Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Show me your 15dpo BFPs!

I just got my BFP at 15dpo and it’s really dark! Now I’m worried about twins 🤣 show me your 15dpo BFPs (or close to that) so I can feel a little better 

Replies

• Options

This was my 15dpo test back in june and i’m having twins. The only symptom i had was a really strong sense of smell, sickness kicked in at 6weeks so i dont think a strong looking test necessarily means twins X
  • Options
    @Gamble5 thanks for sharing! This makes me feel better. Idk why I am so anxious about twins 🤷‍♀️ How are you feeling? Have you had a singleton pregnancy before? If so, does this one feel different?
  • Options
    @KristinO1987! Early hCG levels are really not a reliable indicator of multiples.  Twin pregnancies quite often start out with regular/low hCG levels, especially if the embryos implant several days apart.  The higher than ‘normal’ levels don’t kick in until much later.  Most likely you’ve just implanted quite early and have naturally high pregnancy hormone levels.  (Didn’t you recently mention on the ‘Hoping for a BFP‘ forum that you’re quite tuned in to your hormones and easily notice changes within your body, which indicates they are probably very strong!). 

I’m currently pregnant with twins, and my tests were strong at about 16DPO, but not absolute blazing BFPs like some women’s (who are having singletons!).  

Also, something else to be aware of, my twin pregnancy symptoms have been super mild!  So don’t stress if you get really bad morning sickness and dizziness.  Again, you may just be extra sensitive to hCG, and/or just pump out very high levels naturally.  The spectrum of hCG levels in healthy pregnancies varies massively.  

But, if it is twins, I know you’ll find a way to love both those sweet babies more than you ever thought possible! XX
  • Options
    @Gamble5 thanks for sharing! This makes me feel better. Idk why I am so anxious about twins 🤷‍♀️ How are you feeling? Have you had a singleton pregnancy before? If so, does this one feel different?
    My singleton pregnancy actually gave me a much stronger first BFP than this twin pregnancy!!  My daughter was a dye stealer from the start!  And I had awful, lingering nausea for more than 6 months!  This twin pregnancy is a walk in the park (so far) by comparison!  I’ve had almost no symptoms and I’m past 8 weeks now. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤪 

Was your BFP on an internet cheapie?  They can be surprisingly  sensitive (especially as their quality control is unlikely to be closely regulated or even match what it says on the box!)  They can be equal to, or even more sensitive than the big name brand ‘early results’ HPTs.  The test could be as sensitive as 10mIU or lower.  And TBH, 15DPO is not ‘early‘ to test.  You should be expecting a pretty decent line by then, especially if you’re definitely past the point of missing AF, and the pregnancy is progressing normally.

Do you have twins on your mother’s side of the family?  If not, your risk is probably pretty low for natural twins.  Have you been taking fertility drugs whilst trying to conceive?   Clomid (for ovulation) can increase your odds of twins by about 30%.  

Lastly, the age factor, I’m guessing you’re only 33 by the 1987 in your username?  That’s really not that old in regards to fertility!  The increased twin risk only really comes into play once you’re over 35/closer to 40, when your fertility can start to rapidly drop, and your ovaries may kick out extra eggs each month in desperation, or out of malfunction!

I hope some of these points have helped put your mind a bit more at ease?  Stress is not good for pregnancy, and twins is not something to worry about now.  Save your energy and fret about it if it happens, not before!  Good luck!! BUT, if it is twins, we’ll be here to support you through the chaos!! X 
  • Options
    P.S Taking a second look at your test pix above, the control line is still much darker than the test line.  It’s a lovely BFP, but not crazy dark for 15DPO.  I really think you are be panicking unnecessarily! X
  • Options
    @KristinO1987
    yes i’ve had 3 singletons before. Like @KiwiMoomin said symptoms were real mild at first with this pregnancy wasn’t until i hit 6weeks that sickness and tireness hit and it was horrendous compared to my singleton pregnancies. I’m currently 26+4 weeks and this pregnancy is sooo much harder than a singleton. Chances are you are carrying a singleton tho hun ☺️ 
    @KiwiMoomin
    congratualtions on your twins. Do you know what type of twins your having ? X
  • Options
    @KiwiMoomin thanks lovely. I’ve been thinking about you and hoping all is well ❤️ I appreciate all the information. We only have one set of twins on my moms side of the family. I just know odds increase as you are older and my friend was right around my age when she conceived her twins. I’m not super worried, I know Gods plan is best, but it is something that I think about once in a while..  This pregnancy hasn’t quite hit me yet, so of course I’m spending more time on this forum 🤣 

I am super sensitive to hormones, which is hard to deal with sometimes. I just feel like i always see these fainter lines, maybe it’s just because lots of us are POAS addicts 😉

those tests are internet cheapies, 20units i believe. I am going to take my cb digital tomorrow, but I’m nervous about it. Seeing “not pregnant” would hurt a lot. But I need a pic of the test for my scrapbook page I’m making to announce to my husband that I am pregnant. Funny how lots of “strangers” already know (although you all are like my sisters now ❤️) and I told my one sister as well. My husband probably won’t find out til Saturday if I can keep a secret til then  😆
  • Options
    @KristinO1987
    i took digital on day of my af and it came up pregnant so i really can’t see you seeing “not pregnant” happy 9months 💖💙
  • Options
    Thanks @Gamble5 you are putting my mind at ease ❤️
  • Options
    @KristinO1987
    i then took a weeks indicator one the day after it came up 1-2weeks then did one the next day because i was just so obsessed 😂 that came up 2-3weeks. It never twigged that could of means twins to me 😂 xxx
  • Options
    🤣 @Gamble5 wow! Those week indicators are confusing though, since they overlap 
  • Options
    Yeah i never took anymore after that 😂
  • Options
    @Gamble5 when did you find out it was twins?
  • Options
    @KristinO1987
    I booked a scan at 7weeks &4days because i suffered from a mmc last year so wanted to make sure it was a viable pregnancy this time. I kind of had a feeling it was twins tho, i literally couldn't keep food or water down and i was just sleeping 3-4hrs a day couldn’t stay awake. 
  • Options
    @KristinO1987 don’t fret, digitals (in fact all HPTs) are very reliable once you are past the date of your expected AF.  You’ll definitely get a ‘Pregnant’ result come up at this stage, and a 20mIU test has already easily picked up the pregnancy, so it’s not like you’re unknowingly testing early and just faintly picking up excessively low levels of hCG (like 6mIU).

Women of any age can have twins, so your friend may have been predisposed to them anyway.  In clinical studies, your risk does not increase until after the age of 35 and beyond.

Having twins on your mum’s side of the family does indicate you could have a genetic predisposition to having ovaries that release multiple mature eggs per month.  But again, the odds are not scarily high, even with assisted reproduction like IVF and fertility drugs.  

But really, low/high odds aside, IF it is twins, you WILL be ok!  You’ve had singletons before, right?  You know the drill.  (And you’re religious?) God knows you’re up for the challenge (and the blessing) of double trouble!  I’ve got 3 friends with twins, and they all say it is hard... but not as hard as you think it’s going to be! And I’m clinging to that!!!🙏🏻🤪 And let me tell you, my 5 year old daughter is definitely going to be earning her pocket money, helping her mama out with her (much longed for!) siblings!!!😂  
  • Options
    And yes, more often than not, you do see a lot of very faint lines on these forums. But it’s because very few actually wait until after AF is missed before testing.  They know it is possible to pick up a pregnancy much, MUCH earlier, and are just too impatient and excited to wait.  They are definitely POAS addicts, but each to their own!  

But fertility clinics (the boring, sensible experts!) strongly advise against testing early, even with sensitive tests, as the chances of unreliable, confusing and upsetting results are high.
  • Options

I had no idea the Clearblue weeks indicator was so sensitive, able to pick up levels as low as 10mIU to still give the 1-2 weeks reading (3-4 weeks from the first day of your last period).  @KristinO1987, you will be absolutely fine taking a digital tomorrow!👍. If you do a weeks indicator, you should get the 2-3 weeks by now, as you are beyond 4 weeks pregnant, and with your strong hormone levels, you might even get a 3+!

I got 2-3 weeks at 16DPO, and I waited until I was 5 weeks to do another digital, and got the 3+.  I didn’t want to do another weeks indicator before 5 weeks for fear of not seeing progression and panicking myself!  And at this stage I had no indication I was pregnant with twins.  It just seemed like a normal pregnancy.  Actually, no, my symptoms were (and still are!) so mild, I actually thought there was NO WAY it was twins, and even feared for the viability of a single pregnancy! X
  • Options
    @Gamble5 that is rough! I’m super tired also. Barely want to love and could probably sleep half the day of my kids let me 😋
  • Options
    @KiwiMoomin so funny how symptoms can “lie”. Oh I trust God for everything. He will help me for sure, He’s always with me. Having your 5yo will be soooo helpful! My kids will be 4 & 6 when this babe is born, so I know they will be very helpful also. 

I did take the test, and then remembered i didn’t even have the one that estimates weeks.  I kinda want to get some but they are so freakin expensive 😩
  • Options
    @KiwiMoomin so funny how symptoms can “lie”. Oh I trust God for everything. He will help me for sure, He’s always with me. Having your 5yo will be soooo helpful! My kids will be 4 & 6 when this babe is born, so I know they will be very helpful also. 

I did take the test, and then remembered i didn’t even have the one that estimates weeks.  I kinda want to get some but they are so freakin expensive 😩
    Does anyone see the lines in these ?