Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

The January TTC Thread - Let’s see some New Years BFPs! ➕🥳👣 - Part 2

Replies

• Hi ladies, can I ask for some advice and I know this is probably going to depend completely on opinion but it would be good to get others thoughts. We have been trying for 2 months now so still fairly early. However our wedding was postponed and is now going ahead on 18th Nov. If we conceived in Feb the likely due date would be around 25th Oct. I don't know whether to stop trying that month or throw caution to the wind and just say whatever happens happens we will work around it if it does. Any thoughts? 

I'm less bothered by things like my dress not fitting etc and more bothered about being able to just enjoy the day. 

Thanks for your help. 😊
  • Hi lovely, I would probably have a months break just because throwing you a worse case scienero.... Your two weeks late (most first babies are) and you need a csection. So you would of just had a baby,  feeding every two hours and getting them to sleep in between, be bleeding lots in white dress, and unable to move if have csection @Lee0511 xx
  • @SorrentoMummy thank you. I think I needed to hear the realities of what it's like immediately after having a baby. I think we will take a break 😊 thanks for your help. 
  • @Lee0511 I had a normal birth and bled heavy for 4 weeks and I couldn't sit down comfortably for 3 weeks. You want to be comfortable on your big day, and your be so tired also. Your so welcome, hope you have the most gorgeous day! 😘 Xx
  • Thank you. My head is telling me to have a break for 2 months so the earliest the baby will arrive is late December but at the same time it's heartbreaking having to put the one thing we want the most on hold. 
  • @Lee0511 Completely understand, I feel the same about my best friends wedding, but I just can't do that to myself. The after pains and bleeding took me by suprise. Also the weeks after they are born you have so many appointments to attend, I just wouldnt want to miss them. I think you deserve your day and they deserve their own day (baby). It's so hard though, bits it's very early days for you lovely Xx
  • @SorrentoMummy thank you so so much for your support. I totally understand it's a battle between your head and your heart. ❤️ Normally I would let my heart win but I know I'll probably regret it on the day of my wedding. 😂 
  • @Lee0511 good luck and that's so exciting with the wedding. Just see the 2 months as real baby planning. Track your bbt and ovulation and body changes get it's completely understood for 2 months without the pressure of BD and then boom it will be your time with all that knowledge that with hindsight most of us wish we had before ttc! (and who knows fingers crossed for a little Christmas babe!) 
  • @Iski2021 thank you. You are so lovely. I'm also carrying quite a bit of extra weight (about a stone) so want to use it as 2 months to get healthy to prepare my body for ttc. 😊 Obviously I won't be able to lose that amount in 2 months but hoping to at least make a start and reintroduce some good habits for the months to come. 

You ladies have made me feel so much better about it, thank you so much! ❤️
  • @Lee0511 great idea then and also a wedding diet then! They say when you conceive that the first 2 months the bean is actually digesting/using what you had eaten 6 weeks prior so that can only help as well! Plenty of leafy greens etc!
  • @Iski2021 ohhh interesting I love finding out all the little tidbits of information like this. 😊 My Vege intake is awful but definitely hoping to change that. 
  • @SP28 another week to go then. 🤞for you and everyone.

@Lee0511 I would say wait just due to the tiredness from feeds etc. You want to enjoy it not wish you were in bed. However, your wedding day will magical and special whenever you have it. You just need to do what you feel is best for you. 
  • @girl84 thank you 😊
  • Today AF is due... I usually have cramps day before and then like clockwork start in the morning. Nothing so far. Trying not to get too excited but 🤞
  • @Iski2021 fingers crossed hun! When will you test? xx
  • I took a frer on Sunday and it was negative 🙄 so I'm not holding out too much as I think that probably would have caught it!? But if no sign by lunch on my daily walk I may be swinging by the pharmacy! 
  • @Iski2021 fingers crossed lovely, do you have any symptoms other than no cramps? 🙂 Exciting! X
  • @SorrentoMummy I have had that horrid acidic metal feeling for the past 5 days, loss of appetite and nausea. BUT I did have that all a few months ago and af arrived so there may be a horrid devil effect of mock symptoms 😭. Last time I got pregnant I just felt dizzy quite a lot so definitely not the same so far but then that ended up being a miscarriage 😩
  • @Iski2021 I really wish you the best of luck lovely. Finger and toes crossed for you 🤞😘
  • Af arrived this morning- 3 days early I don’t understand it I am NEVER early! I still feel sick and don’t have any period cramps. I’m so sad I actually thought this was my month! 🤞everyone else x