Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How's everyone feeling? - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    Remedios said:
    @KiwiMoomin
    What a wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you! I wish I could have twins! ;) 
    That is my aim, I don't know about my husband though. :) 

Gorgeous scan pictures!!! <3 I am incredibly happy for you! 

Also great news that the "smelly stuff" has been sorted out as well! ;)

With two, your hands will be full, but I am sure that you will love every minute of it. I know it is not the same, but I used to be sole charge full time (6am-7pm) nanny for twins. Hard work in one way, but rewarding at the same time. I had actually 2 jobs like that. First set of twins were 4 when I started to look after them and the others were a bit under 1 year. Both times a boy and a girl! I loved it! 

All the best for you with your health and counting the days until your next scan!

Thank you for your support and thoughts. I try to stay positive and sort the practical things out too! 

What did your husband say? Have you told the news to your daughter? What did she say?
    What a lovely Christmas you will all have! <3
    xx
    @Remedios thank you so much for  all your kind and supportive words!  It sounds like I shall be coming to you for plenty of advice on how to juggle two babies at once!  My OH said he just ‘knew’ we would end up with twins, so he is actually remarkably calm about it all.  And, while I thought twins were totally out of our reach (even with IVF), I didn’t dare to even dream of them, I am absolutely over the moon to be given this special double gift.  I don’t deserve it... but I’ll definitely grasp it with both hands and hold on fiercely!  

We haven’t told my daughter yet.  We’re waiting until after my 12week scan.  If it is good news, we hope to be able to tell her on Christmas Eve, and then she can tell her Nana and Grandpa on Christmas Day!

Im so sorry to read about your ongoing struggles to even just see your mum, and the constant fear Covid hangs over everything.  As if you didn’t have enough to deal with!  And then, of course, TTC throws it’s hat in the ring every month!  I know it’s easier said than done, but please don’t think about the 3 month window after your scan as being wasted.  The important thing to remember is that your tubes were and ARE clear and healthy.  That’s fantastic news.  And for now you are exactly where you need to be, prioritising your mum’s recovery, when she needs you the most.  TTC will be there waiting for you when the time is right.  You are another earthbound angel who deserves so much better! X
  • Options

Hi, lovelies! How are you all doing? First of all, my most sincere apologies for being absent these two last months, but I was a bit stressed with work and University, and I couldn't cope with everything.

Now I'm trying to focus on fixing and finishing pending things, and I'm so relieved. For example, after many months trying to sort out the technical issues on the website of the magazine and publishing company, I got to figure out how to fix the mistakes, and I am on it.

The score was on 97 this morning!! I can't believe that only 3 months ago I wanted to throw the computer through the window.

Needless to say, no bfp for me lately, but I'm trying to use a pre-seed lube gel, and so far it's working. I am not sure if I will get a positive test this month, but it feels a lot better now.

And now I will respond to you all!!! Hang on there to read to you all!!

• Options
    @sas1101Hi! I love the picture so your furbabies that you posted a while ago, they seemed to be so cosy! As I was writing this message on a notebook because I wanted to read everything before responding to the messages you ladies posted, I was thrilled about your results, and I just wanted to say congratulations for your positive pregnancy test, but when I saw the later message about the fact that there was no baby... I was so angry because it's just not fair that you have to go through that after everything that happened. 2020 is definitely not our here hun I wish I could give you a huge hug!!!
  • Options
    @RemediosHi! How are the tests going for you and your hubby? How did the harvesting session? Because £200 is not bad at all!! I'm so proud of you!!

How are you guys doing with the restrictions, by the way? Are you planning to prepare any family gathering for your hubby's family for Christmas?

How is your mum? I'm so sorry that your mum had a stroke back in November, I really hope that she will be fine and able to walk again.

Please don't apologize for sharing the things with us, as that's what we are here for to support each other.

How did the trip to Hungary go in the end? I bet that you couldn't wait to give your mum hug!! You two ladies are so strong, and I am sure that you can cope with everything.

• Options
    @Katie2202xxHello, hello! How are you, lovely?

I loved seeing the scan and the bump pictures that you shared with us!! They look so nice!! And the baby will be here sooner than you think! Are you excited? Have you chosen any names yet?

• Options
    @KiwiMoominMoikka! I'm sorry that you had an early loss a while ago :( By the way, I wanted to welcome you to the group. It's like 2 months late, but you know, welcome! I was sooooo happy to see your bfp result, and all I can say is that you got this, mama! And TWINS! That's brilliant, maybe that's fine that good things had to happen after all!!
  • Options
    Hi all

@VeronicaMA so lovely to hear from you. Sounds like you've been very busy! Sometimes we've got to look after ourselves and the TTC game had to take a back burner. Good news about your website. 

Have fun with the preseed 😉 I've tried it and still do use it every now and again. Xx

• Options
    @Remedios how are you lovely? How is your mum? Have you been reunited? Will you be home for Xmas. I hope you are ok. Sorry I've not been on here checking in. I needed some time to get my head around thing. Much love ❤️ xx
  • Options
    @Katie2202xx how are you lovely? Not long at all for you now. I hope you are enjoying maternity and looking forward to Xmas before the little one arrives. Xx
  • Options
    @KiwiMoomin thank you for your beautiful post and words. It means a lot. I will get there, it's just another story to add to the battle and one I can tell our child when they are older. I've been so consumed with the infertility black hole this week, I've tried to stay busy but sometimes the thoughts are too consuming. However, I am looking forward to starting the new year and getting fit and healthy. I'm going to start up my gym membership again and focus on that. I've always been quite the gym bunny all my life. Everyone who knows me knows how much I love my fitness bit I feel infertility has robbed me off that over the last few years so I'm taking charge and getting back to what I love and to say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement! 

How are you doing? Any plans on how to tell the family? Will you have another scan before Xmas. Xx
  • Options
    sas1101sas1101 Regular
    edited Dec 16, 2020 8:02AM
    As for me, I've not been able to move on as quickly as I would have liked. I went for my scan on Monday and unfortunately the nurse could see a tiny yolk sac but as the report from the nurse who did my scan last week was so vague 😡 she couldn't confirm whether it was there last week or if it's a new development. Her gut is telling her it was missed last week. So because there's is a difference in the scans I need to have one more scan before she can make a diagnosis, this is NICE guidelines. It means another week wait and another week closer to Xmas and the high possibility that I'll be miscarrying into Xmas 😭 she has said that I'll need either medical or surgical management but they are discouraging surgical due to Covid. I may just cry and tell her how much this is effecting my mental health and hope to god they let me have the surgical option before Xmas. The medical (pessary) sounds awful and will most certainly take me into Xmas day.

I'm so upset with the nurse who did my initial scan last week, not only did she repeatedly call me by the wrong name, she lacked compassion, couldn't answer my questions, gave a vague report to the EPU nurse scanning me yesterday and has cost me another week of waiting which means I will be facing miscarring on Xmas day. Fortunately, the nurse I saw on Monday was lovely and answered all my questions. 

I'm so sorry to rant, im just so upset at this whole process and know I can come on here to vent. Xx
  • Options
    Hi lovelies, I’m sorry I’ve been so absent - it is just a crazy time of year.  I also just feel so sad @sas1101.  I just can’t stand the thought of what you’re having to go through right now... it is so unfair and so familiar to what happened to me.  Even down to the hellwitch bitch who did my scan to confirm miscarriage.  She had zero compassion, and I swear she was even ENJOYING telling me my uterus was empty!  Ug.  The memory still makes me shudder.  I know things feel so bleak right now, but I know you’ll pick yourself back up when you are ready.  I felt so hopeless before my last IVF round... but it really is darkest before the dawn.  You WILL get there, and you won’t believe how happy you can be again!  You’re in my thoughts a lot.  Big hugs!  @Remedios I hope you and your mum have managed to see each other and you are both doing better?  I’d better dash, still so much to do before the big day!!!  I’ll catch up properly very soon, as I know I’ve missed out a lot!!! (And all is ok with me and the beans!!) X
  • Options
    And @sas1101 DEFINITELY insist on the sort of treatment YOU want.  Stand firm.  You have the total right to decide this, and Covid can just go to hell!!! X
  • Options
    Thank you @KiwiMoomin your words mean so much. I will get there. 

I had my D and C yesterday and it was quite an eventful day. I started hemorrhaging on the unit before the op and was in quite a bit of pain. I had to be hooked up to a drip and monitored as I was losing too much blood/clots 🙄 I had lots of scans and internals but my body was refusing to pass the sac so still had the surgery. They were going to keep me in overnight as my blood levels were pretty low but I begged them to let me go home. The kind doctor agreed to discharge me with the understanding that I would come back if I felt poorly. I've been given a high dose 28 day course of iron and have a follow-up in 3 weeks. I can't fault the unit I was on or the staff I was well looked after. The only thing is my husband couldn't be with me. I called him up crying and he was going out of his mind!!!!! Bless him. 

I've woken up today and already feel a million yime better physically if not a little tired. I can finally start to heal and move forward ready for the new year. 

I hope you are doing well and set for Xmas. I hope little beans are good. Wishing you nothing but hugs and kisses lovely lady ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    Hey girls sorry not been on been busy with christmas etc... I'm still pregnant 🙈 39+1 weeks I'm getting so close now I really cant believe it's like 5 days tomorrow till my due date! not signs of labour though so I'm sure I'll go over! 
    Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!! 

• Options
    sas1101 said:
    As for me, I've not been able to move on as quickly as I would have liked. I went for my scan on Monday and unfortunately the nurse could see a tiny yolk sac but as the report from the nurse who did my scan last week was so vague 😡 she couldn't confirm whether it was there last week or if it's a new development. Her gut is telling her it was missed last week. So because there's is a difference in the scans I need to have one more scan before she can make a diagnosis, this is NICE guidelines. It means another week wait and another week closer to Xmas and the high possibility that I'll be miscarrying into Xmas 😭 she has said that I'll need either medical or surgical management but they are discouraging surgical due to Covid. I may just cry and tell her how much this is effecting my mental health and hope to god they let me have the surgical option before Xmas. The medical (pessary) sounds awful and will most certainly take me into Xmas day.

I'm so upset with the nurse who did my initial scan last week, not only did she repeatedly call me by the wrong name, she lacked compassion, couldn't answer my questions, gave a vague report to the EPU nurse scanning me yesterday and has cost me another week of waiting which means I will be facing miscarring on Xmas day. Fortunately, the nurse I saw on Monday was lovely and answered all my questions. 

I'm so sorry to rant, im just so upset at this whole process and know I can come on here to vent. Xx
    Hi hun!! 

I am so sorry to hear so :( How are you feeling?
    Have you thought of raising a complaint to the hospital?

The medical staff is there to help, and definitely not to make patients feel even worse, especially in cases like yours!

Did the second nurse suggest what to do?
  • Options
    And @sas1101 DEFINITELY insist on the sort of treatment YOU want.  Stand firm.  You have the total right to decide this, and Covid can just go to hell!!! X
    Could not agree more! Well said, sis!
  • Options
    Hey girls sorry not been on been busy with christmas etc... I'm still pregnant 🙈 39+1 weeks I'm getting so close now I really cant believe it's like 5 days tomorrow till my due date! not signs of labour though so I'm sure I'll go over! 
    Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!! 

Hi sis!

Wow! It's about to happen!!!

You look lovely in that picture, btw!
  • Options

I am in the *impatiently waiting* part of the month, and I’m freaking out because the bbt decreased to 36.27 this morning and saw some pink spotting. I checked other charts and only 27% of the charts that are similar to mine led to pregnancy 🤰.
    Apart from that, back to work! Guess that that’s the only thing I’m good at!
  • Options
    @Katie2202xx I am so sorry that I have gone quiet!!!
    How are you? Gorgeous picture of you! 
    I am sure that you have had your baby by now! I was thinking of you a lot! I hope everything is OK! I would love to see your baby photos!!! <3
    Happy 2021!
    xx