Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnancy test, faint lines

I’m new here but looking for any advice or reassurance from others that have experienced the same. 

So I track my periods through an app, I’m definitely not regular, I’ve missed a fair few due to stress but recently I’ve been having one every month and my cycle has been near enough the same kind of length. My app currently says I’m 4 days late. Me and my partner have been actively trying for a baby so I’ve taken a few pregnancy tests. The good old early detection ones etc, every clear blue I have taken has had a faint line (I’m aware this could be an evap line but every one I’ve taken has had this line), I did a digital one this afternoon which said ‘not pregnant’ I consulted google 🙈🙈 and found some advise about taking the test apart, so I did this and there was another faint line! A bit darker than the normal midstream test, I’ll attach a picture of the normal test and the inside of the digital (the faint line is more visable in person) My app says I’m about 3 weeks after ovulation, again I know this might not be accurate due to irregular cycles but surely by now the lines should be a bit more visable or at least the digital ones would be registering. I’ve had lots of symptoms but I know this could also be PMS. 
Sorry for the essay, I just keep getting my hopes up when I see the faint line but I also don’t want to be disappointed 😞 x

Replies

• Lou0573 said:
    I’m new here but looking for any advice or reassurance from others that have experienced the same. 

So I track my periods through an app, I’m definitely not regular, I’ve missed a fair few due to stress but recently I’ve been having one every month and my cycle has been near enough the same kind of length. My app currently says I’m 4 days late. Me and my partner have been actively trying for a baby so I’ve taken a few pregnancy tests. The good old early detection ones etc, every clear blue I have taken has had a faint line (I’m aware this could be an evap line but every one I’ve taken has had this line), I did a digital one this afternoon which said ‘not pregnant’ I consulted google 🙈🙈 and found some advise about taking the test apart, so I did this and there was another faint line! A bit darker than the normal midstream test, I’ll attach a picture of the normal test and the inside of the digital (the faint line is more visable in person) My app says I’m about 3 weeks after ovulation, again I know this might not be accurate due to irregular cycles but surely by now the lines should be a bit more visable or at least the digital ones would be registering. I’ve had lots of symptoms but I know this could also be PMS. 
    Sorry for the essay, I just keep getting my hopes up when I see the faint line but I also don’t want to be disappointed 😞 x

The second pic def a line
    but it could be indent
    just wait and retest
  • Fingers crossed get a first response test clear blue are not always reliable especially early on good luck