Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help? Am I Pregnant?

Hello!
Im honestly so confused and not sure what else to do. I came off hormonal birth control at the beginning of January. I let my body naturally have 2 periods before starting to conceive. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for roughly 2 months now. This time round I have been experiencing a few symptoms like bloating, gas and a little bit of nausea. I managed to catch my high ovulation using ovulation sticks so I know that we did try during and leading up to ovulation. My period was due 3 days ago. I haven’t got it yet but every pregnancy test I take says negative including the early detection ones. I have no signs of starting my period. I do have significantly more discharge however. Could I still be pregnant despite the negative tests? Or am I giving myself false hope? I have never ever missed a period before so I’m really confused as to why it hasn’t come yet. Could this be because of the pill even tho I’ve been off it for months now and every period leading up to this one has been normal. Please help!

Replies

• Jesse7223 said:
    Hello!
    Im honestly so confused and not sure what else to do. I came off hormonal birth control at the beginning of January. I let my body naturally have 2 periods before starting to conceive. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for roughly 2 months now. This time round I have been experiencing a few symptoms like bloating, gas and a little bit of nausea. I managed to catch my high ovulation using ovulation sticks so I know that we did try during and leading up to ovulation. My period was due 3 days ago. I haven’t got it yet but every pregnancy test I take says negative including the early detection ones. I have no signs of starting my period. I do have significantly more discharge however. Could I still be pregnant despite the negative tests? Or am I giving myself false hope? I have never ever missed a period before so I’m really confused as to why it hasn’t come yet. Could this be because of the pill even tho I’ve been off it for months now and every period leading up to this one has been normal. Please help!
    How many days are your cycles? I came off the depo injection and it took me over 8 months to conceive and for my periods to regulate.. I’m now 11 weeks tomorrow.. I’d wait until a week late for your period and test again xx