Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Testing in May - first babies of 2022! 🧚🏼‍♀️

Replies

• Morning all!! 7DPO today and no signs of spotting or cramps so in my head I've convinced myself I'm not pregnant. :unamused:

Period is due 6/7 days depending on which app as my cycles fluctuate from 26- 28 days although last month was 24 days. 

I feel like because my cycles are short I would have symptons by now.. I know I probably sound mental.

Anyway how is everyone else doing? Would be lovely to see some more BFP's this month.

xx
  • @_Abby_ I’m so sorry to hear that, pretty crappy news. 

I’ve felt really low since AF arrived last week, I’ve decided to set my self a plan eat well and just keep trying. My mental health has taken such a battering I've never felt like this before. 

I’m in a chat on mumsnet about the fertility cup, have you tried it? 
  • @BLily190 even thought your cycles are short, the last cycle is the same for everyone. It's always around 14 days. So yes, 7dpo is veeeeery early. Don't feel down! Try to stay positive. You're not out until AF showed up. And 7 days prior to AF is even way too early to test. So think about it that way; if it's too early for a test to pick up any possible hcg hormones, it's also too early to feel any different. Does that make sense? 
  • Bundaberg said:
    @BLily190 even thought your cycles are short, the last cycle is the same for everyone. It's always around 14 days. So yes, 7dpo is veeeeery early. Don't feel down! Try to stay positive. You're not out until AF showed up. And 7 days prior to AF is even way too early to test. So think about it that way; if it's too early for a test to pick up any possible hcg hormones, it's also too early to feel any different. Does that make sense? 
    Yes and is just the rational smart advice I needed to hear!! Haha 

Thank you :blush:

xxx
  • Very welcome hun ;)
  • SGraceSGrace New
    edited May 7, 2021 9:42AM
    Hi all.

I’m new here - hope you don’t mind me jumping on!

I’m 27 and trying for my first with my husband. I have been on the depo injection for 10 years, and had zero periods in that time. Come off the depo in January 2020, my periods returned straight away, but didn’t become regular until October 2020. 

I am currently awaiting AF - due next Thursday. I am having trouble with the whole tracking ovulation. I have been tracking it since February now and never got a positive, high or peak?! Tried clear blue and recently tried the pre mom cheapies. I saw the line get darker using the cheapies but not as dark as others were posting.

i’m starting to worry I’m not ovulating at all. Is that possible? Even though my periods are so regular? I had some blood work done in February for something completely unrelated to TTC but the nurse knew I was TTC so said  she would run some hormone level tests too. She told me everything come back fine and not to worry? 

I’m starting to get a bit annoyed with it all and wondering if it’s causing me stress and we should just concentrate on BD every other day. 

Any thoughts would be so welcome xx
  • @LittleBirdie I've not read about it, can you link me into the chat so i can catch up!  Willing to try anything at the moment!!
    Just a bit battered feeling, all the trying and failing is really difficult isn't it. And every month its like a new pain each time u hit CD1 again! 
    Xxx
  • @BLily190 thanks for your response.  The only otpion left for me is to go privately for IVF, the fertility team within the NHS cannot support me further as I have a daughter (4) already with my OH so i don't classify for any further assistance and at least one fallopian tube is working, although its a bit of a ? On the other one! 
    Xxx
  • @SGrace Welcome to the group. I'm 28 trying for baby #1 as well. The rules for OPK's is that the test line needs to be as dark as the control line. A lot of people get "peak" tests where the test line is darker than control line but that is not necessary. Feel free to post pictures of opk's and we can let you know what we think. There are also apps that will read the intensity for you and tell you what strips are low, high and peaks.

With that, the best way to verify that ovulation has occurred is by measuring your basal body temperature (BBT) using a bbt thermometer. With that you should see at least a 0.2-0.4 Degree increase in your temps after ovulation has occurred. You put those together, OPK's will tell you when ovulation might occur and bbt will verify that it has occurred.
  • Thanks so much for responding @Poca92

Heres a photo of the ovulation tests I did this month. None of them showed as high or peak.. like you said I think a BBT thermometer is my next purchase. 

• Hi @SGrace
    I deffo think temping would help you to confirm Ov, to be honest you may have had a peak CD 14... I used to test 2/3 times a day on my expected peak days... it could have been you peaked in the afternoon so missed it! Some LH test advise you don’t use FMU and don’t test until 11-5 as that’s when the LH concentration is at its highest (as its had time to build up). Hope this helps! This TTC business is hard work isn’t it! Good luck 💕
  • hey everyone! Hope you’re all
    ok??
    ive been quiet - super busy getting my restaurant ready for re-opening on the 18th 🙈 we’ve done a big expansion too so it’s been hectic!!
    The good news is that it’s taken my mind off of TTC completely!! 
    Pre-mom told me I’m 1 day late today - didn’t even realise!! 🤣🤣
    I’ve had no obvious symptoms of anything though - dizziness for a couple of days Wed/Thurs and a mega headache yesterday. Loads of CM which is unusual. But otherwise zilch 🤷🏼‍♀️
    So I’m thinking I’m probably just gonna end up being late again 🥴
    not gonna test yet - the BFN gets me so down!! 

Big love to @_abby_ - thats totally crap. I’m just starting the fertility assistance route after 20 months TTC but it’s been held up by 6 months due to Covid and I’m 42 in August so I don’t fancy my chances of help if we need it ☹️ It’s gutting! So I’m just carrying on trying, hoping, praying.... 🙏🏼🙏🏼🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Hi everyone

Unfortunately AF arrived today 😢. Trying to stay positive as it was only my first month using OPKs and it turns out I ovulated later than I thought and basically missed my fertile window. 

So hopefully this month I’ll be more prepared and will manage to get my February baby 🤞✨ 
  • Hey ladies 

CD 23 here of a 29 day cycle 
    Around 5 DPO 

I had cramping on right side starting yesterday . 
    Not getting hopes up ... but .. who knows 

we decided this is our last cycle trying until after or a few months before our wedding day in 2022 :( 

pretty disappointed this didn’t happen as hoped especially since I’ll be 36 next year but oh well 

hope everyone is doing well
    xo 
  • Bundaberg said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong please but from what I've read, after a positive ovulation test, the actual ovulation will happen in 12-36h, and from there on the egg will be released and lives for 12-24h in which time it must be fertilised. So, you have at least a window of 24h. 
    Thank you! I’ve read something similar too! So fingers crossed it worked out!! 
  • Does anyone else find it hard when people say it won’t happen if you keep tracking and thinking about it all the time? Sometimes it’s best to stop thinking about it and just let it happen.. once you start tracking it’s kind of hard to stop and not think about it? Just wondering peoples opinions on having a break from all the obsessing does it help? X
  • Does anyone else find it hard when people say it won’t happen if you keep tracking and thinking about it all the time? Sometimes it’s best to stop thinking about it and just let it happen.. once you start tracking it’s kind of hard to stop and not think about it? Just wondering peoples opinions on having a break from all the obsessing does it help? X
    Oh god it’s impossible isn’t it?! 
    My OH is always telling me to stop thinking about it and it’ll happen... and yes, I’ve heard soooo many stories about people who’ve either given up then got pregnant, or had their mind on their wedding, or work or anything else and it’s happened..
    but how the actual hell do you take your mind off what’s going on with your own body??? 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
    I’ve been insanely busy this month and I’ve definitely not been so caught up in TTC but it’s like I’ve been aware that I’ve been sidetracked... so glad I even really been sidetracked??! 🤣🤣

Still no AF today, but I kind of sense it’s coming 😕 
  • @Lou_lou234 I know what you mean! I told my sister that we were ttc #1 and of course she was so happy and excited for us. I mentioned using opk and bbt thermometer and she said I shouldn’t be focused on tracking etc as it will stress me out. I do understand where she is coming from but equally we are at different places- she conceived on her honeymoon (When she was in her 20s) and I am older than her. I also mentioned that the tracking helps me to see what is going on with my cycle (this month I ovulated a few days earlier than expected) and that should we need to seek medical assistance at least I have some data that I can show the doctors. That being said, my hubby and I have actually taken a break from ttc last cycle and this cycle. I’ve still tracked bbt and used opk but it was nice to not have that crushing wave of disappointment when af showed. I think I have been getting stressed and worrying about things which will get resolved this month so I think it will be good to get this month out of the way and then start afresh next month x
  • Poca92Poca92 Regular
    edited May 10, 2021 5:49PM
    @SGrace I agree with Abbey2020. Looks like you could have O'd on CD14 but you would have had to test more that day to be sure. As you get closer to expected O day you should increase the amount of your tests. I sometimes test as much as 6 times a day as my test get darker. After a couple months you should start seeing a rhythm and can go off that instead.

Edit to say you could have had a positive on CD14 which would actually put O on day 15/16
  • _Abby_ said:
    Hi all,

Pretty deflated today, NHS fertility team have discharged us with a diagnosis of "unexplained secondary infertility"
    Not the sort of news I wanted, but appreciate that as we have a 4 yr old already we don't qualify for further NHS support.  Fertility team have questioned one of my fallopian tubes being blocked but another scan showed no issues, so they're not saying either way on that.
    They've just said keep trying, most ppl get pregnant within 2 yrs naturally, but when your at 18months...6 months more TTC and not knowing if we'll be in the "most people" category feels a long time!

Just wanted to drop a msg in case anyone else is going through similar on their journey. Xxx
    Thanks for telling your story, sorry you didnt get news you were hoping for. It's very helpful for me as I'm waiting for OH sperm analysis test next month and then I think we can go on to get referred to fertility clinic.. were ttc our first xx