Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Need some input.

I am a week late on my period. I took a test a few days after and nothing. I've been have symptoms for 4 days atleast now. I'm convinced I am pregnant. I have been taking tests all throughout the day. I notice more of a line in the afternoon after drinking more water. I asked my Dr to send me for a hgc blood test. I went on the 15th. My results were super late coming back to me. Yesterday the 17th I woke up and took a test and I saw a faint line right away. Later in the morning I got my results only for it to show my hgc was under 3 which is considered not pregnant.
I was so confused as I definitely showed a line right away. My lines are super faint but 100% there. My Dr laughed at me and basically told me my home pregnancy test must all be wrong because the blood is too accurate. I don't know what to think and I'm sad because I 100% think I'm preg but my Dr is basically just saying I can't be. Has anyone dealt with this in pregnancy?

Replies

• TheWelshDreamerTheWelshDreamer Regular
    edited Nov 18, 2022 5:55PM
    Dani0987 said:
    I am a week late on my period. I took a test a few days after and nothing. I've been have symptoms for 4 days atleast now. I'm convinced I am pregnant. I have been taking tests all throughout the day. I notice more of a line in the afternoon after drinking more water. I asked my Dr to send me for a hgc blood test. I went on the 15th. My results were super late coming back to me. Yesterday the 17th I woke up and took a test and I saw a faint line right away. Later in the morning I got my results only for it to show my hgc was under 3 which is considered not pregnant.
    I was so confused as I definitely showed a line right away. My lines are super faint but 100% there. My Dr laughed at me and basically told me my home pregnancy test must all be wrong because the blood is too accurate. I don't know what to think and I'm sad because I 100% think I'm preg but my Dr is basically just saying I can't be. Has anyone dealt with this in pregnancy?
    Hey sweet, I went thru this, when I got pregnant with my little girl, my lines were very very faint, my first blood test was considered negative, although tests were showing faint lines, my  doctor had me back in for more bloods a week later and surprise.. my levels were 200 odd so I was defo pregnant! It can happen, doctors always consider levels under 5 as negative, it might be that you’ve literally just caught! I hope this helps, can always message me privately if you need anything x x