Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Scared to test

I had a natural MC exactly 5 weeks ago. I was 6 weeks pregnant. I have a strong feeling I might be pregnant again (symptoms exactly the same as before my MC) even though it would be very very lucky as we only BD once this month but I think it was at the time of OV. I am just petrified of testing as if it's BFN I am going to be so disappointed and if it's BFP I am so scared of the same thing happening again. I keep thinking if I leave it as long as possible to test I will at least have got past the stage where my MC happened last time. Anyone else felt the same and what did you decide to do?

Replies

• Hi Emma, I also had a natural mc at 6 weeks on the 13th Dec. I know how you feel hun, it's a scary time but you have to remember that just because it happened once does not mean it will happen again. Try and think positive and try not to stress yourself out (easier said than done)
    As for when to test, I think I would want to test. If you think about it, AF will not arrive so your going to "know" in a way anyway and your going to worry. At least if you have tested you can make a doctor appointment and have a chat to calm your nerves, the doctor will also probably offer blood tests to confirm your hormone levels are rising appropriately which will also help ease your nerves a little.

Good luck hun and don't forget we are all here if you need us xx
  • best of luck emma let us know how u get on xxx
  • Hi Emma
    So sorry that you had a mc.
    I had a mmc just over 5 weeks ago, too.
    If it was me I would have to test.
    I would want to know one way or the other.
    Sending you lots of (((hugs)))
    and hoping you get the +ive you want.
    nettie x
  • I would have said what Huni said, except she said it better than I was planning to.
    Good luck xx Sara
  • Hi Emma, I was in the same situation as you m/c 7 wks ago at 6wks n tested 6 weeks after mc to find out I had a BFP. I only BD twice. But I know what u mean it is a rollercoaster. I still havent managed 2 post on preg after m/c just encase it happens again. I hope u have a BFP. Good Luck!
  • Thanks so much for all your advice. I think I will wait one more week and then buy a test. LC2RED that is great news - wishing you a h&h 9 months and I hope everyone else gets their BFP very soon too.