Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Testing in May - first babies of 2022! 🧚🏼‍♀️

Replies

• Sorry @milecyoj! But at least the 2WW is over. Take good care of yourself and treat yourself!
  • Hey Ladies.. sorry for those who have experienced chemical pregnancies this month.. must be awful having your emotions tested like that.

I am 3DPO so in the dreaded TWW - not sure about anyone else but I find the first week ok and the second week torture! Me and OH definitely bedded a good amount during ov. Although there is a part of me that worries we bed too much in the lead up to ov and then when it comes to day of ov and day before his sperm count is probably quite low?

Anyway keeping my fingers crossed for this month. Xxx

Congrats to all the BFP's this month, so lovely to see :blush:

• Fingers crossed for you @BLily190 - and yes, second week TTC is the worst!
  • Hey guys I had a longer cycle last month cd30 usually 27 days. I'm currently cd5 af finished yesterday. I've stocked up on easy@home ovulation strips and hcg test strips. Gonna start tracking ovulation to get as much information I can for drs. I have USS appt tomo still waiting for OH sperm analysis appt. Fingers crossed they find something tomo easily treatable. Feeling positive like ball is rolling. Any advice for ovulation tracking welcome as I havent done much of that in my journey. Using premom app for ovulation tracking and will still use flo. Good luck to everyone this month and sorry to hear about the chemicals xx 
  • Hey everyone hope you are all well and enjoying bank holiday! Just been over thinking everything as usual lol but just wondering about the clear blue digital ov test. I tested Saturday morning and said I was at peak and that stays for 48 hours. Is it possible to of ovulated before I had tested peak? We dtd Saturday and Sunday but not sure if the tests mean you will ovulate soon or you maybe already have? Sorry I’m confusing myself! X
  • @Lou_lou234 I use the clear blue fertility monitor which is basically the same as you're using, but it comes with a monitor. The sticks will detect the lh hormone that will surge right before ovulation. It will give you a positive result as soon as the lh hormones are rising, so the actual ovulation date is probably the second day of the peak reading. So they advise to have sex on the first day and then for the next few days to be on the safe side. You should be good :)
    @Jessiebella many in this forum use the cheap brand ovulation sticks, so I guess the ones you already bought. 
  • Hey everyone hope you are all well and enjoying bank holiday! Just been over thinking everything as usual lol but just wondering about the clear blue digital ov test. I tested Saturday morning and said I was at peak and that stays for 48 hours. Is it possible to of ovulated before I had tested peak? We dtd Saturday and Sunday but not sure if the tests mean you will ovulate soon or you maybe already have? Sorry I’m confusing myself! X
    I was also wondering the same thing as I was worried that it could be too late by the time I got the peak smiley. As @Bundaberg says and after researching obsessively lol it would seem you are likely to ovulate 12 hours+ after peak reading. I have also started using normal ovulation strips alongside clearblue.. I feel like you get a much more accurate idea of when ovulation occurred.

xx
  • Hiiii all!!

so we did the deed on CD 16. 
    I took no lh strip tests and no temps. Just chilled out and hopes for the best

a few months back when I was tracking daily (exhausting... mentally) I seemed to peak around CD 14 or 15.

fingers crossed but not obsessing haha 😂
  • @Bundaberg @BLily190 hey guys.. I used clearblue when I first started ttc but never found peak just high.. it stressed me out so much that I might not be ovulating that I stopped using them after a few months! Once I researched it more I realised I wasnt testing often enough just once a day and so I could have just missed it. Obviously that was quite a while ago though and havent bothered since cuz my cycles were regular. Now I'm looking to get referred to fertility clinic soon I thought it would be helpful to track so I can show them. Went for the strips as I wanna see the lines n see if they get darker etc. 

Bought 100 Lh strips 25 hcg strips and 2 blood hcg home tests so I'm very prepared Haha xx 
  • Heeeeey everyone! Hope you’re all doing ok?

I’m on my way back from the little family trip away.... supposed to be a chill out but being stuck in a boat on the Norfolk Broads with OH, the dog and my parents.... 🥴🥴🥴
    The weather was freezing so totally cooped up together and obviously  still sat outside for meals so was pretty grim 🤣🤣
    plus.... has anyone else experienced their parents basically regressing and becoming worse than kids??!! I’m less inclined to actually want a kid of my own this week - I’m exhausted!!! They’ve been a bloody nightmare!!! 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

So I’m 9DPO today - AF due on Sunday. Got through the first week of TWW no problem as far too busy babysitting 🤣 expect the full TWW experience will hit me hard for the next 6 days now 😏 Symptom spotting here we come!!! 🙌🏼🙌🏼 Ha!!
  • @KelB79 I was just saying second week of TWW is the worst! :neutral: haha And yes the novelty of eating outside has certainly worn off!!! Here's to AF not showing this month! 

@CYP Sounds like you are having a month off from obsessing.. I think it is great to have a month off to relax and take the stress off so good for you and there is nothing to say you don't get lucky this month :wink: I am however totally obsessing and have convinced myself this month is the month :sweat_smile:

@Jessiebella Yes I started the same lh strips this month and tested twice a day and I felt it was much more easy to pinpoint where I peaked. I also found it interesting how quickly it went from peak to low, was only about 10 hours.

xx
  • Mileycyoj- ahh sorry. Back on the journey again but not alone x
  • Hi ladies

Finally joining as I’m 9dpo and feel like I can’t stop symptom spotting and like everyone else is saying, the 2nd week of the tww drags! 

I’m trying to conceive baby number 2 as I already have a beautiful 2 year old daughter. This is only my 3rd month trying and 1st month using OPks. Although its came as a bit of a shock as my daughter was a huge surprise 😂. 

Congratulations to those who have got their BFP and good luck to everyone else🤞 ✨

• Hello! First month using clear blue advance! Today I got a flashing smile face, instructions said that means high fertility. A bit of an odd question...but is having sex once a day will be enough? 
  • @B.leif welcome to the group x

@adunkleyce when we got pregnant with our little girl we did every other day when we got low and High until we got a peak and then did two days in a row. I personally think as long as the peak days are covered then you should be ok. Hope that helps. 
  • Anyone else find themselves during TWW squeezing their boobs until it almost hurts in an attempt to convince yourself that they’re sensitive?! 🤣🤣🤣
    And I swear down I can manifest a metallic taste in my mouth just by thinking about it 🤣🤣🤣
    Gotta love the TWW! 🙈
    5 days until AF due for me now, BBT staying high so far. 
    Plenty of time to imagine a few more symptoms to obsess about 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️

• Hello everyone, I’m new here. I used these groups a lot when ttc baby no 1 in 2019 ... and now I’m back thinking about baby no 2 - can’t believe i am saying that out loud. 

I came off the mini pill a week ago and currently experiencing withdrawal bleed.  Think it’s coming to an end now though. I’ve forgotten what I’m doing - do I count the first day of no bleeding as first cycle day? 

Last time I came off the combined pill after 15 years and never got a period at all so I suspect my cycles will be totally messed up which makes tracking anything impossible! 😬

has anyone else had experience of coming off the mini pill and ttc? I’ve no idea what to expect! 
  • Hi @Sunshine8888 and welcome :)

The first day of your cycle is actually the day your AF arrived, that's CD1. Good luck to you! xx
  • @Bundaberg ahh yes of course, that makes sense! Thank you - I’m still not sure though if I count withdrawal bleed as AF? I guess it’s somewhere to start though! 
  • Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone has experienced sticky cm and slight cramping 3dpo it’s only down one side though. I suffer immensely with period cramps but never this early x