Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

37 and wondering if this will ever happen....

Hello Ladies, this weekend I guess I had what they would class as a chem pg as it was a mc less than 6w. I was sooooo happy to find out I was pg again (just 6 days ago) after losing my bean in Jan this year at 11w (it was over a year before we got pg with the first time). I started to bleed yesterday and over night had heavy bleeding, clots and cramping I did a hpt this moring which was a bfn. My last bfp was last Thursday with fmu. DH and I have no other children.

I feel like giving up, my mood is all over the place, one minute I'm ok and rationalising ' well at least I didn't get to 11w like last time and there was nothing really there yet, it's just like a late af etc etc.' the next minute I feel so down I don't know what to do. I don't know whether to keep trying or not, I feel worn out by it all. I will talk to the doctor tomorrow but I am sure they will say the 2 mc are unrelated and there really is nothing they can do.

This ttc takes a toll, it is exhausting. I feel angry when I see young teenagers pg in the street as it was so easy for them and quite possibly and accident. I don't know - this is just a crazy frustrated ramble. Sorry.

I'm feeling very low this evening. I'm 37 and feel like I've left it too late. I feel ridiculous for trying this at 37, what am I thinking, when you look at the stats for women my age it just seems like wishful thinking :cry: I don't know how much longer I can do this.

Replies

• hey hun, am so sorry to hear this image and i totally get how you must be feeling and about the teenagers too! please try and dig some of that pma out again, women older than you have had fine and healthy babies! my mum had one at 45! ttc is a big big struggle. on the plus side this bfp didn't take long after a mc at 11 weeks! i'm 25 and still ttc 9 monthd after a mmc at 12 weeks!!!! ((((((hugs)))))))) xx
  • Hi BoB

I'm so sorry to hear of your recent loss, it is gutting no matter when it happens.

I can relate to what you're going through so closely it's scary. It too am 37 and also ttc our first. We've been ttc for nearly 2 years now, with one mc along the way, and I can relate to how you're feeling about maybe leaving it too late.

I can't offer any solutions, but I'm sending you big (((((hugs))))) and so much luck for your continued efforts in ttc. Don't give up now, we're not that old and there's still plenty of time. I believe I'm 37 years young and will carry on ttc until I'm at least 40!!! I might be completely knackered by then, but at least I know we'll have given it our best shot!

Lynn x
  • Hi BoB

Really sorry to hear about your loss and can relate to how you are feeling, I had a mmc at 9 weeks in oct 08 and a previous mc the year before after trying for 2 years at the age of 37, I then went on to have a healthy pregnancy and was blessed with a DD in oct 09 and at the ripe old age of 39.

What I'm trying to say is don't lose hope and I hope you go on to have a healthy pregnancy.

Big Huggs
    Christine x
  • Hi, I can identify with your post. I suffered a missed miscarrige, in fact, last Wed was 4 weeks since my ERPC. At the time I really thought everything was against me, but my first period since the op returned at the weekend and I am feeling much more positive about the future and am looking forward to trying again. Its my bday Fri, I will be 36. I'm sure we both have plenty of time yet to get our special little bubba's Please don't lose hope. Thinking of you. Zoe xx
  • Thank you so much ladies, Lynn you made me laugh at least, yes I know how you feel about being knackered by then! dh and me!

I am feeling a little better today.

Christine that is so wonderful to hear and makes me want to keep trying!

Zoe I had my mmc in Jan and had a D&C, so went through this then, then I thought this was it this month, I felt differenet for the 6 days I was pg, nausea and dizzyness which I didn't have last time at all during my 11w's and I thought it was a good sign - obvioulsy not. What to think - I don't know :\? I still have the nausea and sore (.)(.) too.

Poor old dh doesn't know what to say anymore, he said last night let's give it a rest for a month after I said I couldn't do it anymore, of course I said 'no'. But at least it made me realise that I do want to keep trying.

Thank you ladies. I guess with my hormones all over the place I will go up and down for a few more days.

I spoke with the doc's office this morning and they are due to call me back and tell me what tests they will do, they said at a minimum they will run bloods to check my hcg levels. :roll: