Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Confusion with provera pills and clomid

I had a scheduled doctors appointment on December 14th and he gave me provera pills (10 1x a day) to induce period since I hadn’t had one since September 12th. I was on day 64 of my cycle (now on day 75). I still haven’t gotten my period and I finished my pills 2 days ago. If I’m correct my period was supposed to start 7-10 days after taking my first pills? So I’m confused. I’ve tested and it has come up negative.  I’m a little worried because I read that provera can cause birth defects if taken during the first trimester.  He also gave me Clomid and told me to take it on days 1-3 of my cycle but the bottle with instructions gave me 5 pills and says days 3-7. Of course I’m going to listen to my doctor but just wondering if anyone else has heard of this or experienced this before. 

Replies

• I take provera very often
    my period sometimes comes super early
    sometimes it takes 10 days 
    you Will get your period soon

this one time I took provera and got my period before I even finished the pill.

• Also I’ve taken letrozole and it’s usually day 3 onward or sometimes can be day 4 on wards
    i would recommend checking with ur doctor to make sure