Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss

[This is also in LTTTC&I]

Most of you will no that recurrent pregnancy loss is classed as three or more consecutive miscarriages.

I wondered who out there falls into this category and what investigation and treatment you have received?

I know about laujai is there any more ladies? Did you ever find out the cause? How far did you carry each time? What is your current situation?

My Story:

In June 2009 I had a BFP followed by very heavy AF at 5wks, I class this as a chemical.

At the end of Jan 2010 I had a very traumatic m/c at 10wks (Conservative management), I got an infection and then 3 wks later had to have an ERPC anyway

I also had another BFP in March 2010 followed by very heavy AF at 5wks, I class this as another chemical.

I am now on CD30 of a 27 day cycle with a very very faint 2nd line on HPT and no AF yet, I am praying this is not another chemical. So far neither pregnancy nor AF has been confirmed, so although rare for me, this could be just a late cycle??

FYI: due to psychological desire I see 2nd lines so often, that I no longer consider them as BFP's I only consider a digital BFP as confirmation.

I am 34, have two daughters (13 & 9) from a previous relationship, and last year passed all fertility tests, perfectly healthy, ovulating etc. My DH is 40, has no children and after fertility tests last year (Sept 2009) was thought to have Oligoasthenoteratozoospermia this basically means, fewer than 20 million sperm per ml with less than 50% being motile and more than 85% abnormally shaped. After a few months of improved diet, lifestyle changes etc. my DH had repeat semen analysis which showed a marked improvement in sperm quantity from 10 million sperm per ml to 18 million sperm per ml however the motility and morphology was still poor.

In spite of that we are managing to conceive but don't appear to be keeping our beans for very long :\( So, Without any tests, just going from our clinical history it looks like the problems might be abnormal sperm morphology causing weak embryos and / or chromosomal abnormalities that can not survive to maturity?

Anyway, it'd be good to hear some other RPL stories and understand a bit more about it. What's your story?

Thanks FT xxxx :\)

Replies

• Hi FT,

Thought i'd reply here so easier for you to refer too.

Of course I dont mind you asking questions I hope I can help.

I'll give you a breif history 1st & then tell you what happened for us.

1st pg Oct 2008 found out at 8wks went for 12wk scan & had mmc baby was no longer there & sac had shrunk & measured 6wks.

June 2009 had a Early/Chem pg at approx 5 wks I spoke to GP about this as had been having faint +ve & AF a wk late, tests turnt -ve & then started to bleed very heavy, clots & pain.

July 2009 Conceived straight away (as wasnt trying) strong +ve scan at just under 6wks showed everything was were it should be, went away came back & had scan at 7+5 no hb, went back a wk later for another scan as didnt beleive it & was measuring smaller still no hb.

Oct 2009 +ve CBD no AF since last erpc in Aug, bloods showed I had ov & scan showed a sac which they couldnt decide was either a pg or a vascular area!!! Tests gradually turnt -ve & so did bloods, 1 night had severe pain & was vomiting nxt moring passed pg had it tested come back as pg tissue.

By this time I had already been referred to recurrent mc clinic.

We saw a consultant in gynae who took all our history, and examined me internally & had a feel of my stomach.

There is such a long list of bloods that we had, so I might post a separate link on here listing all the tests as it will explain in more detail.

They didnt find any reason for our losses and mc tissue that we had tested came back normal so we have no idea why it happened to us. As for conceiving the main pg that lasted a bit longer we didnt actually try, we were casual, and same with this one we didnt try we were actually waiting till after holiday but it happened, didnt do anything different & dont even know when we conceived a dont remember doing the do that month LOL!!!

If you need anything else just ask, sorry so long oh & GP referred us to gynae.

http://www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/ma2006/information/leaflets/recurrent.htm
    xxx

[Modified by: laujai on April 30, 2010 06:49 PM]

• Thanks for the info Laujai, you're a sweetie. I'm going to look at the link now! x

BTW: AF came about an hour ago.
  • Your welcome hun.

Im sorry she got you hun.

If you need anything else just ask xxx