Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Testing in May - first babies of 2022! 🧚🏼‍♀️

Replies

• 7 or 8DPO today I’ve been testing since the last two days BFN each time but I’m doing it as a bit of an experiment will do it each month until I get pregnant just to see how it all progresses. I’m not symptom spotting just keeping myself busy to keep my mind off it all. 
  • I tested positive last month. Then had some bleeding which started 2 days ago and has now resolved. The last HCG strip in the one I've done today. I'm worried that I've had a chemical pregnancy or miscarried. Any advice? 
  • I’m so sorry hun I think the only way to find out for sure would be to ask your gp for blood work to be done x
  • @Bride2Be definitely get some bloods done lovely, best to be sure. Good luck xxxxxx

CD10 today.... big BBT dip so I’m thinking OV tomorrow but no real rise on OPKs .... although I didn’t manage to test until the evening on the last 2 days so might have missed it 🤔🤔 new to OPK testing so not sure - advice always appreciated 😁😁
  • Okay will do. Thank you x
  • Managed to get myself booked for a scan on Monday so fingers crossed. Thanks for your help. I ended up contacting the early pregnancy unit who were very helpful. 
  • CD11 today... possible OV according to Premom and my BBT has totally bottomed out so I think that’s right.... OPK testing later. Nabbed the OH in a super sleepy state for a little BD with pre-seed and cupped it after 🤣🤣 pulling out all the stops! Gonna try to BD again tomorrow just in case 🤪

lots of love abs dairy dust to you all! I’m finally in the hairdressers today so it’s a good day!!! 😁😁😁
  • CD12 .... BBT jumped back up and I got an even higher LH reading so I just had to accost the OH and shamelessly seduce him 🤣🤣 
    going away for a week tomorrow so no testing for a week and chill time. BD’ing when we want to not need to 🤪

good luck to all the May testers!!! 😘😘😘
  • Lh8609Lh8609 Regular
    edited Apr 25, 2021 11:02AM
    enjoy your time away hun x
  • Hi hope everyone is well on here.. I've had a little break from all ttc stuff while I wait for my USS appt and OH sperm analysis as dont want to over stress ourselves. Feels like were waiting forever!
    Af due today fingers crossed she dont show 🤞 no signs yet..

@Bride2Be best of luck with your scan let us know how you get on xx

• CD1 for me now, as we did a break last month no surprise that AF showed up. Two days earlier though, so my cycles aren't really regular yet after my chemical. But this time, as I knew I can't be pregnant, I was really trying to focus on how I feel before AF starts, when do the cramps start, so I might think it's easier this time around to not focus too much and wondering "is this normal??".
    My ovulation date will probably be around ascension weekend where both husband and I don't work, so that's good!
  • CD10 for me and have tested high on OPKs for last two days so think I will likely ovulate around CD12.. will use pre-seed day prior to OV. 

My cycles seem to be varying in length more than I realised so I thin we might struggle without using OPKs.. 

Has anyone used this before or something similar?
  • I only read about it actually. That they are very uncomfortable and that using a menstrual cup will give the same effect but being more comfortable to wear and also less expensive.
    I never found any study or anything that showed it actually worked. But why not? 
  • BLily190 said:
    CD10 for me and have tested high on OPKs for last two days so think I will likely ovulate around CD12.. will use pre-seed day prior to OV. 

My cycles seem to be varying in length more than I realised so I thin we might struggle without using OPKs.. 

Has anyone used this before or something similar. 
    I read about this in Jan and thought if I don’t conceive that cycle  I’ll try a menstrual cup in feb which is similar but not the same. Then when af arrived at the end feb I ordered this for March, and thought I’ll try it but will need to get used to putting it in. I didn’t get a positive in in March, but I continued to use it in April and I got my positive on the weekend. I don’t know if that’s the reason why but I think it helped. It’s very different to the menstrual cup which is bigger and deeper so it can hold more blood, I think when I used my menstrual cup in feb it just collected the sperm but didn’t push closer to the cervix. The fertilily is easy to use smaller and actually sits up higher and holds the sperm closer to the cervix. I find it more comfortable than a menstrual cup the material is a lot softer. 
  • Great thanks guys! @LittleBirdie @Bundaberg Think i'll give it a try if I don't get a BFP this month as it's a little expensive  xx
  • CYPCYP Regular
    edited Apr 26, 2021 12:55PM
    Hey y’all 
    so I’m just not in a great head space with TTC and have pulled back from talking about it to avoid being a source of  negativity here or on other forums. I haven’t even really “tried” this last cycle.  

im 35. No luck . And I don’t have a lot of time according to statistics. Especially since I’d like more then 1 baby. I can’t imagine life without my 2 brothers .

anyway my hubby is going to get his sperm analyzed and we will go from there I guess . 

Overall defeat has taken over right now but lovely reading all the success story’s and positivity on here. 

Good luck ladies . 
  • @LittleBirdie
    congratulations on you bfp, if you don’t mind me asking how many dpo were you when you got your positive as you were doing an experiment weren’t you?
    I tested this morning at 8dpo as I woke up feeling nauseous like I did when I had my chemical late last year and negative for me today keeping my fingers crossed that I tested too early xx
  • @ARoseatdawn I got the faintest squinted line that I could see only when in an awkward position with my head tipped to an angle on 8/9dpo then yesterday I did a frer it was super faint again. On both those occasions I was the only one who could see it my husband was like nope there’s nothing there.  This morning I did this frer and this came up, I’m either 11/12 dpo today. 
  • @LittleBirdie I can definitely see it but it is super light. May want to test again in another day or two to check again.
  • Just updating. Got my HSG done last Thursday. The radiologist saw no blockage so thats good but it was definitely painful when they flushed out the right tube so thinking there was definitely something in there. Really struggling today because I just found out that my husband's younger sister just got accidentally pregnant. Some of you already know how it sucks to be constantly trying and it happens by accident for someone else.