Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Implantation bleeding

So I had cm that was mixed with blood on 6 and 7dpo, it was the type you see just as your period is starting. However it stopped at around 8dpo and I started testing to see if I could get a line. I thought I saw a very faint line but it was way too faint to tell. I tested 9dpo and also thought I saw a line but again, I was unsure. Now on 10dpo I tested and I am just unsure I saw anything now. I am just wondering if any one has had the same experience where they have had bloody cm at 6dpo and then got a positive test? 

I am just confused about why there was blood because I never (and I mean never) have blood at any time other than when my period is due. I also have very regular 28-30 day cycles. 

Thankyou 🙂🙂

Replies

• Options
    How many days prior to your AF are you? 
  • Options
    Bundaberg said:
    How many days prior to your AF are you? 
    I am 6 days away now, I know tests don’t always pick it up this early
  • Options
    Yes, I was about to say that. I know the 2 week wait is hard, but it's very rare to get a positive test that early on. If you're usually very regular, you could try tomorrow again with a first response test, not the digital ones as they aren't that sensitive. But I'd recommend to wait until the day your AF is due, or better, the first day you're overdue. 
    And yes, implantation bleeding occurs around day 7-14 after conception, so that would make sense :)
  • Options
    I'm currently going through this.  Yesterday I was 6dpo (cd20)  and I started with losing brown/red and I was cramping.
    Today I'm 7dpo.  The cramps currently aren't as bad and I've not lost that much yet.  I'm currently wearing a panty liner and there's just a bit of brown on it.   I've also never spotted mid cycle and I'm usually a 28-30day cycle. 
    I got my peak cd13 and ovulated cd14.  We bd on cd12,13,14 and 15 so I thought we covered all bases but now I'm so confused.
    I've never had a short LP before. 
  • Options
    Honestly, to me, it totally sounds like implantation bleeding and I would be very excited if I were you ;) 
    Implantation bleeding is a good sign! It means the embryo attached itself. And yes, you def. covered your bases. 
  • Options
    I really want to hope its implantation 🤞

@Ash1595 thats a great sign yours has stopped now.  I would just keep testing daily.  Good luck
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I've experienced implantation bleeding twice now, b4 a bfp and after a bfp. First time, I tested postive about 4 days b4 AF then around a week later I had bleeding that stopped about 5-10 minutes after it started, but it was a big bleed, he will be 12 on Sunday 🙂 and the 2nd time I experienced it I mistaken it for AF as it lasted for 2 days, very light then turned to spotting, I got advised to take a test which I did 6 days after the bleeding, which came back postive 1-2 weeks, the midwife I spoken to said it could of been implantation bleeding as I didn't test till 6 days after the bleeding and if it was a chemical it wouldn't of came back postive as it goes pretty much back to negative within a day or so because of it being so early , but that sadly did end in a mc a few weeks after when I was meant to of been 7 weeks. Good luck with the testing, hope it's the start of a bfp for you both 🤞 
  • Options
    Bundaberg said:
    Yes, I was about to say that. I know the 2 week wait is hard, but it's very rare to get a positive test that early on. If you're usually very regular, you could try tomorrow again with a first response test, not the digital ones as they aren't that sensitive. But I'd recommend to wait until the day your AF is due, or better, the first day you're overdue. 
    And yes, implantation bleeding occurs around day 7-14 after conception, so that would make sense :)
    Thankyou for you reply! I will definitely wait a few more days however I think o may have a start of a very faint line today 11dpo! So hoping that is a good sign 🙂
  • Options
    Ash1595 said:
    Bundaberg said:
    Thankyou for you reply! I will definitely wait a few more days however I think o may have a start of a very faint line today 11dpo! So hoping that is a good sign 🙂
    Eeeek baby dust to you 💫
  • Options
    Help needed
    been trying for our second child for 8yrs!!! I am day 35 and today had one pink spot when wiped (sorry for tmi) and nothing else, I’m so scared to test as been disappointed so many times before x