Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to conceive, help needed

Replies

• @RememberToBreathe good one! :) did you say you're using ovulation sticks? We got some and yesterday and today I got the flashing face for high fertility, so I guess tomorrow might be the solid face? So perhaps I'll ovulate in the next few days 
  • @SmithL35 I’ve never used those ones, only the ones where you do or don’t get a line. I’ve a feeling I peaked overnight and ovulated this morning as my lows were going up and now coming down but I never saw high / peak. I often used to peak overnight! Fingers crossed xxx
  • @RememberToBreathe ah ok, well hopefully you did 🤞 I'm so pleased I'm in touch with you again and going through this with you! :) really hope we are lucky xx
  • @RememberToBreathe @SmithL35 Goodluck to you both ♥️ Really hoping we all get pregnant at the same time lol
    🙏🏽♥️
  • @SmithL35 seems just yesterday that Oscar and Ralph weren’t more than a dream! 

@alis20 when did you get married? How old are you if you don’t mind asking? I’m 37, married with 13 month old Ralph and an 11 year old Springer Spaniel ❤️
  • Thank you @alis20 🥰 yes that would be amazing!! Xx

Oh my goodness, hasn't the time gone fast?! @RememberToBreathe xx
  • @RememberToBreathe lovely to meet you here♥️ and @SmithL35
    i got married in July and got pregnant in September but MCs in October at 5 weeks 😢 I am 36 and worried it won’t happen or that I am not doing the right things …. I know I am cos the only thing I do wrong is being addicted to Costa coffee but I have drastically reduced that now lol 😂😂 love me some coffee and I try drinking decaf tea now too .. oh gosh the paranoia is real girls xx 😘 
  • Oh love @Alis20 you didn’t do anything wrong and you aren’t doing anything wrong now. I know you’ll know but the average time it takes is one year, it really is a waiting game. All you can do is have sex at the right time and try not to go mad for the next two weeks! I have a proper caffeine habit at the moment. There’s a Starbucks near by boy’s nursery and I’ve become obsessed with their honey and hazelnut oat milk lattes 😋
  • Ahh I'm a boring plain cup of tea girl 🤣🤣🤣
    But remember I went to decaf tea when I fell pregnant. I was wondering whether to try and cut down on the tea, I drink loads!!
    Yes as @RememberToBreathe said, a year is average. We got married July 2018, I had a chemical pregnancy in Jan 2019 and then May 2019  and it wasn't until Jan 2020 that it worked and lasted :) 
    @alis20 stay strong and try to stay positive about it.....but there maybe be times when you just feel like giving up with it :/ at least we have got each other for support. Come on ladies, we can do this!!! Xx
  • @RememberToBreathe aww bless you! Thank you both for the support @SmithL35 which is really appreciated and it’s nice to have other woman on your side ♥️ Starbucks lattes are the best 🤗🤗 but so dangerously addictive and expensive lol especially if it’s more than twice a week 😂

we got this girls 👧 patience and lots of sex required lol 😂 let’s get it on….
    xxx
  • I've got my peak today, so I guess I will ovulate tomorrow? X
  • @SmithL35 I think that’s correct and I use the flo app do you? My ovulation day was yesterday 🤞 do I need to take a break now for a week ? 
  • @Alis20 I don't, I could try it next cycle. Is it the one where you photograph test strips? Next time I might do my temperatures next time, as I found that worked for me last time but I decided not to this cycle. 
    The wait is hard isn't it :/ knowing me I will get restless and want to start testing xx
  • @SmithL35 the whole process is very draining when you want it so badly but I really don’t want to get too stressed about it! I will try my best and use the app and strips and see what happens lol. The flo app is the one that I jae to track period but it also gives good predictions about ovulation (from what I’ve heard from others). If you find that tracking your temperature worked for you why not bring it back 🤗 anything goes right lol
    i have also heard that you can actually go for blood tests hormones etc to check things, have you heard about that or know anyone that’s done that? Really considering of doing that 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Hey ladies! I’m still not convinced I’ve ovulated. My temp has been up and down almost like my body is trying to ovulate but just can’t quite make it happen? But my temp and resting heart rate is down today and I’m crampy so hoping that’s it! 

@SmithL35 one of my issues with temperature is that Ralph often ends up in my bed and he’s a radiator so am wondering if he’s physically messing up my temperature. He was with us this morning and I had a low temp though so perhaps that would have been lower if he’d not been on top of me and it’s a good sign 😂

@alis20 I might check out flo. I use fertility friend to track temps and periods and sex and I quite like it x 
  • Hi both :) yes I had a blood test done to check I was ovulating, that was about 8 months after starting TTC. I think possibly because of my age the Dr wanted to check.

Ah I really hope you are ovulating @RememberToBreathe x
  • @SmithL35 I was always pretty much like clock work, day 12 or 13 but this is my first full cycle so I didn’t expect it would be bang on but it’s still frustrating. I suspect that if my temp stays the same or goes up tomorrow then ovulation will be confirmed by fertility friend as Friday so we will see. As it happens we BD on Thursday night but before that not since Sunday so I’m not hopeful but be good to actually just complete a cycle and see what my luteal phase is doing x 

Hope you’re both well x 
  • @RememberToBreathe @SmithL35 OH MY GOODNESS! How exciting trying for babies number 2!! Wishing you both the very best 🥰
  • @dd1001!!!!!!!! How are you lovely?? How is your little man? He must be 19 months now?? How time flies. I thought of you the other day because I’m having one of those cycles when I think I’ve ovulated and then I haven’t and then I think I have and then I haven’t - reminded me of your epic one!!!
  • Hi @dd1001 🥰🥰🥰🥰 hope you are well x
    I am onto cycle 3 now :/ although during the time in our first cycle we both had covid so I didn't expect much. 
    How are you getting on @RememberToBreathe? X