Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

HELP: Experience with low HCG levels in early pregnancy

Hi there,

I have been TTC for two years, and I have recently begun clinical trials in November with a fertility clinic in an effort to get there since I've only gotten pregnant once, and it ended at only four weeks. Well, I took a pregnancy test at home yesterday, and it was positive! I went for a blood draw to confirm it today, and the nurse said it's "lower than they typically like to see it," as it measures at 31. I guess they typically like to see it at 51 or so at this point, according to the nurse. She says I'm four weeks, but an app I was using tells me I am 3 weeks and 2 days because my last period was December 27th, so I'm wondering if they think I'm further along than I actually am. I did ovulate sooner this cycle; they gave me a trigger shot on day 9 of my cycle, so that puts me about 14 dpo. Did anyone else have an experience like this? Is it pointless to have hope at this point? I go for a second blood draw in two days to see if the numbers have doubled, and I'm so terrified of what will happen if it falls and it doesn't double.