Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Period 5 days late, negative pregnancy test - How long should I wait after missed period to test?

Hi all, 
I am losing my mind over here! I'm now 5 days late on my period and feeling like hot garbage. My breasts are a cup size bigger than normal, nauseous, headache, bloated, but I took a test 2 days ago and it was negative.  I have very irregular periods ( I've gone 7 months without having one ) so I never know when to get potentially excited or not. How long after your missed period did it take to detect pregnancy? I don't want to go stir crazy and buy a bunch of tests. 

Replies

• @froggi I’m in the same boat, I’m 5 days late, tired, bloated and have pulling/heaviness in my lower abdomen. I took a test this morning , but it was negative.  I’m going to wait a week and test again.
  • So frustrating! I am now on day 6, still no period. I took another test and still negative. I had 3 people say something to me last night about the size of my boobs asking if I was pregnant. 
  • I agree, it's so frustrating and it's the longest wait.  I either just want AF to arrive or BFP already so I just have an answer.

• I wonder if you should try a different brand of test if you've been just using one type so far? 
  • Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone did a second test yet? I took one around 5 days after missed period, also got a negative but still no sign of AF and its 11 days late now! To be honest they were cheap tests so wondering about taking a clear blue one?