Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice

Hi guys, 
Me and my partner have been TTC since October now (our 2nd) and having no luck. I’ve been tracking ovulation using ovulation sticks etc and my periods are all normal.

Does anyone have any advice on how often you should ‘do it’ and if you’ve cut out caffeine completely as a few people have said I need to stop drinking tea/coffee! 
Would really love some advice as I’m starting to think something is wrong and starting to loose hope 😔 x 

Replies

• Hey there! I understand how frustrating it can be when you're trying to conceive and not having any luck. When it comes to how often you should have intercourse, experts generally recommend aiming for every 2-3 days throughout your cycle. As for caffeine, while some studies suggest that high caffeine intake may reduce fertility, moderate consumption is generally considered safe. It's always a good idea to maintain a balanced lifestyle and keep your caffeine intake within a reasonable range. Some experts (e.g. from iyoni app) recommend avoid drinking alcohol, and introduce all changes min 3 month prior to ttc. Stay positive, it's normal to feel discouraged, but try not to lose hope.Hope this helps. x