just in case, implantation should happen ;) ).

I would love to do it here, in Hungary. At least I could see my mum! I did not realise that the Covid ward is so bad!!! 4 nurses for 50 patients! I guess it is similar in the UK, so I would be more than happy to do it there, once I am back. People clearly need help everywhere in the world!

Oh poor you! Symptoms come and go, right? Maybe, you have just got used to them and now you know how to cope with them better.
    I hope everything will be OK next week! What is your scan date? How sweet that your husband has been trying to cheer you up! Have you done another test recently? I keep everything crossed for you (my husband stayed in the UK, so I can say what you said to me- "no sex in this house" :D ) and keep saying those little prayers! 

Try to stay positive and patient! I know how difficult it is when you cannot control the situation. It is still a waiting game. I really want you to enjoy your pregnancy!!! You so deserve this! <3 xx

• Morning @Remedios so glad to hear you've had some health food and some rest. Keep it up lovely, you need your strength for your mum and if implantation is to happen 😉

That's a wonderful idea about volunteering here and u knownsine hospitals take on volunteers to run ooods to the lab etc. Anything it helpful at the moment. That's such a lovely way to give back ❤️

I'm feeling much better this morning, had a strange down day yesterday. I really opened up to my hubby about how I was feeling and he was a sweetheart. Said right get dressed were going shopping for a Xmas tree. It did the trick, we also had a marks and Spencer meall deal whilst taking a stroll 😂 

So I have something that's probably tmi but may cheer you up. Since being pregnant I have been having some rather sexy dreams. They're happening almost every other night. I don't know if it's the hormones or that I've not DTD for a long time but something is happening. Well last night I actually had an orgasm in my dream 🙄 and woke up to intense cramping afterwards. I've looked online and I believe it's all normal and harmless. Seems some pregnant women turn in to school boys having wet dreams 😂 Of course I told my hubby and he thought it was very funny and then told me I was a 'naughty girl' ☺️🙄🙈😉 sorry it's probably way too much tmi but I thought it too good not to share! Xx
  • @sas1101 Thanks! You are right, I need good & healthy food. I did not managed my porridge with quince this morning. :( I had a big cup of ginger tea though. Maybe I will hungry later.

It was a light bulb moment when the lovely male nurse said how fed up and overworked they are... It came out so naturally that I am going to volunteer! It would be a brilliant way to give back for sure! 

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! Bless him! How sweet! What a wonderful idea. <3 It sounds like you both had a great time! Did you choose a nice tree? 

Gosh! You are a "naughty girl" indeed! How funny! :D The hormones could cause this and/or lack of DTD. Probably the combination of the two. I am not sure, but it cheered me up that is for sure! ;) 
    For how long are you planning to stay away from sex? This is a very TMI question, sorry! 
    Enjoy your Sunday! xx
  • @Remedios try to eat little and often if you're struggling with big meals. As soon as you feel that pang of hunger get something into you before it fades. 

When can you see you mum? Have you been able to speak with her? 

Hahah I'd have sex after my 7 week scan if everything is ok but my oh is wanting to wait a little longer 🙈 he said better to be safer than sorry. 

Hope your Sunday is going as well as possible. I'm trying to convince the oh to let me out up out new Xmas tree today. He's very traditional so wants to wait a little longer. Mmmm we shall see how it goes 🤣 xx
  • @sas1101 Good idea! Thanks for the advice! I managed to finish my breakfast in 3-4 goes...:) 

I need to be careful what I wish for: Strictly, no visitors in the Covid ward, unless you need to say good-bye... Once she is out from this ward (she has to produce a negative test on Monday the 7th - 10 days after the first positive), with the chief doctor's permission, I will be allowed to visit her. I just want to sleep until that date! I would love to call the ward again, but I don't want the nurses to be stressed... so hard! Should I, shouldn't I? 

Ah! He is so sensible! Well, you wanted sex yesterday! :) Probably it would be safe to have sex, but I understand that both of you want to be careful. 

Today is the first Advent (my religion is Roman Catholic, not practising, but know the traditions), would be an appropriate time. Although in Hungary, we put the tree up on the 24th of December. 
    I am curious to find out how it goes! ;) 

When is your scan? How many weeks are you now?
    I am pretty sure that I am 5dpo today. xx 
  • @Remedios aww hun I'm so sorry for everything your going through :( it sounds such an emotional rollercoaster :( I really hope things get better for you and your mum! and I send you lots of love xx
  • Bless your heart @Katie2202xx! Thank you for this lovely and supportive message!!! <3
    I am not going to lie; this is the hardest time in my life... Thank you! 

How are you feeling? Your due date is approaching quickly! xx
  • @Remedios I can imagine it is hun :( but your a strong women and you and your mum can get through this! ❤ I'm good thank you it was my last shift at work last night! I cried 😂🙈 xx
  • @Katie2202xx I hope she is strong enough to get through this! <3
    Ah! Bless you! Was it emotional? I hope you had a nice send off! I am sure that your colleagues will miss you, but you need to focus on your family now! xx
  • @Remedios well I send all my prayers for you and your family! you know we are all here for you 😊 and yes! I'm ready to be off work now it was getting really tiring working till 12am then not getting to sleep till like 2am then up at 6am for school run 🙈 xx
  • Poor you @Katie2202xx! You are a hero! How did you manage it with a reasonably size of bump! Wow! Well done you! You deserve some rest now! Feet up! 
    Thank you my lovely for the prayers!!! I know! This is an amazing support group! xx
  • @Katie2202xx, @sas1101, @KiwiMoomin
    Just a quick update:

This afternoon, I manage to speak to a doctor. My mum does not have temperature, can breath on her own, but her infection level has slightly increased. She is now on a bigger dose of medication. The doctor kindly made my mum's phone work and called me from her phone and then passed it to her. Wow! How kind!

Finally, after 4 days not be able to speak to her, we had a nice chat. She said when someone asks her how she is doing, she says "I am positive" (as referring to her Covid test). :D She kept her sense of humour. Good sign! 
    First Advent, which is HOPE! I am hopeful. My appetite has come back as well. ;) 
    But this is today... who knows what tomorrow brings?! 
    I told her that her grandchildren will need their Grandma!!! <3

I hope you are all well and have been enjoying the last bit of your weekend! xx

• @Remedios that's absolutely brilliant and what an amazing strong lady she sounds. Love her little jokes, she is an absolute doll 💕 I bet it felt really nice being able to speak to her. 

Have you managed to eat anymore?  I hope you are feeling ok out there. Have you spoken to your hubby much? 

6dpo! That's gone over quickly. How are you feeling? Fingers crossed this is your lucky month 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Thank you for always checking in on me despite what you have going on, it really means a lot. I'm 6+2 today and having a few episodes of nausea but I thinkt hats related to hunger as I'm hungry all the time! I wake in the middle of the night with my belly rumbling. I'm going to out on so much weight 🤣🙈 my scan in a week today! I'm going to call and see if my oh can come in with me but I don't think he can 😭 xx
  • @Katie2202xx yay for maternity leave, aww did you get anything nice from your colleagues? I love my work colleagues, we are like a little family so I understand why it would be emotional. When is your next scan? How are you feeling? Xx
  • I'm worried about @KiwiMoomin 😔 have been thinking about her a lot. I hope everything is ok. 

@KiwiMoomin we are here when you are ready. Xxx