Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Is there still a chance?

Hey lovelies! AF is 3 days late, I did a test when I was 1 day late and it was a BFN. I really thought this could be my month as I’ve had backache for a week now which I don’t usually get until during my period. Is there still a chance or would you say there’s not really much chance I am..🥺

Replies

• Retest in a few days if you are still late it could just mean you are to early to be detected but just try not to over think if you can I'm sure it will happen for you one day xx
  • @Sfw1991 , I will do! Fingers crossed, thank you! Xx
  • Fingers crossed for you to hun! All the best x
  • Any update? Praying for ya!
  • Still no AF and still BFN’s 🥺🥺
  • Sorry for jumping on this thread but I need some help/advice the pic below shows what my ovulation app is saying and I’ve tested this morning and BFN but I’ve had headaches for the past few days and feeling sick (not sure if it’s because of the headaches) should I hang in there or write this month off 

• Still no AF and still BFN’s 🥺🥺
    Did you definitely ovulate when you think you did for your period to be late? Xx

• Sorry for jumping on this thread but I need some help/advice the pic below shows what my ovulation app is saying and I’ve tested this morning and BFN but I’ve had headaches for the past few days and feeling sick (not sure if it’s because of the headaches) should I hang in there or write this month off 

Being blunt, you don’t have much option to just wait it out I guess!

What app is this? Does it take things into account to predict when to test or is it just based on usual cycle length? Because if you’re late but no period and no positive pregnancy test it’s probably more likely that you didn’t ovulate when your app thinks you did. Hope that makes sense! I’m in a weird position at the moment as I only got my cycle back after 13 months but the first cycle was 49 days and one of my apps kept telling me to test after 28 days because it just assumed I was “normal”. Do you temp?
  • I don’t temp. I used clearblue digital ovulation tests this month and I got a flashing smiley on 13th April and a solid smiley on 14th April which I put into my app. It’s telling me to test which I have and still nothing but then it’s also saying my period is predicted on 29th April. I’m so confused. The app is called Flo 
  • I’m not sure to be honest. I Use the digital clear blue ovulation tests and I got a flashing smiley for a few days but no still smiley (flashing is high, still is peak) so perhaps I haven’t ovulated this month🥺
  • @becca160786 you could have ovulated up to 48 hours after that static phase so that could put 14DPO at 30 April. Could still be too early to get a line. Stay positive x 

@wildflowers it could be that your body was trying to ovulate and didn’t? I’ve had this a lot lately (I’ve only had three cycles since having my little boy in December 2020) where I’ve had days of highs on tests (I don’t use the smiley ones because I’m cheap!) but never peaks and then four/five days later it happens again. Is it worth doing some cheapy ovulations tests to see what’s what?
  • @becca160786 you could have ovulated up to 48 hours after that static phase so that could put 14DPO at 30 April. Could still be too early to get a line. Stay positive x 

Well I never thought of that. God this is all so confusing I don’t remember it being this hard when I was ttc my daughter 6 years ago haha. Do you use any apps? Guess I’ll hang on for a few more days before I test again. The past few days I’ve had headaches, feeling sick but don’t know if that’s cause of the headaches, feeling a little dizzy every now and then, peeing a little more than usual and not sleeping very well but that could also be my mind working over time 

Well I never thought of that. God this is all so confusing I don’t remember it being this hard when I was ttc my daughter 6 years ago haha. Do you use any apps? Guess I’ll hang on for a few more days before I test again. The past few days I’ve had headaches, feeling sick but don’t know if that’s cause of the headaches, feeling a little dizzy every now and then, peeing a little more than usual and not sleeping very well but that could also be my mind working over time 
    It is confusing!!!! 

I use fertility friend but I’m a temp’er as well as an OPK’er and I like FF because it’s always been very reliable for me on confirming ovulation. 

I’m currently 3DPO and already progesterone is messing with me. Peeing in the night and wild dreams! I forgot how bad it gets me. I never sleep well during the luteal phase, it’s a killer!!
  • @RememberToBreathe thank you! Yes perhaps I need to buy some cheaper ones so I can test a lot more and really see what’s what as the clear blue ones are so expensive to have to buy every month! 
  • edited Apr 27, 2022 10:17AM
    @wildflowers this month I used 37 of them! Appreciate this is a bit excessive but first I had to find out when my LH was surging - turns out it’s the morning around 9am which goes against what all the instructions say(!). Every test I took after midday was basically stark white. I kept getting to high but never peak. Then finally got a peak and then continued to take tests until it went down to high and then to low. I don’t really understand the smiley ones but I can’t see (personally) how they can actually give you all the data you need to actually confirm it’s happened rather than leaving you with it should now be happening?