Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

tube removed just got few q's

Hi i had my tube removed a week and half ago after my ectopic ruptured cos methotrexate didnt work, just wondered ive started my period yesterday and have been having quite some pain on the right side where had tube removed, like ovulating pain and sharpness, is this normal?? and how long does it last?? also how long did you wait til you had sex again?? and did any of you get infected wounds as all three of mine are infected. nothing like feeling like the unluckiest person ever lol thanks girls xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Mrs Cullen
    So sorry to hear about your ectopic its a nasty experience and I found it a scary thought having to have surgery - I had my right tube removed in April and I did get pain afterwards for a few days I think (I also now get ovulation pain which I never had pre op) I was lucky but my wounds weren;t infected
    took me about 6 weeks post op to feel ok about BDing again and even then I was a bit nervous but it was fine
    I hope you start to feel better soon
    Daisyx
  • Options
    Hi, I had part of my left tube removed 4 years ago and we are now TTC again. I had sharp pains, (like a much much smaller version of the rupturing pain), but very sharp and enough to call NHS direct again! They came for the first couple of months right about the time I would be ovulating. Doctor said it was probably adhesions (scar tissue). Soon eased off after that though. I waited around 6 weeks before having sex again. Didn't get a wound infection but was off work for 11 weeks because I had emergency open surgery so my scar is right across my tummy. Fading well though with lots of moisturiser! I hope you are feeling better soon.
  • Options
    hi mrs cullen, how are you feeling now? i had my right tube removed on Friday n an emergency operation where i apparently nearly died. as you are a littlefurther ahead than me i just wondered if you could offer any advice to me xx
  • Options
    hey, i'm ok now. still gettting pains when i ovulate and also having pain during sex. dont know how long will take to get better, soon though i hope! how are you feeling??