Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Cm and ovulating

Hi Ladies, I’m new here and looking for some advice with cm and ovulating. Me and my partner are trying after me coming off the pill about 5 weeks ago. I’ve had a withdrawal bleed ( it was about 5 days after I stopped the pill ) I logged this on my ovulation calendar and then I got my “proper” period today and logged it too. My calendar is saying that my fertile window starts the day after my period ends. Is that correct? I always thought your fertile window was 14 days roughly between periods. Does this mean I should dtd the day after my period ends 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
also I’m curious about cm, I’ve heard that your cm should be “egg-white and stretchy” I’ve never noticed my cm being this way, the most I have seen is it just being watery and never stretchy! Watery as in just wet - not slippery or anything.  I can get thick and creamy cm then it goes watery and was watery before my period for about 7/8 days. Sorry this is long just wondering if that’s normal. I did read somewhere that some women never get ‘EWCM’, sometimes it’s just watery and that’s normal and fertile too? I’m not sure if being on the pill maybe has messed my cm up or is my cm normal? 

Replies

• Sorry this is a picture of my calendar and it’s saying I’m fertile the day after my period!? 
  • I'd say the app needs more time to 'get to know you'. Means it will take a while, coming off the pill, until your cycles will get regular again. Until then the app will calculate with a basic 28 day cycle which is the average. You now logged in two periods, which probably had only around three weeks in between right? The app will now think that your regular cycle is really short. 
    If you want to be sure and don't take too much guesswork, I would highly recommend using opk or starting temping. You will log this into your app and it will also learn from this. 
  • Bundaberg said:
    I'd say the app needs more time to 'get to know you'. Means it will take a while, coming off the pill, until your cycles will get regular again. Until then the app will calculate with a basic 28 day cycle which is the average. You now logged in two periods, which probably had only around three weeks in between right? The app will now think that your regular cycle is really short. 
    If you want to be sure and don't take too much guesswork, I would highly recommend using opk or starting temping. You will log this into your app and it will also learn from this. 
    That’s correct there’s about 23/24 days between both periods that I logged. I just bought OPK so I’ll certainly start using them. Would I use them straight after my period ends?