Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive

Just starting TTC 🥰

Replies

• I'm on cycle day 15, according to my apps (I use my calendar as well, also my fitbit app tracks as well) my ovulation will start either tomorrow or on Sunday. My monitor still shows "high", not "peak" yet. So curious if the monitor works well, and also if I ovulate or not. But since it's my first month, I'm not sure if it will work this month. 
  • Bundaberg said:
    I'm on cycle day 15, according to my apps (I use my calendar as well, also my fitbit app tracks as well) my ovulation will start either tomorrow or on Sunday. My monitor still shows "high", not "peak" yet. So curious if the monitor works well, and also if I ovulate or not. But since it's my first month, I'm not sure if it will work this month. 
    Hey @Bundaberg, how do these monitors work? is it similar to opk test kits?
  • I fancy trying the clear blue digital one I have seen a few people using them and saying it is clearer when your peak is rather than the normal strips, I’ve just bought the Femometer Bluetooth thermometer to try and measure myself that way aswell :) xxx
  • @Apsa1819 it is, yes. Basically the monitor tells me when I have to test. It has to be in a specific time frame each day. The test strips are designed to stick into the monitor where it reads the two hormones and tells you if you're in a low, high or peak state. It's a bit on a pricey side but I'm not really comfortable to interpret the opk tests.
  • Omg, I can’t help it but I’m literally counting down the days until AF is due. Time seems to be going so slow!

• @Lucyros3x i know the feeling, AF got me last night on cd 32, the wait was torture, you'll be alright lovely. xx
    On cd 2 today. I'm thinking of deliberately missing out on trying this cycle 😅 weird, i know. My gynae says my stress levels are through the roof. So I'll be back officially in March, unless I catch spontaneously this cycle. But I'm excited for the timeout and already loving the idea of a December baby. I'll still be lurking here😉 fingers crossed and praying for everyone Xx
  • Ah dear :( I know so many people that have taken a break from trying and then it’s happened! Fingers crossed for you xxx
  • @Lucyros3x Have you been having any kind of symptoms lately? Fingers crossed for you!
    @Jadey03-1 Ah, try & relax dear...keeping yourself happy & calm is the most important! Enjoy your timeout :)

I have just started observing ewcm, also got a few opks... Hopefully ovulating this week!
  • Bundaberg said:
    @Apsa1819 it is, yes. Basically the monitor tells me when I have to test. It has to be in a specific time frame each day. The test strips are designed to stick into the monitor where it reads the two hormones and tells you if you're in a low, high or peak state. It's a bit on a pricey side but I'm not really comfortable to interpret the opk tests.

Ahh ok, makes sense... Even i find it troublesome to interpret the opk tests (but i did get a few for this cycle)! Not seeing any line close to my ovulation date gives me more stress! The monitor sounds good!
  • @Apsa1819 No I’ve had no symptoms yet  :| I don’t think this will be the month anyway, just because it’s my first month off the pill. We will see! 
  • So a small update on the monitor, since it's the first month I'm using it. My ovulation date was exactly the date my fitbit app predicted. Not bad :) 
  • Bundaberg said:
    So a small update on the monitor, since it's the first month I'm using it. My ovulation date was exactly the date my fitbit app predicted. Not bad :) 
    Wow that sounds good @Bundaberg!

I am giving another try to opk kits in this cycle! Currently on CD11, tested & saw a vvvfl! Should I test 1 or 2 days prior to my ovulation date? I have only 4 tests remaining now :(

• I'd say at least one day prior, if not two. Because usually the two day prior to the ovulation date are the most fertile days. 
  • Has anybody had any kind of symptoms? X
  • Bundaberg said:
    @Lucyros3x good question. I think I can tell sometimes but it wasn't important before, and now since I listen closer to my body, everything is suddenly suspicious, weird and I can't trust myself on being objective I think  :D
    @Bundaberg I just said the same thing to myself this morning... Hannah, try to be objective! I'm so hyper-aware of every little sensation. I have been TTC for 5 months. I don't have any children yet, although I did get a BFP when I was 29 but about a week and a half after that it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. I've been off birth control since I was around 20 years old, and I'll be 34 this month. This is the first time I've actively ttc, tracking ovulation and what not. I'm anxiously optimistic. Wishing you all the best.
  • @HanBanana221 same to you lovely :)

@Lucyros3x no, but I just had my ovulation last Sunday so ot would be way too early. Although I just thought how incredibly unfortunate it would be right now for my workplace if I was pregnant. So... Maybe if I think the timing would be wrong, the chances of getting pregnant are higher who knows lol
  • Hello ladies! So, AF is due in 6 days and as of today I'm 9 dpo. As stated before, I'm trying to stay objective and not read too much into every little thing my body does, but I have had some symptoms the past week or so that make me go hmmmm... I've been VERY tired, not the usual tired from activity, but a general all day sleepy tired... I feel like I cannot get enough sleep for the life of me even though my sleeping habits haven't changed. I've also had mild cramping on and off the past few days, not painful but noticeable nonetheless and I'm sneezing a lot. I don't have allergies and as a general rule I very rarely sneeze, but lately I've been sneezing all throughout the day, every day. I don't feel like I have a cold, they're coming out of nowhere it seems. I've also been unusually thirsty. I drink water all day like I'm about to go on a desert trek and I'm stocking up lol. Anyone else experiencing anything like that? Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • I had the exact same symptoms last month, @HanBanana221 . My AF showed up though, but I'm kinda sure that I had a chemical. Fingers crossed for you! X
  • Bundaberg said:
    I had the exact same symptoms last month, @HanBanana221 . My AF showed up though, but I'm kinda sure that I had a chemical. Fingers crossed for you! X
    Ugh, chemicals are such an emotional roller coaster... But I guess TTC is an emotional roller coaster regardless... I did have a new symptom pop up unexpectedly today. I LOVE spicy foods and eat them every day... just a few days ago I had ghost pepper queso and didn't bat an eyelash, and I often snack on raw jalapeno slices... I went to subway today for a sandwich and got my staple kettle cooked jalapeno chips, and either the chips were defective or something is up with my spicy food tolerance, because I couldn't even finish the bag. My tongue hurt so bad my eyes were watering, nose running, and I was basically drooling lol. It lasted for about 30 minutes after I ate them... felt like I was breathing fire.
  • Weird! I had that with truffle. I looove truffle and used my favourite truffle salt for cooking and the smell was OFF! I thought it went bad and I almost threw it in the bin. It does smell normal again now.