Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Testing in July

Replies

• @_Abby_ @NorthernGirl I can see the confusion but I meant I'm 3 days late to responding to the message not 3 days late for AF. I am currently only 4dpo.
  • @Poca92 ahhh I see what you mean now...gosh it's so confusing sometimes! 
    Well hopefully in a couple of weeks time ul be 3 days late! 🤞
    Xxx
  • So I tested.
    Don't think there's any question about it.
    😮
  • @Joojoo congratulations!! How many days past AF were u when u tested? Xxx
  • @_Abby_ I'm CD 32, cycles are have been averaging 29/30 for the last few months.
    Tested not on FMU.
    I think I'm in shock, I don't really believe it as I did not believe we DTD at the right time! 
  • @Joojoo huge congrats hun, I wish you a really happy healthy pregnancy.

Aunt flow just arrived, CD 30 of a usual 28...so I was foolishly feeling hopeful.  20 cycles in TTC #2 you'd think I'd be used to the crushing disappointment by now 😔 but it just gets harder not easier 😕 xxx
  • @Joojoo congratulations such lovely news, wishing you all the best with your pregnancy ❤️
  • @_Abby_ @LittleBirdie thanks.
    Only last month I was talking to a friend and was saying the same thing about it being harder to deal with than when I had my first.
    Both times it's taken 12months for it to happen, and this time round I feel like I've noticed the upset more each month. 
    Wishing you all the best of luck 💗
  • Omg @Joojoo massive congratulations!! That's amazing xx 

@_Abby_ I'm so sorry my love, no, it doesn't get easier, definitely gets harder. Wishing you so much BD, Aug will be your month! Xxx 

So I'm 4dpo and had a fair amount of creamy discharge, which leads me to believe I'm not, this seems quite normal for me looking back at the last few months of CM tracking. So mmeeehhh, already feeling defeated. I just hope it's at least 9 days until AF because I don't want this short luteal phase becoming a pattern, concerns me a bit. 

I'm obviously very greatful to already have my one baby and for it to happen so quickly I can't help but be worried / disappointed. Trying to keep positive but feeling it a bit today if I'm honest xx
  • @NorthernGirl hopefully ur ovulating just a little later causing the CM and that the luteal phase is a standard length for you.  Have you had issues with it before?

My first baby was a happy accident, fell pregnant when switching from one pill to another, we were so lucky I only realise that now!  Now we're getting closer to the 2 yr mark for TTC #2 and I'm seriously considering IVF (even though I know we'll have to pay for it) diagnosed with unexplained secondary infertility by the NHS about 4 months ago so they can't support me any further. 

I think having the pressure of a first child can add to the time element, and it's someone else who asks about brothers and sisters a lot.  My little girl will be 5 in September and we never envisgaed such a gap between children...but clearly the smaller gap we hoped for wasn't meant to be. 

Sending you baby dust for ur cycle.  Xxxx
  • @_Abby_ No that I know of, but I have only been tracking since April (no period due to BF) and didn't track with the first because it happened of the first cycle. Last month I wasn't sure when I ovulated to be honest, or if at all. But this month I'm pretty certain it happened when it did. So hopefully that was a one off xx 

Wow I can't believe the NHS won't help further and just leave you with that prognosis. That's really sad. It's annoying as if these things are properly investigated sometimes it's an easy fix. I'm so sorry they just left you with that. 

Yes I agree re the pressure with first child and age gap. I desperately want them close together but that's quickly disappearing...can't control mother nature though, it's v annoying. 

Thanks for sharing, baby dust to you xx 
  • Abby I am in exactly the same boat as u my first was a very welcomed accident after a sickness bug whilst on the pill. He’s 5 in august. Been told as we already have a child we wouldn’t be supported through ivf. Very frustrating!!! 

So ladies I took a test this morning. Line is very faint snd we actually only had sex once this month which was 13th July. I can’t track periods as my cycles are all over the place. Should this be darker by now? Possibly a false? Really not sure what to think or feel. Any advice or opinio welcomes xx
  • @Fee0806 a positive is usually a positive hun. To be sure test again in 2 days with FMU.

The NHS have done a few tests, they were pretty good at getting them sorted but if u have a child already they don't support any further intervention as they can't see anything wrong.  But we have been BD every 2/3 days but still no luck yet!  It's so upsetting knowing what the best thing to do is!! Do we wait a few more months and hope, or just see this as a long enough time to establish this is not going to happen naturally! 

So hard to know...and such an expensive decision too! 😣 xxx
  • @_Abby_ do you have medical insurance through work? They don't cover fertility but they do cover gynaecological. After my fertility tests and with my periods all over the place and not completely clockwork my gp actually recommended it as I have insurance to see if there was something wrong with my periods.Lo and behold a full dye scan later they found some scar tissue which was preventing pregnancy. I don't know if that helps but it's always a good back up to know as it would have cost me 5000 plus privately. My gp was happy to refer as soon as they knew it wasn't nhs! 
  • @Iski2021i don't unfortunately.
    I've had scans and a full hyfosy with the NHS and OH had SA done too, all very quick (comparative to others on here) the scans did not find anything and dye ran through at least one side too, that's why they've formally diagnosed me as unexplained secondary infertility. Xxx
  • Hi ladies 

How's everyone doing? Where abouts are you all in your cycles!? 

I'm 10 dpo, getting CM goes from lotion like to sticky, white and tinged only slightly yellowish I'd say. Seems normal for me leading up to my period. No twinges or v early symptoms like I had last time so pretty sure I'm not. Why am I finding it hard not to test!? Haha even though I know I'm not. Period due to turn on from Friday, so if nothing by Sun I'll test.

Going to have a go at the sperm meets egg plan this month, partner on board so looking forward to having a go. Anyone tried? 

• So finally after 2 years of trying I have my positive test. 😍
  • Omg @Fee0806 CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 
    Definitely not a faint line there! Xx
  • @NorthernGirl 11 dpo today so cycle buddies!!! Also not feeling any different from any previous months so not getting excited. Did try clomid this month so thats the only new thing.

@Fee0806 congratulations!!