Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

How long?

Evening all, hope yr all ok.

I think time has stood still with my cycles or maybe thats just me being impatient. I miscarried 19th March and I do feel better than i did a week. Husband and I are looking to the future and praying its our time next time, I bought my 1st ovulation kit today (never used one before). I just thought i would be ovualating this week as it is 2 weeks but i am feeling after reading some of the messages on here it could take alot longer to have my 1st period.

How long did everyone else take?

Thanks
Sam

Replies

• Hi littleone

Glad you are feeling a little better each week and able to look to the future :\) That's really good.

I've had 3 mc's and after each one my first AF took between 33 and 35 days to arrived (usual cycle is 29/30 days) and I ov'ed 2 1/2 weeks after at least 2 of my mc's (wasn't testing after the 1st one).

But it's quite possible for your first AF to take 4 - 6 weeks to arive (and for some women even longer) and is even possible to not ovulate the first month after a mc.

But I hope you get a pos ov test soon and don't have to wait much longer.

Love NN xxx
  • Hi Sam,
    Sorry to read about your sad loss. Hope you and your oh are doing ok.
    In my case it's talen a long time. In fact I still haven't had af and I mc'd on 17th Feb.
    It's so annoing and really quite upsetrting, but there's nothing that can be done except wait!
    I know lots of girls on here have been much quicker though.
    Good lukc!
    xx
  • Hi littleone,

I had a MC at the end of Oct and I didnt have an AF until the start of Jan - but then I was never regular anyway so just depends on your body and how well it has coped with it I think. I was bleeding for quite a while after MC too and felt awful for atleast 2 wks.
    Hope your AF arrives soon.
    XX
  • Hi Sam, I'm sorry to hear your news.

I had an ERPC on 29th Jan, af arrived 4th Mar, so about 5 weeks. Usual cycle was 29-35 days, so no longer for me luckily. xx
  • I had my D and C on the 26th of Feb and still no af but i think i am probably being very impatient as i just need to start trying again so i understand how you feel! Hope it comes soon and am sending you some sticky baby dust for after!!!
  • hi sorry,

I found out on 13th march i had lost my baby (MMC) and it was 4 weeks yesterday since my lo's heart stopped but i pnly 'passed' baby last week following medical management and i thought i got a negative on a HPT but it must have been false....still testing faintly posititve.

I was regular before so if it comes regular i will be due on next fortnight but i doubt it so its more likely to be May now!

I hope it isnt 2 long a wait for you....

Lx