Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

TTC MARCH 2022

Replies

• @Lauren_C how are you getting in lovely? 

I’m off work today so I’m going to be so distracted by all this. Work at least gives me something to focus on 😂
  • Ohhh @RememberToBreathe so exciting. Are you going to get a test or just wait it out? 
  • Fairycakes88Fairycakes88 Regular
    edited May 4, 2022 7:11AM
    On the downward trend this morning, boohoo!!

• Oh no @Fairycakes88.... but you just never know as it was taken at a different time. So you're not out yet. Have you taken any tests? 
  • @cheesecoleslaw86 I don’t know! I’m spending the day with my mom and so don’t really want to buy a test while I’m out with her. She knows we’re trying but she doesn’t know the details time wise and buying a test would somewhat give it away. I could pop out and get one tomorrow and see if I can hold on until Friday if temp stays up? I feel so nauseous but I’m putting it down to nerves! 

@Fairycakes88 I’m sorry you think you’re out but as @cheesecoleslaw86 says, it was an early temp for you so it might have been considerably higher depending on time x
  • Fairycakes88Fairycakes88 Regular
    edited May 4, 2022 8:18AM
    @cheesecoleslaw86 @RememberToBreathe Thanks ladies, I haven't taken any tests yet but I'm going out today to do some shopping so I know I'll end up buying a couple of cheap ones 😂 At 13dpo I'm sure the result will be fairly accurate lol. I just tried one of the BBT adjuster calculators and set it to the most regular time I have (7am rather than this mornings 5:45am lol) and it puts it up by about 0.10 degrees. 
  • @Lauren_C how are you getting in lovely? 

I’m off work today so I’m going to be so distracted by all this. Work at least gives me something to focus on 😂
    @RememberToBreathe I am quietly sat over here in the corner… trying not to obsess over temps 😂

After my little dip it went straight back up which I am happy about, got a few symptoms as well which again I dont think I can read too much into as I am only 6DPO but boobies are sore and I feel a bit sick - the only way I can describe to my OH is the feeling of waking up after an accidental daytime nap lol! 
    We will see but happy temps are in the higher range for now.

if it helps, I use https://whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php to do a temp adjuster - I work from home some days and in central London others so there is zero chance of taking my temp consistently at the same time

Xx
  • Lauren_C said:
    @Lauren_C how are you getting in lovely? 

@RememberToBreathe I am quietly sat over here in the corner… trying not to obsess over temps 😂

After my little dip it went straight back up which I am happy about, got a few symptoms as well which again I dont think I can read too much into as I am only 6DPO but boobies are sore and I feel a bit sick - the only way I can describe to my OH is the feeling of waking up after an accidental daytime nap lol! 

if it helps, I use https://whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php to do a temp adjuster - I work from home some days and in central London others so there is zero chance of taking my temp consistently at the same time

Xx
    What do you do for work if you don’t mind me asking? 

I try not to adjust my temp which is probably why I’m so up and down. FF is always telling me off
  • Lauren_C said:

Xx

I try not to adjust my temp which is probably why I’m so up and down. FF is always telling me off
    Ahh, I mean that may be where I am going very wrong, when I started this whole thing I promised myself not to get too obsessed… 😳

I am an IT trainer… the glamour lol
  • Lauren_C said:
    Lauren_C said:

Xx

Ahh, I mean that may be where I am going very wrong, when I started this whole thing I promised myself not to get too obsessed… 😳

I am an IT trainer… the glamour lol
    I wondered if you worked in law! I’m a solicitor but haven’t spent any time in London since before lockdown. Trickier now I have a toddler too really! 

The obsession is real. I’ve always found this forum quite good at keeping me balanced between staying optimistic but real!
  • Not quite law, am in the real estate game lol, but I haven't heard of too many solicitors back in offices on a daily basis - just no need really is there! Stay away for as long as possible, the tubes have gone right back to normal 😒

I totally agree, have spent a few days reading through the whole thread and I love how everyone is supportive yet realistic. I am a classic over thinker and need a platform like this to keep a level head ha ha

So you are about to start testing @RememberToBreathe? I am keeping everything crossed for you? 🤞🏻
  • I have such mixed feelings about testing @Lauren_C - if I test and it’s negative then I’m ultimately out at this stage really. So I feel like keeping the optimism going might be the way forward?? And if I get a positive I’ll only worry about it (I had four losses before 5 weeks before Ralph came along). Right now I can’t get hurt if you get me! 

Can’t say I fancy the tube! I’m actually based in Birmingham and only used to travel to London occasionally. I now drive to work as I can’t face the train! 
  • @RememberToBreathe I am so sorry to hear of your losses, I can imagine the heartbreak every time.

I totally agree - its a difficult one, if I test and its negative I am going to spiral and hate the world, if its positive I will get over excited. I haven't had too much experience, but I am pretty sure I had a chemical the first month I tried - which was a learning experience

For me, I think its best to just wait it out and see if AF comes or not. 

Out of interest for the lovely ladies that are 35+ and have tried for 6 months without luck. The advice I have read is to visit the GP. What typically happens at this point? (Sorry if this is a stupid question)

Deffo avoid London and trains in general 😂

xx
  • Thank you @lauren_c - strictly mine were all chemicals as I never got to ultrasound stage but they still cut deep. I’m sorry you experienced that your first month x 

GP wise, mine was great. Basically ran every blood test he could authorise and sent me for an internal scan to check for any polyps etc. Everything came back clear but I think the NICE guidance is to test for all different hormones at relevant time of cycle x 
  • @RememberToBreathe thank you, strangely had never heard of a chemical pregnancy at the time so have educated myself since. Posts on here really help too - I don't know, you just figure it wouldn't be that difficult when EVERYONE around you is getting pregnant at the drop of a hat but hey ho

Thank you for the guidance, that is really helpful ☺️

Xx
  • @Lauren_C The jealousy is real isn't it!
    I'm 33 this month and this is our 8th cycle, not sure when I should contact the GP either 🤔
    I had my first and second children with my ex, #1 was conceived on first cycle and #2 took a year! But I just put that down to us having irregular sex.
    This
    Would be #3 for me and #4 for my husband.

Fingers crossed for all who are about to test! 🤞 xxx
  • @MrsSpiller2021 it really is, I try not to go there in my head but its hard when there is an announcement every 5 minutes 😂

I think from what reading I have done is if you are under 35 you should try for a year before going to the docs. 

Im only in my fourth cycle of TTC #1 but I am 38 and overweight so the panic does set in

Ditto - good luck to everyone testing 🤞🏻😘
  • Well ladies and I tested and was a BFN. Have cramps now too so AF is gonna arrive on schedule. Oh well, onto the next 😊
  • Ah no @Fairycakes88 - hope AF isn’t too cruel x 
  • 😢 sorry to hear that @Fairycakes88 hope she is out of the way quick x